9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 04, 2013 - 09:45 AM

For the love of God please Lakers see what Dallas has become...look at Cuban acknowledging how the league has wised up. We should too. Use more analytics. Make use of draft picks...since this is at throwaway season pump up trade value of guys like Nash, Blake and then use them as trade assets. Every roster spot/player should be considered as an asset that can be cashed in later for a pick or some compensation we use to rebuild the roster. (Kobe untouchable)

I hope we dont become Dallas, they have a competitive owner, a championship coach, an All Star in Dirk, no state taxes and 2 years in a row they've struck out on marquis free agents. Times have changed. History means nothing. Build a roster that is appealing.

Edited by MDI, August 04, 2013 - 09:51 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted August 04, 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hah the video says Dwight has effort and commitment and a burning desire to win, pretty much exactly opposite of what he's like.

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,980 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted August 04, 2013 - 10:23 AM

Dwight wants to be "Epic" huh? Well he's already gets a Epic Bill from his 6 Baby Mamas every month

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#5 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,348 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hah the video says Dwight has effort and commitment and a burning desire to win, pretty much exactly opposite of what he's like.

Lol, Dwight enjoys being pampered. 

If he saw this video, he would have joined the Mavs in a heartbeat. :P

Edited by Clutch Factor, August 04, 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#6 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 11:04 AM

For the love of God please Lakers see what Dallas has become...look at Cuban acknowledging how the league has wised up. We should too. Use more analytics. Make use of draft picks...since this is at throwaway season pump up trade value of guys like Nash, Blake and then use them as trade assets. Every roster spot/player should be considered as an asset that can be cashed in later for a pick or some compensation we use to rebuild the roster. (Kobe untouchable)

I hope we dont become Dallas, they have a competitive owner, a championship coach, an All Star in Dirk, no state taxes and 2 years in a row they've struck out on marquis free agents. Times have changed. History means nothing. Build a roster that is appealing.

Finally someone that understands me!

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#7 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 04, 2013 - 12:28 PM

You guys act as if pumping up the value of a 39 year old Nash with a 10 million dollar contract and an aging Steve Blake who is yet to prove consistency throughout a season is easy to turn for a solid draft pick hahahahahahahaha.  Yes I agree that any player and roster spot can be an asset and key trading pieces but with the core we have it's not easy even if they put up their best career numbers this year guys like Blake and Nash have little value in today's market.  Jordan Hill, possibly Nick Young, and Wes Johnson are the only guys I could see gaining popularity and want if they had breakout seasons.  Although if they did, I would rather have the Lakers keep them than trade for a pick that may not be as useful.

Edited by lakers1o1, August 04, 2013 - 12:32 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#8 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Now I know why he's not a Maverick lol

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 04, 2013 - 02:08 PM

Pff they didn't even put a single billboard into the entire video. 

• 40,395 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Couldn't agree more with this comment:

I wish to thank you for this entertaining blog only you as an NBA owner has the balls to produce.

Love him or hate him or be neutral, this is refreshing to see.

yo.

#11 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,448 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 04, 2013 - 02:42 PM

What are you talking about? The only time Dwight didn't show effort and a commitment to winning was when he was in LA. The guy put up 22 and 20 his last game of the season for the Magic with a severely herniated disc in his back. Will people grow up and move on. Insulting him makes you no less immature than he "supposedly" is. 

Edited by Harry Styles, August 04, 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#12 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,767 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted August 04, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Dwight=BUM

#13 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted August 05, 2013 - 06:59 PM

What are you talking about? The only time Dwight didn't show effort and a commitment to winning was when he was in LA. The guy put up 22 and 20 his last game of the season for the Magic with a severely herniated disc in his back. Will people grow up and move on. Insulting him makes you no less immature than he "supposedly" is. 

Yep he's so mature which is exactly why he has about 8 kids with 8 different women, really a committed guy huh. Just face it, he left LA because he wasn't man enough to take the pressure and scrutiny, he wants to be liked and pampered, and doesn't want to take responsibility for mistakes or struggles. In other words, he wants to win, but doesn't want to go through hardships to get there.

Edited by SDLakersfan24, August 05, 2013 - 07:04 PM.

• 40,395 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 09:43 PM

yo.

#15 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,395 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 06, 2013 - 10:47 AM

http://blogmaverick....talk-mavs-mffl/

Scroll down.

:laughing:

Seriously....wtf did I just see. It was a advertisement aimed at a demographic of 1.

As a Lakers fan I was embarrassed by the stupid Stay Dwight sign on the side of Staples.

But this video dwarfs anything LA did that may have been seen unnecessary and desperate.

However it was a smart play putting the "sales pitch" for D12 to join tha Mavs in the form of a childs cartoon because that may be D12's comprehension level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users