#41 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 05, 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm being objective.

What I am saying this that NY is a team with good pieces but they don't fit.

Amare is a truly untradeable contract for two more seasons. Chandler is a good player but he is aging and his value is limited in many ways due to offensive flaws. Melo  has had very little help in the playoffs the last two seasons. 

He would have killed for Kobe scoring 20 consistently, or Nash actually hitting his open jumpers , etc etc

But I don't really care to convince you. You have your opinion of what these players are currently worth and I have mine. The season will tell the tale.

#42 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,447 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 01:07 PM

lol at jody smokes and harry styles  :laughing:

knicks will be [expletive] for the next 5-10 years.

Aren't you quoted to having the dumbest comment in the history of this website? I believe it's in Jody's signature. Lakers won't be crap for 5 years if we keep trying to fulfill Kobe's needs. A moron like yourself could never understand much. Melo gets more money if he opts out and resigns, the opportunity to build his own team and is in the biggest market in the NBA. Who the hell wants to play with a 36 year old Kobe and 40 year old Nash? If D'Antoni stays, which he most likely will, Melo isn't coming. 

#43 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,447 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 01:09 PM

Amazing how the same guys are clowning Shump, Chandler, Barg, JR smith and Felton as a team are talking about a roster of Kaman, Nick Young of all people and Wes Johnson, Kobe and a gimpy Nash being competitive.  I love my Lakers but its ok to be objective and a fan at the same time except on messageboards

Amazing how the same guys are clowning Shump, Chandler, Barg, JR smith and Felton as a team are talking about a roster of Kaman, Nick Young of all people and Wes Johnson, Kobe and a gimpy Nash being competitive.  I love my Lakers but its ok to be objective and a fan at the same time except on messageboards

People like Ham don't know what being objective means. They need to take off the Lakers fanboy glasses and look at things from Melo's perspective. 

#44 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,083 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted August 05, 2013 - 01:13 PM

rather have Paul George... that's not gonna happen tho 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#45 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 05, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Me as well, PG is a better player overall player than Melo and will be much better once he gets better on the offensive end.  Wish we didnt have to worry about RFA

rather have Paul George... that's not gonna happen tho 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#46 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 02:09 PM

None of that speaks to the defensive issues a team with Pau, Melo at the 4, Kobe and Nash would have.  The Knicks don't have a bad fit, what they have is one severely overpaid player in Amare who they can't get rid of.  Show me where Chandler, Melo, MWP, Shump/Smith and Felton don't fit?  Show me where the overlap is?

I'll address this point one more time.  Melo is great at the 4 in that group of players because Chandler can hold down the paint and is a a decent to good offensive rebounder.  Shump can defend any position from the 1-3, Smith believe it or not is a solid defender and Felton is well a decent PG. 

LA is the team that would be even less of a fit.  Pau, Melo at the 4, Young/Johnson, Kobe, Nash would be a defensive trainwreck and when you move Melo to the 3 and bring in Kaman they suck just as bad if not worse.

I'm being objective.

What I am saying this that NY is a team with good pieces but they don't fit.

Amare is a truly untradeable contract for two more seasons. Chandler is a good player but he is aging and his value is limited in many ways due to offensive flaws. Melo  has had very little help in the playoffs the last two seasons. 

He would have killed for Kobe scoring 20 consistently, or Nash actually hitting his open jumpers , etc etc

But I don't really care to convince you. You have your opinion of what these players are currently worth and I have mine. The season will tell the tale.

Edited by Jody Smokes, August 05, 2013 - 02:09 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#47 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 02:11 PM

In the end the Knicks just aren't championship worthy b/c they dont have a good enough team to beat the Heat or Pacers.  Doesnt mean they are a bad team and I never once said they were contenders.  What I don't understand is how you can compare and contrast the Knicks to the current Lakers and act like this team is a Melo away from contending again.

We haven't came close to winning a ring in over 3 years.  This team is in the SAME boat as the Knicks if not worse. 

#48 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 05, 2013 - 02:17 PM

We have cap flexibility with Kobe and Pau's Bird Rights. Plus winning a title is the Only acceptable outcome for this fanbase.

#49 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 02:40 PM

What has fans acceptable outcome done for this team for the past 3 seasons? That fact means very very little if any to what happens on the court.  The Knicks will have flexibility in 2015 as well.  They have the same competitive advantage to get Rondo.  We can have all the flexibility possible but that requires a player believing in a rebuild.  How do you sell Melo on the 2015 FA class when he has that same option in NY?

Essentially if we don't swing 2 big time free agents in 2014 we have to sell 1 guy we may get on the 2015 class.  So at the end of the day you are asking a 30 year old player to wait a year so we can finally put this thing together but take a year less in secured paper and less annual raises on that salary as well...oh oh and live up to the expectations of what has become 50% delusional and unreasonable fans as well. 

We have cap flexibility with Kobe and Pau's Bird Rights. Plus winning a title is the Only acceptable outcome for this fanbase.

#50 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:23 PM

what I said was truth LOL what at you smoking? Do you even watch the games? Lebron hardly gets doubled because teams know they have wade, and bosh to think about as well. I have a feeling Harry styles and Jody Smokes are the same person

First all, you guys a doubting the Lakers organization. Why are you on this forum?

Second, if you don't want Melo, you're crazy

Third, Melo has no chance at a ring in his current place. I'm guessing you idiots believe he doesn't care for rings. If you really thing money matters because of that extra year you obviously were not present during this offseason. They will probably have an eto anyway. And btw this is LA. A place where almost every big free agent thinks about going. In Melo's perspective, he has no view of a championship

Sit down children

This.

I will support anything that brings us back on top. that includes going for the top signing no matter what.

Btw someone needs to do something about these double posts

Edited by Ham, August 05, 2013 - 03:42 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#51 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,231 posts
  • Name:Matt

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:32 PM

what I said was truth LOL what at you smoking? Do you even watch the games? Lebron hardly gets doubled because teams know they have wade, and bosh to think about as well. I have a feeling Harry styles and Jody Smokes are the same person

First all, you guys a doubting the Lakers organization. Why are you on this forum?

Second, if you don't want Melo, you're crazy

Third, Melo has no chance at a ring in his current place. I'm guessing you idiots believe he doesn't care for rings. If you really thing money matters because of that extra year you obviously were present during this offseason.

Sit down children

This.

I will support anything that brings us back on top. that includes going for the top signing no matter what.

Btw someone needs to do something about these double posts

It's all about price and circumstance.

Melo as the #1 option isn't winning you [expletive]. This has been proven time and time again.

I don't want Melo because you know that a max deal is going to come along with him, and he's not worth a max deal.

#52 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,640 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Last time I checked Dr Buss was dead and Lakers havent actually made the best of decisions the last few years either. 

This off-season what they did with the vets minimum and one mMLE is pretty impressive.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#53 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:38 PM

It's all about price and circumstance.

Melo as the #1 option isn't winning you [expletive]. This has been proven time and time again.

I don't want Melo because you know that a max deal is going to come along with him, and he's not worth a max deal.

We have flexibility for more than Melo. It's all about the full team. Kobe and Melo is a good start. Considering we have 2 max contracts and a first round pick, I'm not worrying about [expletive].

I'm tired of all these damn doubters. We're the freaking Lakers. That is something those two lovebirds Harry Styles and Jody Smokes do not understand.

We've always come back stronger.

• 40,395 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:47 PM

Aren't you quoted to having the dumbest comment in the history of this website? A moron like yourself could never understand much.

203573270.jpg

yo.

#55 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Gunsmith Cats

• 8,454 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:52 PM

I like this thread. 

It's a juicy one.

MMiRi9s.png

#56 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:53 PM

I like this thread. 

It's a juicy one.

I'm enjoying this

#57 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 05, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Whoever wouldnt want melo is a idiot

• 40,395 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Whoever wouldnt want melo is an idiot

Fixed, but yeah.

yo.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,640 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 05, 2013 - 04:26 PM

Sure I'd love one of the best scorers in the NBA playing off ball to Kobe but that's just me.. =p

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#60 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,311 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted August 05, 2013 - 04:28 PM

Melo stay the [expletive] away from my team

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users