Photo

Waiting on 2014 free agency, losing Dwight, accepting mediocre welcome to the Jim era

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted July 26, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Warning rant coming skip ahead if needed (I'm not gonna say Jim is an idiot the guy makes good decisions and bad ones.

Obv we all know the lakers r the Yankees of basketball and I fear the lakers r gonna slip into 1st round if lucky and exit habit till Jim lets a qualified group run this team. We let pat Riley build laker south Jerry west is building a team that will replace the lakers.

Now we all know MDT was the wrong hire. Phil would of turned that team around but I'm kinda glad Phil didnt take over and tarnish his legacy. Because this team last year did not have the horses. In the beginning Brian shaw should of been hired and Phil should complete the triangle of bosses sitting at the table with Jim and Mitch.

Now tht I'm done whining lets get down to facts. This teams main core is too old maybe jim really thought Dwight was superman but this team
Just can't keep up with other teams.

We need young upcoming stars and lets get one thing straight we just lost a guy we put buildboards up for and begged to comeback it made us look pathetic that we got nothing for Dwight. Did we get nothing for shaq nope.

What is even scarier is if Jim fired DT I think Dwight would of stayed he cares about his image tht much he wouldn't want to be none as a coach killer. He already got a Gm and coach canned but Dwight couldn't help us out get rid of r coach.)

END OF RANT!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KEY ON THE NBA MARKET IS HAVING ASSETS. At one time we could of got Blake griffin and Bledsoe for Dwight " rumored" we could of worked something out early and worked something out with golden st. We even got offered rondo and a lot of big trades at the deadline if u thought Dwight was staying your dillusional. But let's say we traded for young assets maybe Beverly, a sf, and asisk one we aren't gonna find a rim protector like Omar on the open market. We could of flipped him for Ryan Anderson.

But all the laker fans want to keep the cap space clear for 2014 I was one but where dilusional pau ain't gonna sign for cheap to a team tht dragged him through mud last couple years. Okc could amensity Perkins sign pau for cheap team him
Up with his ESP teamate ibaka or he could go to minny or any contender.

Kobe will not take a small enough contract for two max players

Dwight Howard put the fear of god in super stars to play with Kobe. I think melo will choose bulls fit in nice with tht team.

Lebron Cavs or the heat

All the young stars r already talking extension wall Irving cousin we will not land guys like this. These young guys r gonna take tht money.

Another key is lakers listed 2 targets to get lakers fans minds off [expletive]ty season were about to have. But if we strike out then it's gonna be lose again and try to get love in 15 it's a sick cycle ask the mavs.

The old lakers would of had some kinda block buster trade already sealed or traded up in the draft.

So stop dreaming on lebron lakers need too look at the nba we need an athletic pg tht can score more pg these days r Scorers then assist machines we need a athletic three thts the key the 3 has become a position with guys big enough to dominate the boards, with good jump shots, and ball handling skills, then we need ATleast a role playing big man.

Brandon Jennings wants to be a laker he's young and can only get better with Phil in the stands and Rambis coaching him up. The kid is a pure scorer but his assist total has been increasing every year right now 17 pts close to 7 assist put him around talent thts 20 pts 10 assist. The guy is been playing with tht maverick prick Ellis and Larry Sanders and a inconsistent illy being his other options I wouldn't pass the ball either. Milwalkee is a place to go and die but this kid led them to the playoffs 2 or 3 years. We could wait and sign him next year but we take the chance bucks trade him somewhere else. Look at the free agent market next year wall will resign name a better pg available no stars coming here to play with 41 year old Nash. We pay Nash 9 so I say Jennings can get talked into 10 or 11.

Pull off a three team deal maybe with Phoenix or Minnesota to send dragic or sir Alex from the wolves or straight up deal pau and pieces.

Free agency we should be targeting melo if tht falls through for those of u who say jennings melo Kobe would never work good just like heat they would figure it out iverson had his last two great years with melo and some of his best numbers percentage wise because with melo and Kobe on the court you jennings and whoever else fills out the roster will have shots for days.plus you might be able to swing a Jennings for Rondo trade later on.

If you can't get melo then getting deng or granger is a must both guys defend and r unselfish I don't think either guy will demand max money.

Then the lakers need to develop there role players like hill and young and idk why they let go of goudlock but develop role players.

As far as a big man u can get a okafor, Larry sanders, gortat, munroe, bogut keep hill and Kaman for cheap

We need to start looking were we r at r mystique is fading lets get these young guys get a chance like Jennings all they can do is improve. Then u build assets up on down years number wise and pull off big trAdes for disgruntled stars or teams with cap space.

Jennings
Kobe
Deng, granger, melo
Hill gonna have a breakout year use him up till we get love (:
Larry sanders or bogut or okafor

Bring back young farmer Kaman get rid of Nash

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,414 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 26, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Jennings

tumblr_mch1oa3aiA1r4t7nto1_250.gif

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,902 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 26, 2013 - 08:16 PM

The only thing I'll comment t on is Larry Sanders. I like him .

But it's not him in particular, it's the fact that EVERY SINGL EYEAR, guys come out of nowhere. Guys emerge as viable options as puzzles to a championship team.

Let's say we don't get any of the FIVE or so main guys mentioned for next year.

There are the Batum type players and Sanders of the world that could have that Kawahi Leonard type affect around Kobe, Nash( if he is here) and Gasol or Kaman or whomever ends up coming back on a good deal.

The point is, expect the unexpected.

You can try and say it will be different with Jim, but Dwight and Nash came out of no where, to a certain extent. CP3 came out of nowhere.We unloaded Luke Walton for Ramon Sessions. Derek Fisher got is Jordan Hill.

Don't try and predict

#4 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,815 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 27, 2013 - 03:13 AM

We unloaded Luke Walton for Ramon Sessions. Derek Fisher got is Jordan Hill.

We gave up a first round pick for Sessions.  Walton and his salary (bad signing by the Lakers) was the price the Cavaliers had to pay to get the pick.  They were done with Sessions anyway, so they got a first round pick for a mediocre player they did not need and took a bad contract back.

Jordan Hill ... same thing.  He is a nice player.  Worth a first round pick?  Debatable.

These were not brilliant  trades by Mitch and Jimbo.  They are questionable deals at best.  

And the Nash deal was one of the worst deals in franchise history for which we are and will continue to pay for a long time.  Horrible decision trade compounded by a bad contract.

So, the above moves=

4 first round draft picks given up

2 second round picks

2 bad contracts

What did we get in return?

A mediocre PG who left after a few months

An injury prone undersized front court player with ok talent

An old PG well past his prime

Hardly the stuff of legends.

#5 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,340 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 27, 2013 - 04:05 AM

You better get ready for Jennings if we don't get anyone in 2014. 

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#6 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,902 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 27, 2013 - 08:36 AM

We gave up a first round pick for Sessions. Walton and his salary (bad signing by the Lakers) was the price the Cavaliers had to pay to get the pick. They were done with Sessions anyway, so they got a first round pick for a mediocre player they did not need and took a bad contract back.

Jordan Hill ... same thing. He is a nice player. Worth a first round pick? Debatable.

These were not brilliant trades by Mitch and Jimbo. They are questionable deals at best.

And the Nash deal was one of the worst deals in franchise history for which we are and will continue to pay for a long time. Horrible decision trade compounded by a bad contract.

So, the above moves=
2 second round picks
2 bad contracts

Lol. We UPGRADED in instances where pundits said it was impossible. Our first round picks would NOT have been higher than where Jordan, Nick or Wes was picked and likely not as good.

Realism vs Idealism

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,918 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 27, 2013 - 11:58 AM

I disagree on those trades.  Those were great trades considering where the picks were.  That Jordan Hill pick turned Jared Cunningham and the Fisher trade turned into a non impact player I cant remember. 

Sessions was the perfect bench PG this team needed and could have paid for.  Problem is he was misused by Mike Brown and didnt get any reassurance that he wouldnt get traded for someone by Mitch so he left. 

We gave up a first round pick for Sessions.  Walton and his salary (bad signing by the Lakers) was the price the Cavaliers had to pay to get the pick.  They were done with Sessions anyway, so they got a first round pick for a mediocre player they did not need and took a bad contract back.

Jordan Hill ... same thing.  He is a nice player.  Worth a first round pick?  Debatable.

These were not brilliant  trades by Mitch and Jimbo.  They are questionable deals at best.  

And the Nash deal was one of the worst deals in franchise history for which we are and will continue to pay for a long time.  Horrible decision trade compounded by a bad contract.

So, the above moves=

2 second round picks

2 bad contracts

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2013 - 01:45 PM

TL::DR

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,918 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 01:58 PM

Why? Why not just go after better players elsewhere?  Why do assume that any team especially a team like the Lakers are going to pay Jennings.  This is a player that has received 0 offers this offseason. 

You better get ready for Jennings if we don't get anyone in 2014. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2013 - 02:22 PM

:facepalm: I prefer the current lineup than those

33bkfif.jpg

#11 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,777 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 27, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Jennings please stay far away from the lakers. I'd rather have Sasha start at the point next year. Jennings is not the answer.

#12 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,486 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 27, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Id take Jennings for 5-7 mil

#13 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,815 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 27, 2013 - 03:36 PM

Lol. We UPGRADED in instances where pundits said it was impossible. Our first round picks would NOT have been higher than where Jordan, Nick or Wes was picked and likely not as good.

Realism vs Idealism

Maybe Sessions was an upgrade in the moment, maybe not.  When your starting PG is an aging Fisher, its not hard to upgrade, no? That's not the point.  Mitch surrendered yet another first round pick for a guy that was sitting on the bench in Cleveland when we got him, disappeared in the playoffs, and then left us to sit on the bench for one of the worst teams in the league.      Meanwhile Cleveland used the pick to draft a pure shooter.  That's the reality.

Ok, lets talk Jordan Hill.    We gave up yet another first round pick for him.  Throwing out his rookie season, he has played a total of 140 games in 4 seasons due to injury.  And its not like the injury bug just starting biting after we traded for him.  When he is healthy, he is a decent, but undersized big man.  But we sure could have used that 1st round pick, no?  I am not saying the Hill trade was a bad deal for the lakers, but it was not exactly a Phi Betta Kappa move either, then or now in hindsight.   That's the reality.

The trades clearly fit a pattern- let's mortgage tomorrow for today.  I am not against trading picks, they are just assets, but we cant continually mortgage the future and not have it eventually catch up to us, which is exactly what has happened to us now.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 03:38 PM

Maybe Sessions was an upgrade in the moment, maybe not.  When your starting PG is an aging Fisher, its not hard to upgrade, no? That's not the point.  Mitch surrendered yet another first round pick for a guy that was sitting on the bench in Cleveland when we got him, disappeared in the playoffs, and then left us to sit on the bench for one of the worst teams in the league.      Meanwhile Cleveland used the pick to draft a pure shooter.  That's the reality.

Ok, lets talk Jordan Hill.    We gave up yet another first round pick for him.  Throwing out his rookie season, he has played a total of 140 games in 4 seasons due to injury.  And its not like the injury bug just starting biting after we traded for him.  When he is healthy, he is a decent, but undersized big man.  But we sure could have used that 1st round pick, no?  I am not saying the Hill trade was a bad deal for the lakers, but it was not exactly a Phi Betta Kappa move either, then or now in hindsight.   That's the reality.

The trades clearly fit a pattern- let's mortgage tomorrow for today.  I am not against trading picks, they are just assets, but we cant continually mortgage the future and not have it eventually catch up to us, which is exactly what has happened to us now.

I'd like to know given our standings in the first round who we'd have drafted in those subsequent following drafts considering where we'd have fallen in them that would have been better than Nash, Sessions or Hill :)

Everyone keeps saying "WE gave up first round draft picks!!! omg!"

But then aren't naming anyone in those subsequent drafts we'd have landed in the middle of and who we could have drafted that would have been better than the people we got.

For all those saying how weak this years draft class was and last years draft class was some people seem to really get pissed that we didn't have first round picks in them. 

Edited by Majesty, July 27, 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#15 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Warning rant coming skip ahead if needed (I'm not gonna say Jim is an idiot the guy makes good decisions and bad ones.

Obv we all know the lakers r the Yankees of basketball and I fear the lakers r gonna slip into 1st round if lucky and exit habit till Jim lets a qualified group run this team. We let pat Riley build laker south Jerry west is building a team that will replace the lakers.

Now we all know MDT was the wrong hire. Phil would of turned that team around but I'm kinda glad Phil didnt take over and tarnish his legacy. Because this team last year did not have the horses. In the beginning Brian shaw should of been hired and Phil should complete the triangle of bosses sitting at the table with Jim and Mitch.

Now tht I'm done whining lets get down to facts. This teams main core is too old maybe jim really thought Dwight was superman but this team
Just can't keep up with other teams.

We need young upcoming stars and lets get one thing straight we just lost a guy we put buildboards up for and begged to comeback it made us look pathetic that we got nothing for Dwight. Did we get nothing for shaq nope.

What is even scarier is if Jim fired DT I think Dwight would of stayed he cares about his image tht much he wouldn't want to be none as a coach killer. He already got a Gm and coach canned but Dwight couldn't help us out get rid of r coach.)

END OF RANT!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KEY ON THE NBA MARKET IS HAVING ASSETS. At one time we could of got Blake griffin and Bledsoe for Dwight " rumored" we could of worked something out early and worked something out with golden st. We even got offered rondo and a lot of big trades at the deadline if u thought Dwight was staying your dillusional. But let's say we traded for young assets maybe Beverly, a sf, and asisk one we aren't gonna find a rim protector like Omar on the open market. We could of flipped him for Ryan Anderson.

But all the laker fans want to keep the cap space clear for 2014 I was one but where dilusional pau ain't gonna sign for cheap to a team tht dragged him through mud last couple years. Okc could amensity Perkins sign pau for cheap team him
Up with his ESP teamate ibaka or he could go to minny or any contender.

Kobe will not take a small enough contract for two max players

Dwight Howard put the fear of god in super stars to play with Kobe. I think melo will choose bulls fit in nice with tht team.

Lebron Cavs or the heat

All the young stars r already talking extension wall Irving cousin we will not land guys like this. These young guys r gonna take tht money.

Another key is lakers listed 2 targets to get lakers fans minds off [expletive]ty season were about to have. But if we strike out then it's gonna be lose again and try to get love in 15 it's a sick cycle ask the mavs.

The old lakers would of had some kinda block buster trade already sealed or traded up in the draft.

So stop dreaming on lebron lakers need too look at the nba we need an athletic pg tht can score more pg these days r Scorers then assist machines we need a athletic three thts the key the 3 has become a position with guys big enough to dominate the boards, with good jump shots, and ball handling skills, then we need ATleast a role playing big man.

Brandon Jennings wants to be a laker he's young and can only get better with Phil in the stands and Rambis coaching him up. The kid is a pure scorer but his assist total has been increasing every year right now 17 pts close to 7 assist put him around talent thts 20 pts 10 assist. The guy is been playing with tht maverick prick Ellis and Larry Sanders and a inconsistent illy being his other options I wouldn't pass the ball either. Milwalkee is a place to go and die but this kid led them to the playoffs 2 or 3 years. We could wait and sign him next year but we take the chance bucks trade him somewhere else. Look at the free agent market next year wall will resign name a better pg available no stars coming here to play with 41 year old Nash. We pay Nash 9 so I say Jennings can get talked into 10 or 11.

Pull off a three team deal maybe with Phoenix or Minnesota to send dragic or sir Alex from the wolves or straight up deal pau and pieces.

Free agency we should be targeting melo if tht falls through for those of u who say jennings melo Kobe would never work good just like heat they would figure it out iverson had his last two great years with melo and some of his best numbers percentage wise because with melo and Kobe on the court you jennings and whoever else fills out the roster will have shots for days.plus you might be able to swing a Jennings for Rondo trade later on.

If you can't get melo then getting deng or granger is a must both guys defend and r unselfish I don't think either guy will demand max money.

Then the lakers need to develop there role players like hill and young and idk why they let go of goudlock but develop role players.

As far as a big man u can get a okafor, Larry sanders, gortat, munroe, bogut keep hill and Kaman for cheap

We need to start looking were we r at r mystique is fading lets get these young guys get a chance like Jennings all they can do is improve. Then u build assets up on down years number wise and pull off big trAdes for disgruntled stars or teams with cap space.

Jennings
Kobe
Deng, granger, melo
Hill gonna have a breakout year use him up till we get love (:
Larry sanders or bogut or okafor

Bring back young farmer Kaman get rid of Nash

R6qrD.gif

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#16 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,918 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Lmfao why though?  His own team isnt even offering him that so why would you want the Lakers to pay that type of money to a player that isnt good?  Do you watch games?

Id take Jennings for 5-7 mil

#17 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,918 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 04:01 PM

I can bet my last dollar any Laker fan thats wanting to sign Jennings for anything about the mini MLE and to have a core role in the org future DOES NOT watch games.  I used to think BJ just needed to grow as a player last year then I watched him in 3 reg season games this year and the playoffs vs the Heat. 

#18 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 04:06 PM

I can bet my last dollar any Laker fan thats wanting to sign Jennings for anything about the mini MLE and to have a core role in the org future DOES NOT watch games.  I used to think BJ just needed to grow as a player last year then I watched him in 3 reg season games this year and the playoffs vs the Heat. 

Lmfao why though?  His own team isnt even offering him that so why would you want the Lakers to pay that type of money to a player that isnt good?  Do you watch games?

agreed x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users