manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,464 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:02 PM

i appreciate haha!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#103 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,003 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:55 PM

As if LA ever had a deep team...please stop

Oh but its so much easier to blame d'antoni instead of acknowledging that 2/3rds of the team were injured and it would have meant playing ebanks or duh on as they were all that was left outside of our starters and 2 bench players.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#104 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Who knows, they are two different players with two different positions.  What are you exactly looking for?  Should they not have signed him? If so, who should they have signed that would actually put LA into championship contention?  It's obvious what the front office is trying to do man and Im not talking about tanking either. 

does he look better than Sacre to you?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#105 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Pretty much.  Its crazy to see them rag on the same things on and on but when other fan bases say the same they get defensive.

Heat fan yells: Lakers sucked this year

Rabid LA fan rebuttal:  But we were injured!

LA fan#1: We didnt experience any success b/c of injury

Rabid LA fan: MDA SUCKS, Dwight didnt make his FTs,

Oh but its so much easier to blame d'antoni instead of acknowledging that 2/3rds of the team were injured and it would have meant playing ebanks or duh on as they were all that was left outside of our starters and 2 bench players.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#106 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,220 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:32 PM

No I wouldnt have wasted the roster spot on him. No player available will make them a COntender this upcoming season. Thats not what any of these acquisitions are about. Its about looking for quality young role players they maybe able to rely on in the future. Fillers for upcoming season in case of injury bug as well.

Who knows, they are two different players with two different positions.  What are you exactly looking for?  Should they not have signed him? If so, who should they have signed that would actually put LA into championship contention?  It's obvious what the front office is trying to do man and Im not talking about tanking either. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#107 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:40 PM

So where are all these quality young role players that are better than Elias Harris that LA has access to?  You said all that only to agree with the concept of why he was signed.  Elias Harris may end up being a decent player thats why he was signed.  If he sucks major balls and doesnt develop he's gone next year.  Same goes for Wes Johnson and Nick Young. 

No I wouldnt have wasted the roster spot on him. No player available will make them a COntender this upcoming season. Thats not what any of these acquisitions are about. Its about looking for quality young role players they maybe able to rely on in the future. Fillers for upcoming season in case of injury bug as well.

#108 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,220 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:52 PM

No Im looking at Johnson & Young who they acquired as potential LAkers as quality role players. Nate Rob was there for taking they passed. There are still better F then him.  I dont understand why he was acquired i made my statement on this season. Your comment about what young talent could be gained to move them in contender doesnt make sense

So where are all these quality young role players that are better than Elias Harris that LA has access to?  You said all that only to agree with the concept of why he was signed.  Elias Harris may end up being a decent player thats why he was signed.  If he sucks major balls and doesnt develop he's gone next year.  Same goes for Wes Johnson and Nick Young. 

#109 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:58 PM

No Im looking at Johnson & Young who they acquired as potential LAkers as quality role players. Nate Rob was there for taking they passed. There are still better F then him.  I dont understand why he was acquired i made my statement on this season. Your comment about what young talent could be gained to move them in contender doesnt make sense

Nate Robinson wouldn't have accepted our veteran's minimum.  

#110 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:02 PM

You are assuming that Nate even wanted to play for the Lakers.  On top of that he would have had to accept the minimum.  After Dwight walked no one that could have gotten a better more lucrative contract elsewhere with the same role would have came here.  Elias Harris is the type of player LA needs to explore this year.  They aren't winning a championship unless 1-2 stars from about 3-4 teams goes down for good.  The best thing they can do is explore the talent out there, develop them and either bring them back as quality rotation guys or package them for trade in the future...

I understand why this reality is hard to swallow b/c of the historic success but it is what it is.  Kobe and Pau aren't getting any better and the younger guys are better than them now.  LA has lost an elite talent, has 3 picks over the next 6 years to work with and any future success is strongly dependent on landing at least 2 stars in the future via trade or free agency.  Unless someone like Lebron decides to come here next year then in 2015 Pau and Kobe will probably be much to old to consider in the core and will only hurt ability to really rebuild.  You can live in the fantasy, I'll stay in the reality of it.

#111 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,417 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 29, 2013 - 06:26 PM

I don't know why fans complain. We should have made major moves after the Boston championship. We barley got out of that series and struggled to get there. It wasn't even hinesight. I have no problem with others saying we suck. I just want us to get much better sooner than later. I still believe we will be seeded 5 or 6 this year

#112 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 06:56 PM

I hope that rumor that we could have gotten Love for Pau was not true after that CP3 trade fell through...

I don't know why fans complain. We should have made major moves after the Boston championship. We barley got out of that series and struggled to get there. It wasn't even hinesight. I have no problem with others saying we suck. I just want us to get much better sooner than later. I still believe we will be seeded 5 or 6 this year

#113 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2013 - 08:51 PM

I hope that rumor that we could have gotten Love for Pau was not true after that CP3 trade fell through...

Love was having a hard time staying healthy so I'd rather go for him in 2015

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#114 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 04:12 AM

At that time he didnt and anything he would have done on the court was better for the team's future than Pau.  Now Pau is pretty much high priced overused goods.  A trade is a guarantee he's on your team.  You have no idea if he will come in 2015. 

Love was having a hard time staying healthy so I'd rather go for him in 2015

#115 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:59 AM

At that time he didnt and anything he would have done on the court was better for the team's future than Pau.  Now Pau is pretty much high priced overused goods.  A trade is a guarantee he's on your team.  You have no idea if he will come in 2015. 

A trade is a guarantee? haha bad season to say that.  :laughing: and he was injured twice these past two seasons. 

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#116 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,220 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Speak for PAu but none of these young bucks better than Kobe even coming off achilies = I dont know how you say that seriously. SMFH! There was no fantasy from me thats reserved for you, read the comments dont assume. Pau has been trash = hefty bags fro last 2 seasons str8. Ive been wanted to get rid of him == so he isnt the present nor the future. W t F u talking about?

You are assuming that Nate even wanted to play for the Lakers.  On top of that he would have had to accept the minimum.  After Dwight walked no one that could have gotten a better more lucrative contract elsewhere with the same role would have came here.  Elias Harris is the type of player LA needs to explore this year.  They aren't winning a championship unless 1-2 stars from about 3-4 teams goes down for good.  The best thing they can do is explore the talent out there, develop them and either bring them back as quality rotation guys or package them for trade in the future...

I understand why this reality is hard to swallow b/c of the historic success but it is what it is.  Kobe and Pau aren't getting any better and the younger guys are better than them now.  LA has lost an elite talent, has 3 picks over the next 6 years to work with and any future success is strongly dependent on landing at least 2 stars in the future via trade or free agency.  Unless someone like Lebron decides to come here next year then in 2015 Pau and Kobe will probably be much to old to consider in the core and will only hurt ability to really rebuild.  You can live in the fantasy, I'll stay in the reality of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users