-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,916 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 30, 2013 - 10:56 AM

First Open Source Airplane Could Cost Just $15,000

There’s an open source airplane being developed in Canada, and now its designers are looking to double down on the digital trends, turning to crowdsourced funding to finish the project. The goal of Maker Plane is to develop a small, two-seat airplane that qualifies as a light sport aircraft and is affordable, safe, and easy to fly. But unlike other home-built aircraft, where companies or individuals charge for their plans or kits, Maker Plane will give its design away for free.

Read more: http://www.wired.com...=social10265064

I'm telling you... open source hardware (OSHW) is going to be the future.. crazy

Edited by -Wade-, July 30, 2013 - 10:57 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Very interesting.

yo.

#3 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Cost efficient and affordable for the people. However, I don't know how to fly a plane and build one even with the guide/steps :smh: , also I will not have the right tools to do so. Kind of hope that they were offering to fly people to destination for cheap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OpenSource, OSHW, Airplane, 3D Printing, hardware, compsci

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users