Photo

Rapper, The Game, Says Clippers Will Never Be Big Dog In L.A.; It's "Laker Town"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 01:14 PM

0:04-0:38:

yo.

#2 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:09 PM

well yea, the clippers have how many championships and hall of famers to produce?

I mean the lakers even have a member that IS the nba logo

#3 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,516 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 29, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Past performance doe not guaranty future results.

Debbie Downer

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,911 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 29, 2013 - 05:29 PM

History tends to repeat itself 

LA will always be the Lakers' city

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#5 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 29, 2013 - 05:37 PM

Clipper fans(and Laker haters in general) balk at the 16 banners saying it doesn't mean anything because its all in the past. By that logic, the NASA moon landings doesn't mean [expletive] because its in the past.

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,820 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2013 - 07:13 PM

I mean even if the Clippers do have success the majority of people in LA and around the Nba fanbase are Lakers fans. It would have to be like a Cowboys plunder to lose a lot of fans and even then the Cowboys still are a loaded fanbase

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,467 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 29, 2013 - 08:27 PM

The Lakers are a billion dollar a year industry in LA.

you know how many people get extra beer and/or herb or whatever drug for a Laker game. You know how many dudes get a fresh outfit and hit a bar or a TGI Fridays or something for Lakers game. All the money that downtown LA gets. All The people who go out and buy pizza or food to throw on the grill. Then the Staples Center and LA Live. and that's people ALL OVER THE WORLD, not just the city of LA.

Lol

Now, don't yu realize every time we play the opponents' fans do that where ever they live AND there are Laker haters who watch the game just like fans do, can scout our players better than some of our fans, because they are so vested in us losing, so they respect our worst players more than our fans.

But yeah, this is almost a non-topic

#8 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Clipper fans(and Laker haters in general) balk at the 16 banners saying it doesn't mean anything because its all in the past. By that logic, the NASA moon landings doesn't mean [expletive] because its in the past.

Yeah, we are living in the past as every second ticks by. So in essence, we only have history to look back on or the upcoming future, which is unknown. Therefore that is why HISTORY is so important because it is set in stone for eternity. The future can only be predicted but not guaranteed.

The 16 world championships we have are forever ours. So as you mentioned, if people try to disregard them then they must disregard every other great achievement in mankind as well. I highly doubt it. Sounds like hate or jealousy to me lol.

As I mentioned in another thread, how could the Clippers be the big dog in LA. They are the only major sporting team in LA without a championship Lmfao!!! I thought you had to be goood to be a big dog. The Sparks have more claim to being top dog than the Clippers lol. In fact the only Staples center occupant without a championship banner is the Clippers. The Kings, Sparks and obviously the Lakers have titles. The only banner the Clips have is a division title haha.

While I somewhat agree the Clippers currently have a better team than us, the fact remains they havent achieved nothing yet. To back up your claim to being the big dog you need proof to legitimize it. We have 16 trophys as ours. They have 0.

As I said at the start, as every second ticks, history is created, so the measuring stick can only be the past as the future is unknown. All I know is the record books state the Lakers are 16 time World champions and the Clippers are bridesmaids LOL!!! :D :D :D

Edited by jax24, July 29, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:24 AM

This. Atleast for the next 3-5 years while LAL rebuild. The LAC are gonna be elite barring injuries or a demonstrative team break up like KB+Shaq splitting ways.

But through the prism of time the city of LA belongs to the Lakers.

But in all honesty the next 3-5 seasons the Clippers are gonna own our ass. But I doubt their window of opportunity results in a Chip at all let alone an actual dynasty.

Edited by LakersGAFan, July 30, 2013 - 06:26 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users