• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yahoo Contributor Network. I've learned to run away from those articles like the plague. They're not even written by professional journalists. Just a bunch of know-it-all fans.

Posted Image

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Just a bunch of know-it-all fans.

Or not in this case and besides, there's only one Mr.KnowItAll and he's a poster here.

yo.

#23 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yahoo Sports, because all their articles on any subject for that matter are journalistic greats and typo proof....

#24 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:36 PM

eehhh....at this moment in time Harden is better. Kobe must come back from the injury thats killed so many careers and prove hes still the best. 

But of course Harden will never EVER be the player KB has been.

But if were talking about the NOW......well, it is what it is. We cant be homers and say the guy on the bench rehabbing is better than Harden. Thats like saying Drew was a better center than Marc Gasol when Drew was sitting on the bench for 40+ games.

Objectivity has no place on this forum, GA.  

To think that Harden could barely do what Kobe did pre-injury at age 34 last year is amazing.  But father time catches all of us.  How good will a prime Harden be?  Hard to say but also hard to believe that he will eclipse Kobe.

Debbie Downer

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:42 PM

Of course I would take Harden right now over Kobe IF we're talking building for the future and long-term, but for right now currently in a win-now mentality, I still take Kobe cause he's a proven 5-TIME champion, who I would trust so much more as he's proven to be clutch an abundance of times throughout his illustrious career. Stats & what not may be comparable or similar in some ways, but Kobe's still got those hard-to-match intangibles that still separates him even at his age.

yo.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,571 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 02, 2013 - 01:47 PM

Of course I would take Harden right now over Kobe IF we're talking building for the future and long-term, but for right now currently in a win-now mentality, I still take Kobe cause he's a proven 5-TIME champion, who I would trust so much more as he's proven to be clutch an abundance of times throughout his illustrious career. Stats & what not may be comparable or similar in some ways, but Kobe's still got those hard-to-match intangibles that still separates him even at his age.

Kobe is a 5 time Champion while Harden still seems to shrink in big game scenario's without Durant or Westbrook getting him wide open shots =p  

What was he shooting in the playoffs against the Thunder before his one good game?

Oh yeah aside from the one good game he had in the playoffs last year he shot

35% from the field and 19% from three.  

THAT guy?  I wouldn't trust to lead a team anywhere.

Everyone says that the Finals against Miami was just a bad series for him.

Well what was the first round against the Thunder then?  35% from the field and 19% from the three averaging 5.5 turnovers as well.

This guy ain't a big moment playoff player unless he has Westbrook or Durant getting him wide open shots, but ask him to carry your team in the playoffs and you get 35% from the field and 19% from three.

It's amazing how NO ONE is talking about how terrible he was in the playoffs.  

If Westbrook didn't go down, Rockets would have been swept and this discussion wouldn't even be happening.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,821 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 02, 2013 - 01:55 PM

Opened link, saw it was a fan article, closed window.

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 01:58 PM

^ This must've been you.

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

yo.

#29 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,821 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:03 PM

More like:

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and

• 40,431 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Lmao, that extreme huh? :laughing:

yo.

#31 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:07 PM

If Harden was on the Lakers last year do you think they would have won 45 games? 

End of discussion. 

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:19 PM

If Harden was on the Lakers last year do you think they would have won 45 games? 

End of discussion. 

The guy that choked against the Heat and then in the first round against OKC shot 35% from the field and 19% from the three averaging 5.5 turnovers as well under pressure? 

No I don't think we'd have won 40 with that guy :laughing:   Or if we did he'd have had just as much of an impact as Kobe did watching from the back :)

#33 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:25 PM

The guy that choked against the Heat and then in the first round against OKC shot 35% from the field and 19% from the three averaging 5.5 turnovers as well under pressure? 

No I don't think we'd have won 40 with that guy :laughing:   Or if we did he'd have had just as much of an impact as Kobe did watching from the back :)

The clown that left us last month disagrees with you.

I can't wait to watch them not get along and fall apart.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:30 PM

The clown that left us last month disagrees with you.

I can't wait to watch them not get along and fall apart.

I'm pretty sure Dwight is gonna run all pick and roll on that team next year which he refused to do with us, that team basically runs D'antoni's offense so I'm sure he'll buy in just fine specifically because he wants to be there. 

#35 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,116 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:33 PM

I think Harden is going to great for a number of years but at 23 Kobe was already a better all around player than him right now outside of his 3pt shooting.  Then he's also stuck with Dwight.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:35 PM

I think Harden is going to great for a number of years but at 23 Kobe was already a better all around player than him right now outside of his 3pt shooting.  Then he's also stuck with Dwight.

Yep the fact that at 23 he can't do better than Kobe at 34 shows how different of a wavelength Kobe has been and still is on than him.

#37 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:36 PM

He is a better player than Kobe right now but a better jump shooter than Kobe....   :laughing:   :laughing: please.

^ BUT BUT STATISTICS!!!

Haha, I think I know who this is about.  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#38 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,116 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:37 PM

It's a dumb debate to begin with.  Sure Harden is better but for what? Starting a team in 2013? Sure.  An important game or series? Not so sure. 

Yep the fact that at 23 he can't do better than Kobe at 34 shows how different of a wavelength Kobe has been and still is on than him.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,571 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:44 PM

It's a dumb debate to begin with.  Sure Harden is better but for what? Starting a team in 2013? Sure.  An important game or series? Not so sure. 

Glad we can agree in some threads and out and out disagree in others and still be unbiased to the points we make on different subjects and not be afraid to agree or to disagree :D +1

Edited by Majesty, August 02, 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,116 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm never afraid to agree to disagree.  Problem is you get these flamers that don't want to properly debate and talk ish all through the threads.  Respect to you though sir. 

Glad we can agree in some threads and out and out disagree in others and still be unbiased to the points we make on different subjects and not be afraid to agree or to disagree :D +1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users