nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:00 AM

http://hangtime.blog...?ls=nbahpsplit1

“I feel like I’m the best I’ve ever been right now,” Childress said.

He says he is in the best shape ever! But seriously, i liked his game when he was with the Hawks and i think he deserves one last chance in the nba. Since we still need a 3, why don't we invite him to the camp? 

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,434 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:09 AM

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#3 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,397 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:12 AM

BEST SHAPE EVER  :laughing:

Remind you of anyone?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#4 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,364 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:14 AM

Childress tweeted my friend:

3QpFM.png

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,920 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:15 AM

http://hangtime.blog...?ls=nbahpsplit1

He says he is in the best shape ever! But seriously, i liked his game when he was with the Hawks and i think he deserves one last chance in the nba. Since we still need a 3, why don't we invite him to the camp? 

For what? 

Nick Young, Wesley Johnson, and Elias Harris (can play 3 & 4).   

They'll add either Landry or CDR and call it a day.  They're pretty much set at the 3. 

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,434 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:15 AM

BEST SHAPE EVER  :laughing:

Remind you of anyone?

At least that someone played in more than just 102 games in the past 3 years and averaged more than 2.9 points in that timespan.  :)

#7 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,397 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:17 AM

At least that someone played in more than just 102 games in the past 3 years and averaged more than 2.9 points in that timespan.  :)

Well, I'm talking about last year and that year was pretty damn mediocre? But yeah, one sucks more than the other.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,434 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well, I'm talking about last year and that year was pretty damn mediocre? But yeah, one sucks more than the other.

Yeah, shame though, that injury seems to have ruined him :(

#9 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 31, 2013 - 12:30 PM

I remember he used to look good... and I thought he could do well... back when he was at Stanford...

Dude got messed when he left the NBA to go over seas...

is he a total lost cause now? maybe I don't know... worth a camp invite...

same with everyone basicly...

lakers should hold open tryouts for former NBA players...

#10 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 31, 2013 - 01:36 PM

what about him

Posted Image

#11 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted July 31, 2013 - 02:23 PM

All CDR lovers, do you really think he is better than Childress? I watched him overseas too, he did not look that bad, at least he is better than CDR that's for sure. I came up with this idea because i see people wanting us to sign another player for the 3 position. And believe, as bad as he has been last couple of years, he is better than CDR. So if you want us to sign CDR, you must be very ignorant to say Childress is not an option. Not that he is my ideal player but i don't see us landing anyone better.

#12 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,713 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 02:56 PM

No thx

#13 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,850 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 31, 2013 - 03:42 PM

So why not just not sign anyone or just sign a D league or younger guy to see if he has some untapped potential.  Childress couldnt even produce on the Suns in 2011 when they were a dead team.  What purpose does he serve in LA outside of riding the bench for 82 games??

All CDR lovers, do you really think he is better than Childress? I watched him overseas too, he did not look that bad, at least he is better than CDR that's for sure. I came up with this idea because i see people wanting us to sign another player for the 3 position. And believe, as bad as he has been last couple of years, he is better than CDR. So if you want us to sign CDR, you must be very ignorant to say Childress is not an option. Not that he is my ideal player but i don't see us landing anyone better.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,434 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 03:46 PM

The last couple of years no he is not better than CDR, if that's the current him, the one that can barely get into the game or score a point and is injury prone, then no he is not better than CDR.   If we're looking at current prospects, no Josh Childress is not.

So it wouldn't be ignorant to say yes to CDR and no to Childress currently when you realize how far Childress has fallen off.   If Pau was a free agent I wouldn't pick him over Aldridge in 2013 because of what Pau did in 2009.

Edited by Majesty, July 31, 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#15 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,105 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 01, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Childress tweeted my friend:

3QpFM.png

He use to do Tech Talk in SLAM magazine & now he's on twitter asking for phone help??

veqdeg.jpg

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,920 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Consider me ignorant then.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,434 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Some people hate CDR so much just because of the way some fans hype him that they make really ignorant statements.

This isn't Darius Morris.  And yes CDR would be productive for us.  This whole "I'll hate on them just cause some fans overblow how good they are" goes a bit too far when you bash someone that would actually be productive for our team.

Tell me would you rather re-sign Ebanks over having CDR as well?   CDR would help the team more than any other free agent small forward/shooting guard combo that's available right now that's within our price range.   So it's time to let the ego go.

Personally I could care less if we got CDR and he was helping us in games and people were singing his praises.  It's much better than not having him, having a backup 3 that sucks and having those fans saying that CDR would have been better for the position and chances are they'd be right.   Don't let your own personal dislike or ego get in the way of wanting productive players for this team.

I hated Karl Malone with every fiber of my being cause of the things he said about Magic, but did I complain when we got him?  Heck no.

Some CDR fans may go overboard, but at least they are singing the praises of a player like CDR instead of trying to find reasons why we should bring Smush Parker or Kwame Brown back.

Edited by Majesty, August 01, 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#18 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Nothing to offer pass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users