Photo

Pau and D'Antoni insinuate that the decision to bench Gasol was made to please Dwight Howard

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 07, 2013 - 10:15 AM

If this were true, which I don't really believe because it all looks like a PR stunt to make MDA look good, then it would only solidify the fact that MDA has zero control over this team. He has always been afraid of confrontation, and you can't have that from your head coach. You can't be afraid of displeasing your players if you even want to be considered a contender. You can give D'Antoni a star-studded roster, but if he's inept and afraid of pissing off the stars of that team, then he's useless whenever we face some sort of adversity. 

We're not going to sniff a championship anytime soon with D'Antoni as head coach, hopefully he's gone within the next year.

#42 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 07, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Very interesting....

Suddenly it's all becoming clear...

Dwight always played 4 out 1 in offense or an offense that allowed him to have a wide open lane to go to work in, obviously having Pau in the paint with him threw a wrench in that, so it makes sense why suddenly Pau was moved to the perimeter or was benched.  

Since both Pau AND D'antoni are echoing this, on top of Steve Nash thinking the offense will "flow smoother" without Dwight makes me wonder how much of a part he played in Pau being played out of position.

If Pau says that the reason he was benched was to please Dwight and make him "comfortable" then that answers a lot of questions, apparently that was meant to please Dwight.

Apparently the Lakers STOPPED that, during the second half of the season when Pau returned and was geting triple doubles and Dwight had no choice but to play with him in the post, and they both brought out the best in each other, but what that was was evidence going forward that they weren't gonna change their offense anymore for Dwight cause obviously they'd found something that worked better than what Dwight wanted.  

So with that in mind I'm guessing Dwight didn't want to do that, especially because Houston pretty much said they'd change their entire offense for him while the Lakers said that they found something that worked with Dwight and Pau to close the season and that they could be productive both in the post.   Obviously Dwight disagreed.  So he went to the team that was gonna continue to cater to his needs as opposed to one that would make him play an effective style but one that he didn't want.    I'm guessing he pretty much either wanted Pau gone or off the bench.  No wonder he was so happy when Pau started hitting 3s and playing at stretch 4 and so "upset" when Pau was in the paint with him.

All starting to make sense.

Glad he's gone.

It made sense to me a long time ago...like last December

lol

Edited by Lords of the Rings, August 07, 2013 - 11:29 AM.

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#43 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Pau is so professional. Always sacrificing himself for the team. Rarely did he complain, but when he did, he realized it and gave a more sound response (Ex: "Why should I complain about being benched when people here in Syria don't even receive food to eat or water to drink?") 

All the pampering for Dwight and he still left.

#44 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Nice to see Real Deal and L.A.K.E.R. speak the truth about MDA.

I thought this place was turning pro-MDA for awhile.

Posted Image

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 07, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Nice to see Real Deal and L.A.K.E.R. speak the truth about MDA.

I thought this place was turning pro-MDA for awhile.

Yep, so I hope if somehow next season we can give credit if successful and criticize justifiably if we're faltering.

If there will be no more of this "If we win, it's the players, if we lose it's D'antoni"

I don't like everything he did and feel like he could be fired if we don't succeed early on, but I won't be in denial if what he implements for us in camp works next season, if it's works I'll give credit but if it sucks I'll gladly say it.  World won't explode if I actually give credit to the players AND him. .. Hopefully..

But I have a feeling that if we're successful we're going to hear the praises of Rambis and our players and Phil's secret agent skills of coaching the team from Montana and when we lose it will be all because of D'antoni and the front office :) 

Edited by Majesty, August 07, 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#46 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 07, 2013 - 05:09 PM

But I have a feeling that if we're successful we're going to hear the praises of Rambis and our players and Phil's secret agent skills of coaching the team from Montana and when we lose it will be all because of D'antoni and the front office :) 

Reality is just reality

Pau Gasol is GONE

#47 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 05:16 PM

Reality is just reality

Reality is Pau is one of the most skilled big men to have ever played.

Posted Image

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 05:29 PM

infinity-times-infinity-o.gif

tumblr_mob58hwzxp1rnikqmo1_250.gif

#49 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 06:01 PM

When's the last time you've seen it?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 06:23 PM

The same time you did, in random games during the season every 10 to 20 games or so.

The best question is when's the last time we've seen it consistently :D

Edited by Majesty, August 07, 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#51 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,488 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 07, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Reality is none of that matters when he hasn't been a PRODUCTIVE one and hasnt had a big impact on games as a whole in over 2 years.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#52 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Reality is none of that matters when he hasn't been a PRODUCTIVE one and hasnt had a big impact on games as a whole in over 2 years.

Pau was one of the reasons they sneaked into the playoffs last season after Kobe went down. Heck, he even had a triple double in the playoffs. Pau will easily produce 16/10 this season.

#53 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,488 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 05:49 AM

He's also one of the reasons they were battling for a last spot as well.  Can't credit him helping them get the 7th seed when he sucked half the year when he played which played a part in them being the 9th or 10th team in the West for weeks

Pau was one of the reasons they sneaked into the playoffs last season after Kobe went down. Heck, he even had a triple double in the playoffs. Pau will easily produce 16/10 this season.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#54 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 07:16 AM

End of the season, had a couple trip dubs and put up huge numbers

Edited by Bynumite17, August 08, 2013 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image

#55 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,488 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 07:25 AM

Where was this during the season?  Most of those higher numbers in the playoffs came due to increased usage due to Kobe and Nash being injured.  I'd be more impressed if he could put up a trip dub with those other guys playing. 

#56 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 07:38 AM

Where was this during the season? Most of those higher numbers in the playoffs came due to increased usage due to Kobe and Nash being injured. I'd be more impressed if he could put up a trip dub with those other guys playing.

Look at the last several games in the season and playoffs

Posted Image

#57 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Handful of solid games in April

:yawn:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#58 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:18 AM

You can't say he had a bad season after what position MDA put him in honestly lol and the fact that he was injured half the season but okay he's still not as good as he once was. Thats a given.

Some of you guys or should i say critics are mad unfair though. Pau's probably gonna retire a Laker so y'all should deal with it lol.

Edited by Ham, August 08, 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#59 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:36 AM

You can't say he had a bad season after what position MDA put him in 

Phil Jackson

Mike Brown

Mike D'Antoni

It's all their fault

Pau Gasol is GONE

#60 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Phil Jackson

Mike Brown

Mike D'Antoni

It's all their fault

OK PJ it was his. Mike Brown and MDA have a role in Pau sucking major ass.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users