Photo

Controversy Over 'Asian Girlz,' The Most Racist Song In Recent Memory (WARNING: Explicit Language In Video)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 02, 2013 - 05:22 PM

I wouldn't take it so seriously either. Girl can get it

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#22 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,795 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:19 PM

according to the description it looks like they're taking the video down

DAG's STATEMENT

This video is intended to be a satirical, provocative, absurd, & even silly work of art. The lyrics, story, and visuals are so completely over-the-top and ridiculous that we thought it'd be impossible to miss the point.

But some very vocal groups, especially the blog, "Angry Asian Man," attacked it right out of the gate very aggressively. Their fury was soon amplified by the blog/news cycle. Shortly after, the views and craziness began climbing by the second.

Angry Asian Man, to you we say - all's fair so well done! We salute you. Seriously. No satire intended this time.

So due to the overwhelming misunderstanding of this video & the anger it has incited - especially the bizarre and horrible personal attacks on actress Levy Tran - we're pulling the video down within the next 48 hours.

But we'll leave it up until then to give anyone who cares a chance to see for themselves what it's really about before it disappears from our channel and website forever.
So just step back, take a breath, and relax.

We thank those who've watched the video & understood it in the spirit it was intended. We loved your thoughtful comments. You are heroic souls, indeed. We will be posting some of your comments (along with the funnier negative ones) on our website. Here are just a few of the hundreds that caught our eye...

mishisoup 58 minutes ago
: I think the video is amusing (and really weirrrd, haha). My view as a 26 year old Asian American woman is that I'm not offended because I know the difference between someone seriously trying to be demeaning and someone who's joking around. This is obviously the latter. The age thing was funny. Com'on guys, relax.

LordAkaneon 9 minutes ago: 
Day Above Ground = a fake band created by the NSA so that you don't notice that Edward Snowden was granted Asylum in Russia

Bob Smith 3 minutes ago: How does it perpetuate ignorance? The band is intentionally being ignorant. They're ridiculing ignorance. They're also getting a laugh at the expense of white men who are made small and caged by their affection for Asian women. They're making fun of white guys who only see the most basic stereotypes and who are the most basic stereotypes

18dot7 9 minutes ago: 
i dont get all the yellers ... they only cater to the cliches already sunk in most westeners mind ... from what i get, they are exposing the stereotype thinking of most people ... and it looks to me as if they hit the nail to the head ... MOST think its racist - and THAT is prolly what they intended ... think thrice ...

We think it's a shame that a music video aimed at entertaining was shouted down. But, as the curse goes, we live in "interesting times."

"It's only Rock n' Roll. (But I like it.)" - The Rolling Stones

"Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable." - Banksy

13z8pc6.jpg

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,853 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 05, 2013 - 05:06 AM

statement from Ms Levy Tran again

628e365efbcc11e2996322000a9f1313_7.jpg

levytran_fitness

To anyone who is willing to listen: I am truly and deeply sorry for my actions pertaining to the video. I meant no disrespect and it was not my intention to offend anyone. And being an adult, I accept full responsibility. And to all those whom I have let down, I am so so sorry.

Feel terrible for her, hope things shall be ok and her career recovers.

Edited by Majesty, August 05, 2013 - 05:07 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,365 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 02:17 PM

^ I think it will. She's too beautiful & talented for it not to. It'd be a real shame.

yo.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,853 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 05, 2013 - 03:08 PM

^ I think it will. She's too beautiful & talented for it not to. It'd be a real shame.

have you gone to her youtube page? She posts nothing but positive things or motivating things or something funny, when it comes to fitness.     Yet people who posted there before saying how nice she was etc are now overtaken by people posting stupid comments about how much of a whore she is and a disgrace to her race...  and if anyone defends her the people comment saying the supporters must be from the KKK -_-  people are stupid

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,310 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 06, 2013 - 06:44 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYT0NbX9gVU#at=198

Come on sit on my lap (right here baby)
Or we’ll send you back

I dont know for sure but I think its a joke song. Either way who gaf? People need to lighten up.

Remember the movie White Girls that made fun of every typical white girl stereo type. And nobody gave a damn cuzz it was funny.

The difference is the movie was released as a comedy so people knew. I dont know how this was released or why. And dont really care much. The world will keep spinning regardless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users