Photo

Eagles WR Riley Cooper: “I’ll Fight Every N**ger in Here”; Vick Puts Out A $1K Bounty; Several Teammates Deeply Upset; Wilbon BLASTS Roger Goodell

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:15 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...cial-slur-video

http://blacksportson...er-in-his-life/

Vick Puts Out a $1k Bounty on Riley Cooper

Marcus-Vick.jpg

Marcus-Vick-2.jpg

Sam Farmer          @LATimesfarmer

Michael Vick on disagreeing with his brother's bounty on Cooper: "My brother has to not show a certain level of ignorance himself."

Fans & people reacting:

_http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1qdIZuww8AE
_http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aLDFYlMkY3Q

Edited by    , August 02, 2013 - 12:51 PM.

yo.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 01, 2013 - 06:53 AM

Gonna be a tough locker room environment for him

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 12:23 PM

LeSean McCoy On Riley Cooper: “I Can’t Respect A Guy Like That”

Albert Breer         @AlbertBreer

LeSean McCoy told me what hurts about Cooper's remarks is "losing a friend." I asked him what that meant, "I can't respect a guy like that."

11:28 AM - 1 Aug 2013

>>

Reuben Frank         @RoobCSN

Shady on Riley: “I’m thinking like, I think I know him very well and then you do something like that, when you don’t think no cameras are...

11:54 AM - 1 Aug 2013
from Philadelphia, PA, United States

Reuben Frank         @RoobCSN

"around, you don’t think nobody’s around, everything is in closed doors, you show who you really are....

11:54 AM - 1 Aug 2013

LeSean-Mccoy-riley-cooper-no-respect.jpg
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Edited by    , August 01, 2013 - 06:59 PM.

yo.

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Am I the only white guy in the world who thinks this guy should be kicked out of the NFL?

He not only said [expletive]er he said it aggressively and violently like a 1905 Klan member would.

There's no place for racism is pro sports. Actually there's no place in racism in society. Not to get political but blood lines of all nationalities have fought and died together in wars against evil so we can live in a nation free bigotry.

If a black dude would have said the same thing about "blue eyed devils" I would want him out of the league. Same thing when a white guy says [expletive]er.

Its not as if he said "yo what's good [expletive]". And then the media made a huge thing about it. And its not like he's a 60-70 year old white woman who admitted innocently she used the same word 30+ years ago and lost her book deal, merch deal and TV show in result (Paula Deen).

This guy is now....in pro sports....saying [expletive]er in a violent manner. There's no excuse. He should be banned.

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 01, 2013 - 01:57 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:54 PM

^ I'm completely on your side on this. It wasn't just that he said the word, but the manner in how he said it that made it so much worse. Plus the drunk excuse doesn't exactly help him here since there are many who truly believe the notion that one's real self comes out when they're drunk.

yo.

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2013 - 06:56 PM

definitely the way in which he said it...its not like he was rapping along with a song, or saying it to friends in a friendly manner as GA pointed out...that was malicious 

Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Plus you have to consider the environment he was in as well. Being at a country concert around mostly white folks like himself he probably felt even more comfortable thinking he could let that out & didn't really think or imagine he could get caught like this & exposed, but too often, people in general not just athletes, seem to still forget that we live in a different time where everyone's basically got a camera on them with their cell phone.

yo.

#8 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Fight me! :boxing:

#9 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,225 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:10 AM

what a bizzare story...

shouldn't someone just bash his face in, then they high five, and get over it?

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:36 AM

Imagine him running routes across the middle of the field this season...ouch

Pau Gasol is GONE

#11 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:52 AM

All I have to say is.... Drunken words are sober thoughts 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 11:07 AM

I don't even think the Eagles would've really wanted to do this move if it weren't for so much pressure from the public and media. They probably would've preferred to somewhat ignore this and keep him simply because they already lost JM from a team competing standpoint.

Report: Riley Cooper Excused From all Team Activities to Seek Counseling

I really dont understand how the media is really drawling out the Riley Cooper thing. I know it is a touchy subject but he just got a leave of absence from eagles TC and is now seeking counseling, what? Dude had a slip of the tongue I dont think it is that big of a deal. Hell I will be his counselor for a few grand,

Slip of the tongue? Boy you're really giving him the benefit of the doubt aren't you? Don't you understand that he didn't just say the word randomly with nothing following up? Even then it would've been completely unacceptable, but in this case, the manner in which he said it was with anger and the fact that he said it in an environment where there were mostly white folks such as himself means he felt he was in a comfortable enough place for him that he thought he could get away with it.

He may or may not be sincerely sorry, but either way, it's gonna' take a lot of time I'm sure for a lot of those guys in that locker room to see him in a good light and completely forget this. Some might not ever see him the same despite even trying.

Edited by    , August 02, 2013 - 12:27 PM.

yo.

#13 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 02, 2013 - 11:20 AM

Counseling....LMAO.

Where the hell are they gonna send him Racists Anonymous.

Hello...my name is Riley; and I am a Racist

:clap2:

4 weeks later he's cured of his racist condition and all is forgiven and forgotten.

GTFOH!

Ban the guy and show the world ZERO Tolerance means ZERO. Not Zero+1 warning if you have a cheesy Jerry Springer show excuse of being drunk.

If the dude worked at McDonald s and said that he'd be fired. You cant get protection for saying that at Mc'Ds.
Why can a NFL player say it and get away with it? When a NFL player is a influence and role model and nobody gives a damn about the McD's worker.

The flip side to my argument is this is the NFL were talking about.

They have murderers, gang members, rapists, wife beaters and other criminals they protect. Why not have a Klansman in the mix to.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#14 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Counseling....LMAO.

Where the hell are they gonna send him Racists Anonymous.

Hello...my name is Riley; and I am a Racist

:clap2:

4 weeks later he's cured of his racist condition and all is forgiven and forgotten.

GTFOH!

Ban the guy and show the world ZERO Tolerance means ZERO. Not Zero+1 warning if you have a cheesy Jerry Springer show excuse of being drunk.

If the dude worked at McDonald s and said that he'd be fired. You cant get protection for saying that at Mc'Ds.
Why can a NFL player say it and get away with it? When a NFL player is a influence and role model and nobody gives a damn about the McD's worker.

The flip side to my argument is this is the NFL were talking about.

They have murderers, gang members, rapists, wife beaters and other criminals they protect. Why not have a Klansman in the mix to.

Sorry, but one of the stupidest things I ever heard here man. Dude made a slip of the tongue and your gonna say he deserves to be fired from his career for this? Your not saying suspension but that he isnt allowed to play in the NFL again ? Thats ridiculous. I really think this is pretty over blown, guy said an apology, got fined by his team and is already gonna have opposing players out on his head, let him take his lumps. Your talking about taking away his career, for one slip up. That's like saying you mess up once at work you deserved to be kicked out of your career for ever.

I understand that he is held up to a higher standard by being a pro athlete and being in the spot light, but this is not worth the type of crap this guy is getting. Said the wrong word, nothing has come out saying he likes to burn crosses and commit hate crimes, saying he is a Klansman is the most over exaggerated thing to say.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:20 PM

I don't agree with him being banned from the league entirely either, but I also find the "slip of the tongue" phrase really irritating no offense. It sounds too much like a cop out in my opinion.

yo.

#16 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:28 PM

I don't agree with him being banned from the league entirely either, but I also find the "slip of the tongue" phrase really irritating no offense. It sounds too much like a cop out in my opinion.

Thats the thing though there is one video of him saying it, so why is it fine to jump and say this guy is a full blown racist, but not cool to say it was a slip? I know people are saying when your drunk you say the most honest things, really? How many times have people out there done something drunk, heard about it later and regretted it? I know I have, so dont use that as something to say he must really feel like this. I think it really is just over blown IMO. People saying look at how he said it, he said I will fight every [expletive]er in here. He said it in a malicious way in a way to fight, but how is that any different then if he said I will fight any dude in here? Would you say he used the word dude in a malicious way? No you would just say that is a confrontational statement. However you throw in the N word and you say he was using it in a derogatory and racist manner.

This guys life is crumbling because of this, have you seen him in the interviews? Looks as if he hasnt slept in days. Your talking about ruining a guys life because he say the n word. While you got a guy like Ray Lewis who had a murder charge brought up against him and was a glorified player in the league. Please tell me how being charged with murder is a lighter offense then saying the n word?

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:33 PM

I hardly feel sorry for what he's going through. I'm more sorry for him for doing & saying what he said in the first place. He's got no one to blame but himself. No excuses. I could probably be a little more forgiving at least slightly if he would not have said the word in such a hateful manner. That [expletive] shouldn't even enter your damn mind in the first place.

yo.

#18 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:38 PM

I hardly feel sorry for what he's going through. I'm more sorry for him for doing & saying what he said in the first place. He's got no one to blame but himself. No excuses. I could probably be a little more forgiving at least slightly if he would not have said the word in such a hateful manner. That [expletive] shouldn't even enter your damn mind in the first place.

I guess I just dont look at the situation in the same manner.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:50 PM

Wilbon BLASTS Roger Goodell:

yo.

#20 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:54 PM

When I first read this I thought it was the -gga suffix, not the -gger suffix. Big difference in my opinion. The difference of being racist and ignorant is very slight.

I do agree his context was not only offensive, but also possibly violent if given the chance. I also agree a person's hidden nature comes out after alcohol removes inhibitions. Granted I do not think he should be terribly punshied for this, it is a slippery slope.

But I can see where others are just frustrated with all the criticism, a popular comparison is to the Paul Dean. How if a white person says it, then they should be removed from society but still the term is rampant in rap, and nearly all other races besides Black people, which is true nowadays, Hispanics and Asians toss it around casually it seems. I just think no one should use it, the whole 'we invented it' phrase is incredibly ignorant once you open a history book. Which is why I also have a slight problem with McCoy being critical.

All in all I agree what he said and how he said it especailly was wrong, the fact the media (typical of course) keeps focusing on racial remarks instead of other matters is my issue in all this.

Edited by Ven, August 02, 2013 - 12:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users