Photo

Michael Beasley released, will Lakers take a look? (Pg. 23)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
636 replies to this topic

#521 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,176 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted September 04, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne 1m

For now, Lakers do not have interest in Michael Beasley, I hear.

For now!!

#522 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,656 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 04, 2013 - 11:46 AM

The Lakers have to act not interested in my opinion just so someone like Portland won't grab him out of spite of a so-called "rivalry".

The more I think about it Beasley at the four, would be nice

We would have

Nick

Beas

Wes

Farmar

Hill

Meeks

and

Kobe

Nash

Pau

Kaman

Blake

Now that's a good tea if Kobe is Kobe. That might be as good as our title teams

I hope Pau can  have a resurgence, we saw it with Dirk and Duncan and Garnett, after looking DONE, having one or two more really good seasons.

I think Pau can do it

And with Beas,Farmar,Wes,Nick,Hill and Meeks, you can expect an energetic group of guys close in age and in the same situation for the most part, and there will be chemistry, camaraderie, but also competitiveness 

#523 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,843 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 04, 2013 - 01:08 PM

This talk about not being interested
Better be. Kupcheck smoke screen

#524 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,744 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 04, 2013 - 01:15 PM

I don't see an issue with picking up Beasley on a minimum contract...I think he's probably going to look for a multi year contract first though...

If he strikes out (which is most likely), we are an option.  Pat Riley and the Heat are also an option...Beasley fits their loose and free youth movement more than our serious-minded, work-man culture with Kobe at the helm.  I'm pretty sure that if the Heat are interested, they'd get him long before we would.

So don't get your hopes up.

Don't sleep on Jason Kidd and the Nets.  Kidd is popular with players and they have as much overall talent on that team as any other team in the NBA...it's just really OLD talent...I can see Kidd being able to get thru to Beasley and Deron/KG/PP being able to mentor him in a way that allows him to flourish.

Many of you are approaching this thing like if he clears waiver, Beasley to LAL is a done deal...that's erroneous at best.  T)he only thing we could offer Beasley that other teams probably won't?  A starting spot (at SF)...

Don't get hyped...there is absolutely no reason to think this is going to happen.  Could it?  Yes...and the Lakers would go 82-0 and 16-0 thru the playoffs to win the Championship...

Exactly.

#525 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted September 04, 2013 - 02:15 PM

Technically since he hasn't cleared waivers yet lol

#526 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 05, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Beasley$$$$

#527 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,408 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 05, 2013 - 06:28 PM

I think you are wrong in all of your assessments.  The Nets have absolutely no room or need for Beasley considering they are about 2-3 deep at the 3 and 4 positions.  The Heat have a youth movement? The youngest guy in their core is Lebron and he's 28, you sure you're not thinking OKC?  With him taking less money there is obviously some interest out there for him and maybe he has a place that will pay him the 2M he left on the table. 

I don't see an issue with picking up Beasley on a minimum contract...I think he's probably going to look for a multi year contract first though...

If he strikes out (which is most likely), we are an option.  Pat Riley and the Heat are also an option...Beasley fits their loose and free youth movement more than our serious-minded, work-man culture with Kobe at the helm.  I'm pretty sure that if the Heat are interested, they'd get him long before we would.

So don't get your hopes up.

Don't sleep on Jason Kidd and the Nets.  Kidd is popular with players and they have as much overall talent on that team as any other team in the NBA...it's just really OLD talent...I can see Kidd being able to get thru to Beasley and Deron/KG/PP being able to mentor him in a way that allows him to flourish.

Many of you are approaching this thing like if he clears waiver, Beasley to LAL is a done deal...that's erroneous at best.  T)he only thing we could offer Beasley that other teams probably won't?  A starting spot (at SF)...

Don't get hyped...there is absolutely no reason to think this is going to happen.  Could it?  Yes...and the Lakers would go 82-0 and 16-0 thru the playoffs to win the Championship...

Exactly.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#528 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 05, 2013 - 09:52 PM

grain of salt

The Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly interested in signing Michael Beasley, presumably when he clears the waivers.

As well as

@Ostad21 Lakers understand Beasley could be taken by other teams via mini midlevel, which Lakers don't have. Could if no one picks him up

Sounds like the Williams and Henry signings were made in case Beasley opts to go elsewhere as the Lakers feel that Beasley could be gotten for the mMLE or MLE which they do not have.

Smart move really, nice to know they'll at least likely make an attempt BUT if Beasley goes for more money elsewhere the Lakers have signed their backup plans for the most part although Williams serves as a backup play to Ryan Kelly as well.

But yeah, Lakers are prepping in case beasley takes more money elsewhere with these 2 signings in the past 2 days, Beasley clears waivers tomorrow or rather today.

Edited by Majesty, September 05, 2013 - 09:57 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#529 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 05, 2013 - 09:54 PM

Who's Elviro Ramas?

#530 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,051 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Lol majesty. Sources sources sources

• 40,364 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Everybody seems to be a "source" these days with Twitter. Take it with a grain of

saltgrains.jpg

yo.

#532 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,650 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:28 PM

please bring in some credible sources. not people with 10 followers.

#533 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,773 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:28 PM

Everybody seems to be a "source" these days with Twitter. Take it with a grain of

saltgrains.jpg

That's why when it isn't 'official' or someone known or an article.  I say "grain of salt"

• 40,364 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Lol majesty. Sources sources sources

Give him credit though he does say grain of salt. What the receiver chooses to do with that grain of salt however is entirely up to them.

yo.

#535 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,051 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:34 PM

I know I'm just teasin. What the source is saying makes sense tho.

• 40,364 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:34 PM

I know I'm just teasin.

Leave that to the ladies.

yo.

#537 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,051 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:43 PM

LOL

#538 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,331 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Majesty, if you're going to post Tweets, please make sure they're from reputable sources.  Tweets from Elviro Ramas, whose profile says "The woman is the reflection of her man" and has french fries as his Twitter header is not reputable in the slightest. 

#539 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,773 posts

Posted September 05, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Majesty, if you're going to post Tweets, please make sure they're from reputable sources.  Tweets from Elviro Ramas, whose profile says "The woman is the reflection of her man" and has french fries as his Twitter header is not reputable in the slightest. 

noted

#540 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,312 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted September 06, 2013 - 01:22 AM

Beasley should be signed. There really isn't any reason why not to sign him. If he doesn't show signs of maturity, he can be waived. Simple.

Also, he's been at his best throughout his career as a 4. Not a 3. And we need a 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users