Photo

UPDATE: YouTube Allows Users To Go Back To Old Comment System W/Out Google+ (Pg. 2); Outrage Over New YouTube Google+ Comments Sytem

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 03:36 PM

Do any of you ever wonder how certain companies allow no filter whatsoever seemingly on the comments posted on their videos? Here's just one example from ESPN:

_https://www.youtube....h?v=1TF69tL-Sy0

Go to it & just watch some of the video and what's being discussed and all you see in the comments pretty much have nothing to do with it at all except for one or so. It's not just about the comments being irrelevant to the topic though, it's about how vulgar they are.

Like you don't think people who work at ESPN see this sometime or the person in the video themself Hannah Storm? Do they find this flattering? Why would they allow it up?

Edited by    , November 18, 2013 - 03:03 PM.

yo.

#2 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Do any of you ever wonder how certain companies allow no filter whatsoever seemingly on the comments posted on their videos? Here's just one example from ESPN:

_https://www.youtube....h?v=1TF69tL-Sy0

Go to it & just watch some of the video and what's being discussed and all you see in the comments pretty much have nothing to do with it at all except for one or so. It's not just about the comments being irrelevant to the topic though, it's about how vulgar they are.

Like you don't think people who work at ESPN see this sometime or the person in the video themself Hannah Storm? Do they find this flattering? Why would they allow it up?

Too many videos to filter stuff like that out.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:00 PM

lol @ the top comment

Posted Image

#4 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:02 PM

Sometimes, the comments are more entertaining than the video (sadly).

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Regarding females specifically, you see a lot of videos around YouTube of people or fans who post videos of weather babes, reporter babes, etc. in sexualized manners full with sexualized comments. Do you think any of these females actually like the attention at all or are most probably offended, disturbed, and creeped out?

I've always wondered that cause I'm sure a lot of them have seen them out of curiosity typing themselves up & what not.

I have this observation that at least a few of them I feel like I've noticed probably have not liked it all that much. For instance, I've seen some cases where a female on tv is newly discovered and suddenly people start posting videos of them on YouTube for like the first time ever and as time goes by, it's noticeable how much more conservative that particular female will start to dress. It's almost as if they discover how much they're being viewed, the comments they read, and say that's enough for me, I'm gonna' cover up a little more and then not surprisingly, the videos being posted/uploaded start to diminish dramatically and a lot of comments sound frustrated & disappointed.

Again, this isn't for all, just a few cases I've observed and I don't think it's exactly a coincidence.

yo.

#6 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:08 PM

Youtube comments make me lose faith in humanity. 

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Some of the most racism can be found in YouTube comments at any random moment, even probably videos so far away from the topic like innocent children/kids videos. There's a lot of anti-homosexual comments as well.

yo.

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,744 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Some of those random comments that try to provoke people by saying racist thing and etc are made by federal agents. 

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 01:27 PM

^ That was pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Not purely YouTube here, but still somewhat related.

Edited by    , August 02, 2013 - 01:28 PM.

yo.

#10 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,562 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted August 04, 2013 - 07:22 AM

I would love to get payed just for writing in youtube lol
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 40,556 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 03:25 AM

Anyone else here not happy with the new YouTube comment system?

http://techcrunch.co...ased-on-google/

A lot of people seem to be unhappy with it including myself. Why are changes constantly being forced upon us? The Yahoo Sports page change was trash as well. Smh.

Google is forcing every You Tuber to Google +

yo.

#12 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,063 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Youtube is annoying right now I agree

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#13 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:50 PM

I appreciate threaded comments and nesting, as I browse reddit and enjoy that formatting (so it is a personal preference). I think forcing people to link in to another social network is kind of garbage. If Google really wants to start connecting all of their products together, they may as well just create one steamlined portal with Youtube, Google+, Search, Gmail, etc. all in one accessible area, rather than various URLs with random updates across the services. Google may already be working toward something like that and are slowly pushing users into it, but I doubt it. Maybe something like this?

gnZxh5n.png

To me, Google has kind of ruined YouTube rather than improved it. I don't deny that they have kept up with the latest demands by implementing HTML5 and voting systems for comments, but it seems like they re-do the interface once per month. Maybe they should concentrate on one larger idea and spend years working on it in an isolated environment, rather than using the public server as a playground based on the feedback they are receiving. They are, in large, mixing proprietary code with opensource philosophy, which is sort of ironic.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#14 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,722 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 10:44 PM

terrible, they're literally forcing people to signup for google +

#15 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,824 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 12:23 AM

im not upgrading, going to see how long i can hold out until im forced to

13z8pc6.jpg

#16 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 01:34 PM

YouTube co-founder wonders 'why the [expletive]' comments require a Google+ account

YouTube may have overhauled its much-maligned comments this week, but the service's co-founder is just not feeling it. Jawed Karim, one of YouTube's original creators, took to the comments for the first time in eight years and asked, "Why the [expletive] do I need a Google+ account to comment on a video?"

Read more: http://www.theverge....equire-a-google

wKNsigp.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 03:07 PM

^ Saw that. There's been a petition made already with almost 50,000 signatures & counting...

Sadly though, I'll be shocked if they change anything. Changes from big companies tend to be forced upon people and even the negative feedback won't be enough. They usually tend to figure the outrage will die off with time & people will basically be forced to adjust like it or not.

yo.

#18 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 05:19 PM

^ Saw that. There's been a petition made already with almost 50,000 signatures & counting...

Sadly though, I'll be shocked if they change anything. Changes from big companies tend to be forced upon people and even the negative feedback won't be enough. They usually tend to figure the outrage will die off with time & people will basically be forced to adjust like it or not.

wKNsigp.png

#19 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,028 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 01:06 PM

wKNsigp.png

#20 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,744 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 11, 2013 - 04:27 PM

I don't get what the big deal is....it takes like 2 seconds to make a google+ account anyways lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users