#221 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,195 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:15 PM

I dont think he's bouncing. Now if he opts out and wants more money, maybe New York will say no, but he's staying put. Just my two cents
Posted Image

#222 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,113 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:44 PM

All pr! What else is he supposed to say?

#223 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,737 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:45 PM

All pr! What else is he supposed to say?

He's supposed to say "When the Knicks fail this year cause they went for Bargnani instead of Rondo and still refuse to amnesty Amar'e when I'm in Purple and Gold next year you won't wonder why."

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#224 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,113 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Melo next year? Rondo and love in 2015? Lol pipe dream

#225 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 12, 2013 - 04:46 PM

They used their amnesty on Chauncey, and they had no way of getting Rondo via trade.  If Rondo could have been received for anything the Knicks could offer about 4-5 other teams would have him right now.

He's supposed to say "When the Knicks fail this year cause they went for Bargnani instead of Rondo and still refuse to amnesty Amar'e when I'm in Purple and Gold next year you won't wonder why."

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#226 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,737 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 05:10 PM

They used their amnesty on Chauncey, and they had no way of getting Rondo via trade.  If Rondo could have been received for anything the Knicks could offer about 4-5 other teams would have him right now.

Sucks for them then doesn't it ;)

#227 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,547 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 12, 2013 - 05:54 PM

We've broken that pipe many times before. I'm not counting on it though.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#228 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,113 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think the rebuild will be a bit slower this time around. All good tho. I'll appreciate Kobe's last years! See what franchise players we can acquire in the coming years.

#229 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,195 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just when folks say No... Mitch pulls an OH HELL YES... Stone Cold Style
Posted Image

#230 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 467 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Knick will fail. They didn't improve that much at all comparing to Pacers and Nets. Then Bulls have Rose back so I would put them above the Knicks. 

If Lakers manage to get Melo next year with Pau not declining by much then Lakers can be a contender again for the next 2-3 years until Pau, Nash, and Kobe all start declining.

#231 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,737 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Knick will fail. They didn't improve that much at all comparing to Pacers and Nets. Then Bulls have Rose back so I would put them above the Knicks. 

If Lakers manage to get Melo next year with Pau not declining by much then Lakers can be a contender again for the next 2-3 years until Pau, Nash, and Kobe all start declining.

Pau's job could be made very easy with Melo and Kobe off ball and no other center crowding the paint.

case in point if Melo is on the team, teams can no longer double team Kobe.  That's the most dangerous prospect.

Edited by Majesty, September 12, 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#232 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,654 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Still doesnt solve the defensive issues.  Actually that team would be worst off then this upcoming year's team defensively

Pau's job could be made very easy with Melo and Kobe off ball and no other center crowding the paint.

case in point if Melo is on the team, teams can no longer double team Kobe.  That's the most dangerous prospect.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#233 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,654 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think you have to go one or the other.  Going in on Melo leaves no room to get those 2 in 2015 especially if you consider bringing Kobe and Pau back. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, September 12, 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#234 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,113 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:25 PM

That's true. If you have to choose. You go for love and rondo.

#235 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,547 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:28 PM

I think you have to go one or the other. Going in on Melo leaves no room to get those 2 in 2015 especially if you consider bringing Kobe and Pau back.

Melo and Love/Rondo or Love and Rondo... lol

#236 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,737 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Still doesnt solve the defensive issues.  Actually that team would be worst off then this upcoming year's team defensively

Getting better shots does help defensive issues when neither Kobe nor Carmelo have to force their shots over doubles :smh: 

If you have two of the best three scorers in this league on one team and either is getting wide open shots it does get you better shots as a team in general which allows your defense to get set on the other side.

The thought of "not getting Carmelo" because you think that the combination of him and Kobe would make the Lakers the worst defensive team than this year is silly.  It really is.

Kobe or Carmelo getting wide open shots, being unable to double Pau in the post or Kobe or Carmelo at the wing.     That kind of thing really helps when it comes to defense cause it allows you to get set and stops teams from running on you so much off of missed shots.

You also have two guys capable of going off for 30-40 on a given night so there's that as well.

If you have the chance to get Carmelo and pair him with Kobe you do it.

Not getting him cause you think his defense is gonna single handedly kill the team defensively is not a good notion to go by.

It ain't gonna be worse than if Young was starting the 3 or if Johnson was.  The difference is that Carmelo can go off for 30. 

Nice trade off that outweighs his defensive efforts or lack there of at times.   It's not like getting Bargnani, it's getting Carmelo Anthony.  There are 3 of the best scorers in this league.

The three best scorers in this league are Durant. Kobe and Carmelo.    Having two on the same team and being UNABLE to double either of them is a scary prospect to have to defend against.  

Carmelo at the four isn't gonna change our dynamic so darn much that it's gonna ruin us singlehandedly as a team defensively.   Not to the extent that you wouldn't sign him.

And before you make any statement about how Carmelo and Kobe could have trouble playing together, or any subtle dig at Kobe that you like to make, I'll remind you that Kobe and Carmelo already formulated how they'd play together and know they can. 

Kobe said as far back as 4 years ago that he would use Carmelo as a 4 if they were on the same thing, this is something the Knicks still don't get to this day.

Kobe knows how to use Carmelo, and Carmelo doesn't have any issues with it cause it nets him easy shots and takes the burden of having to make it happen for everyone else off of him.

Carmelo would be exactly what he should be, the deadliest off ball scorer in the NBA.    Carmelo Anthony getting wide open shots all night courtesy of Kobe Bryant or any poor soul that decides to double him is where Carmelo would be at his most effective, and 'needing' to make the offense happen would be minimal compared to as much as he has to do it now.

That's why I said I'd only want Carmelo if Kobe was still here and healthy because him being here changes that whole dynamic.

And I'm sorry but Melo's defense isn't so terrible that I wouldn't bring him to be pair with Kobe.   Not  for one second.

#237 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,088 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:53 PM

My only question is: Who's the coach???

Pau Gasol is GONE

#238 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,547 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:53 PM

And I'm sorry but Melo's defense isn't so terrible that I wouldn't bring him to be pair with Kobe.   Not  for one second.

he'll be gone

Edited by Ham, September 12, 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#239 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,654 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Im going to ignore most of what you posted and just ask if given the chance do you go after Melo or do you have another frugal year and go after Love and Rondo?

#240 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,654 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Not really any way we could entertain who it would be.  MDA is the guy so far and not much seems to show that it will change.  I'm all for a new guy with a new philosophy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users