Photo

Report: Chris Paul Told Clippers He'd Sign With Rockets After Doc Rivers Talks Broke Down

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:23 AM

Paul_Chris_lac_130530.jpg

Chris Paul informed the Los Angeles Clippers that he was planning on signing with the Houston Rockets to join James Harden and Dwight Howard when the deal for Doc Rivers fell apart, according to a report from ESPN's Bill Simmons.

The Clippers ended negotiations with the Boston Celtics over the compensation they would send in exchange for Rivers.

The Clippers eventually reinitiated talks and send a future first round pick to the Celtics.

Paul subsequently agreed to a $107 million new contract with the Clippers.

http://www.grantland...ight-run-part-1

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,875 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:27 AM

Wow. They would have been pretty good over in HOU. I'm kind of glad that it fell through, but no true Laker fears a challenge! :tease:

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#3 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:33 AM

It might of been a "threat" or a blush to get the Doc Rivers deal done. 

If this were true however, all I can say is wow! Two years ago, we were suppose to have Dwight and CP3. Then all of a sudden, Houston gets them? This is would be a killer.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:36 AM

I like CP3 but as more comes out behind closed doors, he seems a lot like a baby when it comes to certain things. Guess these are the type of Divas that the league creates today.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ummmm....

That's interesting. 

Doc Rivers was named Clippers coach on June 25th. 

Dwight Howard chose the Rockets on July 5th. 

So what is said here is that Chris Paul knew that Dwight Howard would be going to Houston before July 1st.  

Like I said, interesting. 

#6 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:51 AM

That meeting they had in L.A around early June was about joining forces in Houston!

#7 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:01 AM

That meeting they had in L.A around early June was about joining forces in Houston!

Pretty much

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#8 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 914 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Could the Rockets have actually signed both of them? They had cap space?

#9 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:09 AM

I hate the fact that Houston fans are comparing Parsons to Larry Bird please!!!!!!

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:16 AM

I hate the fact that Houston fans are comparing Parsons to Larry Bird please!!!!!!

Dont hate it, laugh at it. Larry Legend had that name for a reason. Top 5 sf all time and an argument could be made that he is still the best sf of all time. Comparing a kid that had one pretty solid year to Larry is just laughable.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just laugh at the stupidity of those fans.  Don't hate them, just feel bad for them. 

#12 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 820 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:26 AM

Ummmm....

That's interesting. 

Doc Rivers was named Clippers coach on June 25th. 

Dwight Howard chose the Rockets on July 5th. 

So what is said here is that Chris Paul knew that Dwight Howard would be going to Houston before July 1st.  

Like I said, interesting. 

Not surprised at all by this. Howard was gearing to leave all year because of all the perceived slights against him. It was another futile attempt to save face publicly when he said he was considering LA still. His choosing of the Rockets despite Chris not coming says something. A team of CP, DH, JH, and Parsons would have been contenders without a doubt. 

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Not surprised at all by this. Howard was gearing to leave all year because of all the perceived slights against him. It was another futile attempt to save face publicly when he said he was considering LA still. His choosing of the Rockets despite Chris not coming says something. A team of CP, DH, JH, and Parsons would have been contenders without a doubt. 

I'm not surprised either, just find it interesting because if Chris Paul really told the Clippers front office that, that means that Houston already knew Dwight was coming, which means they had contact with him before the July 1st date. 

Really irrelevant at this point, but still pisses me off that Dwight Howard played this whole "don't know where he is going" crap.

#14 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 820 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'm not surprised either, just find it interesting because if Chris Paul really told the Clippers front office that, that means that Houston already knew Dwight was coming, which means they had contact with him before the July 1st date. 

Really irrelevant at this point, but still pisses me off that Dwight Howard played this whole "don't know where he is going" crap.

Preach. I thought I had a strong dislike for Lebron back in 2010, but Howard is reaching new lows. Plus, it isn't too far of a stretch to think that Parsons passed on a lot of messages from Daryl Morey in their off-season romance. I highly doubt Parsons just recruited Coward with the opportunity for sleepovers and video gaming with him and Lin. Casual texts can't be monitored by the NBA, he could have said "Daryl is going to do _______ if you come btw". 

[expletive] Houston.

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Preach. I thought I had a strong dislike for Lebron back in 2010, but Howard is reaching new lows. Plus, it isn't too far of a stretch to think that Parsons passed on a lot of messages from Daryl Morey in their off-season romance. I highly doubt Parsons just recruited Coward with the opportunity for sleepovers and video gaming with him and Lin. Casual texts can't be monitored by the NBA, he could have said "Daryl is going to do _______ if you come btw". 

[expletive] Houston.

I have zero doubt in my mind that Howard was in direct communication with the Rockets since the season ended. 

#16 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:12 AM

It was not houston management in contact with dwight it was parsons which is nothing illegal and fine to begin with d wade bosh and lebron did it
Posted Image

#17 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:30 AM

I like CP3 but as more comes out behind closed doors, he seems a lot like a baby when it comes to certain things. Guess these are the type of Divas that the league creates today.

Nothing wrong with what CP3 did. That's what good about what CP3 did, all was private and behind closed doors.

Edited by Paris, July 31, 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#18 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:33 AM

That would be tampering.

My guess is that Parsons was the middleman the whole time. He was the true engineer of this.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#19 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:36 AM

That would be tampering.

My guess is that Parsons was the middleman the whole time. He was the true engineer of this.

It would be tampering. Like I said, I don't have any doubt Dwight had direct contact with Morey since the season ended.

Tampering happens a lot in the NBA. It's when it goes public that teams seem to get punished.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,691 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:25 AM

More tampering.

My question is HOW THE FREAK WOULD HOUSTON HAVE AFFORDED HIM?    Unless Houston was gonna sign Chris Paul with the money and try to convince us to do a sign and trade(which we wouldn't have done) I see no way he could have went to Houston and paired with Dwight.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users