Photo

Lakers 2013-2014 Schedule (Open vs. Clippers, Nov. 7 @ Houston)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 06, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Dec 25 vs Miami.

Damnit...another [expletive]ty Christmas this year...

#42 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,040 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted August 06, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Great news!

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, August 06, 2013 - 03:26 PM.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#43 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 06, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Intensely curious to see how Kaman and Hill handle Howard in the Rockets match-ups.

#44 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 10:50 PM

Intensely curious to see how Kaman and Hill handle Howard in the Rockets match-ups.

Personally I hope they handle him with kicks to the face.

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 06, 2013 - 10:51 PM

If they try to play Asik at the 4 I can see us actually running horns quite a bit.

Horns I think is gonna be a bread and butter combo we'll be running next year, likely with either Hill and Gasol or Gasol and Kaman, either one works and it probably depends who the Rockets start.

I fully expect Dwight to "willingly" run pick and rolls in Houston though.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#46 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 06, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Oh yeah, Dwight will be back to his Orlando self in Houston.  He didn't want to be here and played like it (for the most part).  Bums me out, I liked the guy and thought he had more integrity and love for excelling at the game no matter the cost than he does, but oh well, life goes on.

Kaman, despite what a lot of people think is not one to back down in the post easily. Not saying he;'s some quality defender but he has an edge and that will help throughout the year.  Much rather bring him in off the bench behind Pau and run Hill with Pau to start, but it;'s D'Antoni and I don't expect to suddenly understand how to run a team.

Sounds odd, but I'm hoping the Lakers open fairly weak and get that door for D'Antoni's departure open sooner rather than later.  The way the schedule starts out, that could very well happen.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,079 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Oh yeah, Dwight will be back to his Orlando self in Houston.  He didn't want to be here and played like it (for the most part).  Bums me out, I liked the guy and thought he had more integrity and love for excelling at the game no matter the cost than he does, but oh well, life goes on.

Kaman, despite what a lot of people think is not one to back down in the post easily. Not saying he;'s some quality defender but he has an edge and that will help throughout the year.  Much rather bring him in off the bench behind Pau and run Hill with Pau to start, but it;'s D'Antoni and I don't expect to suddenly understand how to run a team.

Sounds odd, but I'm hoping the Lakers open fairly weak and get that door for D'Antoni's departure open sooner rather than later.  The way the schedule starts out, that could very well happen.

After those first 3 games the Lakers could very well win the rest of the month. 

Those 3 starting are gonna be the hardest.

I like the chip Kaman plays with on his shoulder as well.

Even in 2k(grain of salt) depending on the matchup I'll start Kaman and Gasol but Hill will always come off the bench in those scenarios to play 30 mins regardless(basically the Odom role).  It's either that or he starts, which is most of the time.   All depends on what matchups they run or I face.

When the Rockets start Asik and Howard I start Gasol and Kaman if only to start the game and run horns etc.

Edited by Majesty, August 06, 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#48 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:00 AM

i hope they hack the hell out of Dwight

ap1.png

#49 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 11:58 AM

As opposed to the previous schedules in which the beginning and end of the schedules are filled with home games, the schedule this year is relatively more balanced between Home and Away games. Let's see if that can help their confidence. 

#50 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Sun 9 vs Oklahoma City
Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
12:30 PM   broadcast_ABC.gif   Thu 13 @ Oklahoma City
Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK
6:30 PM   broadcast_TNT.gif   Fri 14 @ San Antonio
AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
5:30 PM   NBATV   Wed 19 vs San Antonio
Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

These 4 games will suck if we are fighting for a playoff spot. i hope this isn't the case that late in the year. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#51 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 01:00 PM

These 4 games will suck if we are fighting for a playoff spot. i hope this isn't the case that late in the year. 

I'm actually happy we end with a tough schedule. If the Lakers are poised for the playoffs, then they'll win those games. If not, then we'll see they aren't a playoff team and can hopefully get a higher draft pick.

No point in losing those games (when you're actually trying) and then sneaking into the playoffs.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 01:35 PM

i hope they hack the hell out of Dwight

Gonna' need to use Sacre a lot for the Hack-a-Dwight fouls.

yo.

#53 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 01:57 PM

^ You should make a permanent thread and update it with videos from The Forum or TWCS. Or post in the Purple & Gold TV thread. Having these videos in one place would make it much more organized and can be used as a reference to come back to. 

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:01 PM

^ Decent idea, but they'd get even less hits & views that way. More lost in the shuffle I'm afraid.

yo.

#55 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:08 PM

^ Decent idea, but they'd get even less hits & views that way. More lost in the shuffle I'm afraid.

You could reserve the first two posts to yourself. In the first post, you could post video(s) that are relatively new and write "UPDATED: 8/7/13" near the title whenever you decide to update it. Then in the second post transfer the links from the previous first post. That way the second post is like an archive and the first post contains the most updated videos. 

Or you can even change the title of the thread to the topic of the video(s) every time you update it.

Edited by Clutch Factor, August 07, 2013 - 02:08 PM.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:14 PM

^ Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this, much more than myself at least. Maybe you should do it? Why not? Just subscribe to each's respective channels and stay consistent. Me personally, I'm not just not that up for all of that no offense.

yo.

#57 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:19 PM

^ Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this, much more than myself at least. Maybe you should do it? Why not? Just subscribe to each's respective channels and stay consistent. Me personally, I'm not just not that up for all of that no offense.

Perhaps I will. I just doubt I'll be consistent once college starts. Haha, but if I do, I'll give you credit for making me come up with the idea.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Michael Cooper stops by to talk to Andy Adler about how a player approaches the NBA calendar, challenges the Lakers face this season and much more.

yo.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,079 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Why the heck did Time Warner file copyright claims against it's own youtube page and get it taken down? :laughing:

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 06:32 PM

^ Yeah, just noticed that now, big wtf? Just another sloppy embarrassing blunder on TWC's part once again.

Foody call!

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users