Photo

Michael Beasley released, will Lakers take a look? (Pg. 23)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
636 replies to this topic

#581 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,059 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 09, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Oh there's a couple, I'm just waiting to post the articles etc till somewhere more polished does so. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#582 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 09, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Im on twitter and bball sites heavy man.  There isnt a source out there that has reported that OKC, Heat or Lakers have any interest in Beasley.  The Heat interest was shot down by a close Heat beat writer (IraHeatBeat).  He's like their Kevin Ding so to speak.  Everything is articles about "why ____ should take chance on Beasley" or "who can help turn Beasley's career around". 

Oh there's a couple, I'm just waiting to post the articles etc till somewhere more polished does so. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#583 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,059 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Im on twitter and bball sites heavy man.  There isnt a source out there that has reported that OKC, Heat or Lakers have any interest in Beasley.  The Heat interest was shot down by a close Heat beat writer (IraHeatBeat).  He's like their Kevin Ding so to speak.  Everything is articles about "why ____ should take chance on Beasley" or "who can help turn Beasley's career around". 

there's also articles about potential interest from OKC Lakers and the Heat, they just aren't as reputable as someone like say, Ding or Woj.    So the news is pretty docile lately the last few days.

Has there even been news that Beasley has even cleared waivers yet?  He should have by now but no report on it.

#584 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 04:26 PM

Anybody can write a bleacher report article man.  Unless the guy is connected to the team or some reputable source its probably a fan like you making it up.  I think guys are grossly overrating any interest teams have in Beasley in the midst of his legal issues.  Maybe when his legal situation blows over or next season but Beasley still has that rape investigation going I believe.

there's also articles about potential interest from OKC Lakers and the Heat, they just aren't as reputable as someone like say, Ding or Woj.    So the news is pretty docile lately the last few days.

Has there even been news that Beasley has even cleared waivers yet?  He should have by now but no report on it.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#585 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 09, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Jody your always negative lol

#586 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,059 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 06:37 PM

Anybody can write a bleacher report article man.  Unless the guy is connected to the team or some reputable source its probably a fan like you making it up.  I think guys are grossly overrating any interest teams have in Beasley in the midst of his legal issues.  Maybe when his legal situation blows over or next season but Beasley still has that rape investigation going I believe.

Perhaps but they don't overrate the significance. 

Yes or no

If the Lakers sign Beasley they have the deepest combined bench in the league, yes or no?  Or "up there" at least.

#587 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted September 09, 2013 - 07:39 PM

@majesty does WORK investigating Laker rumours.

we should all say thanks

#588 vmann

vmann

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Name:nick
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bean bryant

Posted September 09, 2013 - 09:34 PM

seriously, props to majesty for all the research. and yes, the lakers will have an incredibly deep bench if they sign beasley and everyone is healthy. 

#589 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,634 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted September 10, 2013 - 03:55 AM

We would be as deep as the mariana trench LOL
But i want a good fight
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#590 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Because Im not living in a fantasy world where this news was reported?  Go find any credible source where Beasley is being looked at by any team. 

Jody your always negative lol

#591 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 10, 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yea fans on here tend to shoot down any negative rumors for the lakers but will believe any positive rumor about the lakers

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#592 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Exactly, I follow at least 10 credible NBA sources on twitter and none of them have reported any interest in Beasley by any team.  Majesty is doing twitter searches and pulling out bs mentions and all of a sudden he's commended on his research lmao

Yea fans on here tend to shoot down any negative rumors for the lakers but will believe any positive rumor about the lakers

#593 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 10, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Don't think it has anything to do with what's been reported.  If you look at Mitch's history with the Lakers, he's always had a fondness for former lottery picks that went bust.  He's had success finding cheap talent after a player has worn out his welcome on other teams or just not lived up to the hype.

With precedence and logic as evidence, I'd agree that regardless of what's reported or not reported, there is a measure of interest in a young talented former #2 pick for the right price.

Will it happen?  I don't think any team is going to court Beasley just to prove a point.  I think they want to make sure he's hungry before he gets his next job...(with him, that's the only thing that's been missing).

He'll end up on a roster...he's too young and too talented not to.  To say the Lakers are going to take a hard pass on him because of "reports"?  I wouldn't bet on that.

Edited by GCMD, September 10, 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#594 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 09:37 AM

Im not saying its a sure thing he wont end up on a roster especially the Lakers in our state but I wouldnt be surprised if teams pass on him this year as well.  I think his legal issues keep being overlooked.  Dude was just being investigated for a rape charge in May.  Could be a much deeper issue at hand, smokin weed is the least of his issues only a symptom possibly. 

#595 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 10, 2013 - 10:57 AM

I guarantee you beasley is getting looked at . If ok players like earl clark got picked up beasley is a way better player

#596 vmann

vmann

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 02:18 PM

agreed. of course teams have to look at him. problems and all, the guy can flat out score at the NBA level and he is only 24. someone will pick him up before training camps open. 

#597 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 10, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Im not saying its a sure thing he wont end up on a roster especially the Lakers in our state but I wouldnt be surprised if teams pass on him this year as well.  I think his legal issues keep being overlooked.  Dude was just being investigated for a rape charge in May.  Could be a much deeper issue at hand, smokin weed is the least of his issues only a symptom possibly. 

That's why noone is going all out for him...you don't know what his agent is pandering.  He may be out there looking for MLE type deals with a bottom dollar amount that just isn't worth it in this situation to most teams.  We are looking at the best case scenario in terms of salary, proposing vet min for 1 year, which is NOT what a player of Beasley's caliber, talent or age is looking for...at least, not yet.

Once his agent has struck out getting a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal, then and only then do we even have a CHANCE at landing Beasley.

But what reports are saying is "the Lakers don't have interest in Beasley...yet"...which could very well be true, at his ASKING PRICE.

Once the Lakers even hint at an offer, Beasley's asking price goes up far beyond what we can offer...so it's really no need to bid against ourselves.

The smart play is to let Beasley hit rock bottom, come to us willing to exchange money and length of contract for feature time in the starting unit or lots of time as the first man off the bench.  That's what we have to offer...and once we start talks with him, it has to get done quickly.

#598 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,336 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 11, 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wow..

NBA source tells Sun Sentinel that Miami Heat will sign Michael Beasley to non-guaranteed, make-good contract from training camp.

The Miami Heat have reached agreement with free agent forward Michael Beasley to join training camp, source tells Yahoo Sports.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, September 11, 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#599 vmann

vmann

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 12:42 PM

beasley on the bench would really give this laker team an added dynamic. i hope it happens, but i know it's a longshot. 

#600 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts

Posted September 11, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Pretty much ends this thread lol

Wow..

NBA source tells Sun Sentinel that Miami Heat will sign Michael Beasley to non-guaranteed, make-good contract from training camp.

The Miami Heat have reached agreement with free agent forward Michael Beasley to join training camp, source tells Yahoo Sports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users