280 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 05, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Actually it does.  Kobe will be 36, Nash 40 if he's even on the roster and no big time free agents or any players better than the current Knicks role players on the market in 2014 after Lebron.  Chandler, Melo, MWP, Shumpert, Felton, Smith off the bench, is a much better roster than what we have to offer or potentially have to offer if they cannot land Lebron. 

Yea the team that overpaid for a run down Amare' and just brought in bargnani certainly looks more attractive then a roster that will basically just have Kobe next year. The Knicks are terrible at baskatball operations and bringing in players they actually need and will help a team win.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

Rookie

• 388 posts
  • Name:Justin Timberlake fanboy
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Actually it does.  Kobe will be 36, Nash 40 if he's even on the roster and no big time free agents or any players better than the current Knicks role players on the market in 2014 after Lebron.  Chandler, Melo, MWP, Shumpert, Felton, Smith off the bench, is a much better roster than what we have to offer or potentially have to offer if they cannot land Lebron. 

Thank you. The people on this site know NOTHING about basketball. They're Lakers fans before they're basketball fans. They can't look at anything from the perspective of other teams. How would a 36 year old Kobe and 40 year old Nash be any better than what Melo has now? It wouldn't, that's how. 

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 05, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Pau or Chandler,Melo is himself,

MWP,Shumpert and Smith or

Kobe, Nick Young and WesJohnson?

Felton and Pablo or nash and Blake and farmar?

Bargnani,Amare and Kenyon or Hill and Kaman?

Dolan or the Busses?

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:39 AM

I absolutely hate when you do compare and contrasts like this.  The irony in your name man lmao.  Chandler with Melo is a better combo for building a team than Pau and Melo.  We won't go over that reasoning again.  Outside of Kobe the rest of those comparisons aren't favorable to the Lakers.

Felton/Prigi are a better than Nash/Blake right now

Wes Johnson/Nick young vs Smith and Shump?  You must be kidding

KMart is better than Hill

Kaman hasnt been a beast in 3-4 years and has never been a healthy player...

Pau or Chandler,Melo is himself,

MWP,Shumpert and Smith or

Kobe, Nick Young and WesJohnson?

Felton and Pablo or nash and Blake and farmar?

Bargnani,Amare and Kenyon or Hill and Kaman?

Dolan or the Busses?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:40 AM

BasketballIQ doesnt know anything about how to match abilities and fit guys together as a unit.  NY is just a better roster...not that hard to comprehend

#26 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,724 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Why don't we just stop speculating and going crazy over every article someone puts out? It's a year away.

#27 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:43 AM

I'm fully confident that Melo will be a Laker come July 2014

Knicks are a mess...competition around them has gotten better and they haven't

Tyson/ Bargs
Amare/MWP
Melo
Shumpert/JR Smith
Felton/Prigioni

Lol yea this team isnt very good

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:43 AM

Last time I checked Dr Buss was dead and Lakers havent actually made the best of decisions the last few years either.  They hired MDA when Phil was wanting the job, traded LO for pennies and did nothing to get rid of Pau when they had the chance to.  They may not suck like Dolan but thats for Melo to believe in and if I'm a player I'd question the direction of a franchise that would hire Mike Brown over a guy that could run the system they won rings on and then turn around and fire said guy for another guy over the the original man that coached them to 5 rings. 

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Lakers aren't a mess? Just asking for a friend

I'm fully confident that Melo will be a Laker come July 2014

Knicks are a mess...competition around them has gotten better and they haven't

Tyson/ Bargs
Amare/MWP
Melo
Shumpert/JR Smith
Felton/Prigioni

Lol yea this team isnt very good

#30 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,603 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Lakers as built right now look better than NYK. Plus even with all the Jim Buss criticism, I'd still put his operations over those run at MSG, plus we still have Kupchak. Not saying Melo is leaving to come here, but our roster while subpar will still achieve near if not slightly over .500. We have no expectations, while the NY roster, while I do think Felton and especially Shumpert are good central pieces, don't see how people are saying their roster is vastly superior. I don't think much of Chandler, especially, Stoudemire, Smith has issues.

Our roster without Kobe would outperform their roster, without Melo.

I can understand they are a better team, but because they have Melo. If you were to ask Melo, you think he would honestly say he was with a contender, not even an East contender.

Edited by Ven, August 05, 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#31 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Lakers aren't a mess? Just asking for a friend

This has nothing to do with the Lakers and everything to do with the Knicks. He'll be so sick of playing with Amare with the Knicks not going anywhere he'll join the Lakers

2014 draft pick + Kobe + capspace to be the face of the Lakers franchise for next 3-5 years aint a bad option in comparison to the incompetent Knicks

Edited by MDI, August 05, 2013 - 10:48 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#32 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,102 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:48 AM

I love how JodySmokes states that the Knicks have a better roster and name Melo, Amare, JR Smith, Chandler, Felton, and Iman together talking as if thats such a great team.  Last time I checked thats been the roster for about two years now with Chandler in his prime, Felton near his, and JR Smith with his best career numbers ever yet that team has still not made the eastern conference finals once yet hahaha. Melo will be a Laker in 2014 believe it or not.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Same guys get on this board and cry about MDA, cry about why Phil wasnt hired, flamed Dwight all year, and countless other things but think players and agents don't have the same apprehensions about coming to the Lakers?

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Same guys get on this board and cry about MDA, cry about why Phil wasnt hired, flamed Dwight all year, and countless other things but think players and agents don't have the same apprehensions about coming to the Lakers?

What are Melo's options would you mind listing them?

Tell me how Lakers aren't the best option?

The elite teams like Miami/San Antonio/Indiana/Memphis are capped out they dont have $ to offer

The teams on the cusp of being elite like Brooklyn/Golden State/Houston already have starting small forwards and dont have $ to offer

The marquis teams who have $ to offer, have an All star and 2014 draft pick are Boston, Lakers and Dallas...Melo hates Boston, Dallas is a boring city, Lakers have Kobe, tons of capspace, a history of winning

Lakers aren't the perfect destination but they are the best destination for Melo

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 05, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Amare and Barg have been the least productive players in regards to their contract since Rashard Lewis and Arenas.

Shump is kinda a hybrid 1/2 who is up and down.

Not to say Wes and Nick aren't inconsistent but, Shump and Smith  aren't great.

Then you say Pablo and Ray are for sure better than nash and Blake and Farmar....That's totally debatable and I like Ray Felton.

That team didn't fit that great in the playoffs.

amare and Melo don't fit whatever. Chandler is a liability on offense at times. A lot of injury risks and a low IQ team.

#36 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,417 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2013 - 11:13 AM

lol at jody smokes and harry styles  :laughing:

knicks will be [expletive] for the next 5-10 years.

Edited by Ham, August 05, 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#37 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Kobe isnt going to be around for another 3-5 and if Melo is already letting it be known his window is closing the last thing he is going to do is jump ship to a team with aging players.  Regardless if Dolan is an idiot it doesnt change the fact that the Knicks right now are the better option.  2014 draft pick is very dependent on LA being really bad.  Guys are talking getting 7th seeds but that translates into a guy that probably won't be an all star talent.  Melo isnt coming to LA to ball with a rookie that needs 3-4 years to be a great player and a 36 year old Kobe. 

This has nothing to do with the Lakers and everything to do with the Knicks. He'll be so sick of playing with Amare with the Knicks not going anywhere he'll join the Lakers

2014 draft pick + Kobe + capspace to be the face of the Lakers franchise for next 3-5 years aint a bad option in comparison to the incompetent Knicks

#38 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 05, 2013 - 12:24 PM

It's all about what Lala wants really.  Even though she's from NYC, I heard she loves the beaches and shopping here. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Show me where I said they were a great team...in fact if you actually read my posts I said they weren't real contenders, but neither is LA for the foreseeable future. 

I love how JodySmokes states that the Knicks have a better roster and name Melo, Amare, JR Smith, Chandler, Felton, and Iman together talking as if thats such a great team.  Last time I checked thats been the roster for about two years now with Chandler in his prime, Felton near his, and JR Smith with his best career numbers ever yet that team has still not made the eastern conference finals once yet hahaha. Melo will be a Laker in 2014 believe it or not.

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,899 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 12:28 PM

Amazing how the same guys are clowning Shump, Chandler, Barg, JR smith and Felton as a team are talking about a roster of Kaman, Nick Young of all people and Wes Johnson, Kobe and a gimpy Nash being competitive.  I love my Lakers but its ok to be objective and a fan at the same time except on messageboards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users