• 40,556 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:57 PM

yo.

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 25, 2013 - 07:37 AM

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

So were not actually tanking because in reality were "PRETENDING NOT TO TANK".

or "We might tank without trying to tank"

or "We may be tanking but were not telling anyone were tanking"

or "We may stink but not on purpose"

Thank you sooooo much to this dude for being real. Some of ya'll are dreamers thinking this roster was put together for a winning purpose...lol.

2014: GET WIGGINS, do or die, feast or famine.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,505 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:28 AM

If we are going to build through the draft we should tank this year. One of the best classes ever, but most don't want to do it. 

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,332 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 25, 2013 - 10:07 AM

Did you guys forget that Mike D Antoni is still the coach?  Did you guys realized that he is coaching for his job next season? Why is it that almost everybody forget who is the coach here.  What makes you think the MDA wants to tank? If the lakers have a bad record, you think they will keep MDA?  This is why the Lakers wont tank unless the players and organization didn't want MDA to know about it. MDA is not coaching to get Wiggins or be the top 10 pick in the draft. He is coaching for his job.  Heck, he might not even last a whole season. 

Its very simple.  If the Lakers have a good record and makes the playoff,  Mike D Antoni will still be the Lakers coach maybe even for another year.  If the lakers end up missing the playoffs, Mike D Antoni will be fired.    So which one do you guys prefer?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#5 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 25, 2013 - 10:10 AM

That's based on the major assumption the Lakers want MDA after this coming season concludes. There is even more reason to believe he won't be here considering the prospects in summer '14 - I doubt Melo or Bron want to play for MDA.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#6 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 25, 2013 - 10:11 AM

The above qualifies for a winning or losing season. Enjoy the face paced masquerade that this season is shaping up to be. Hopefully, MDA will be gone this time next year.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted July 25, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Did you guys forget that Mike D Antoni is still the coach?  Did you guys realized that he is coaching for his job next season? Why is it that almost everybody forget who is the coach here.  What makes you think the MDA wants to tank? If the lakers have a bad record, you think they will keep MDA?  This is why the Lakers wont tank unless the players and organization didn't want MDA to know about it. MDA is not coaching to get Wiggins or be the top 10 pick in the draft. He is coaching for his job.  Heck, he might not even last a whole season. 

Its very simple.  If the Lakers have a good record and makes the playoff,  Mike D Antoni will still be the Lakers coach maybe even for another year.  If the lakers end up missing the playoffs, Mike D Antoni will be fired.    So which one do you guys prefer?

Keeping MDT is an indication were tanking but pretending no to. Just as the guy in the video states. Jmho.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 25, 2013 - 01:52 PM

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:
So were not actually tanking because in reality were "PRETENDING NOT TO TANK".

or "We might tank without trying to tank"
or "We may be tanking but were not telling anyone were tanking"
or "We may stink but not on purpose"

Thank you sooooo much to this dude for being real. Some of ya'll are dreamers thinking this roster was put together for a winning purpose...lol.

2014: GET WIGGINS, do or die, feast or famine.

I don't know.  I think you're misunderstanding what they are saying.

Basically, the idea is that we're putting a product on the floor that isn't going to piss off Kobe, Nash and Gasol (we know for a fact Kobe wants to win every year), but we realize we're not out there to contend...and we're content with it.

However, over and over again, they mention that we aren't tanking.  They say that we may end up in the lottery, unintentionally, but nothing better than a 7th seed...so essentially, in the middle of the pack.

----------

Now, aside from what they are saying, I'll make it pretty simple: if Kobe is going to play, we won't tank.  He's on the final year of his contract, and despite his age and the significant injury, we're going to want him back for at least another two seasons, if he's productive (or nearly back to where he was last year).  He's too big of a merchandise king and a walking billboard not to bring back, at the very least...and if we play bad enough to land a top five pick, it means he sat the entire season.

Andrew Wiggins
Jabari Parker
Julius Randle
Marcus Smart
Andrew Harrison
Willie Cauley-Stein (who I've seen play)

These guys are on everyone's radar...at least two superstars out of the pack, possibly 4-6 all-stars in the entire 2014 Draft (should be the best since 2003, which produced eight).

LA knows it has a chance to get a decent player with a lotto pick, or one just outside of it, if they scout correctly. They could also move up, just slightly, if one of these young guys shows they can ball (ex. Young, Johnson). But teams that "tank" are going after a top three pick, almost guaranteeing them a productive player. That's what tanking is all about in the first place...and I doubt LA is looking in that direction, even though they would love to have Wiggins (like all 29 other teams in the league).

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Keeping MDT is an indication were tanking but pretending no to. Just as the guy in the video states. Jmho.

He states that they aren't championship moves, but he's not saying they are tanking. He said that if you're under some impression that their roster is better than a 7th or 8th seed, then God bless you...then eventually went on to say that the Lakers had to sign Kaman and Young to "pretend like they are trying"...in a sense that (and these are his words) those guys won't take you from a bottom-seeded team (7th or 8th) to a 4th-6th seed out West.

An easier way to state this...the Lakers want Kobe and Co. to feel like they are doing what they can...with what they've got. They could have amnestied Gasol, and suddenly, they would have been in full tank mode, losing Earl Clark in the process and trying to play Jordan Hill and Ron Artest as our C and PF (and not signing Kaman).

But, instead, they kept Gasol after losing Dwight...because they know that they would be an awful team without a seven-footer, even if he doesn't play defense. They know they need a post player, something Jordan Hill really doesn't do well enough to impact our offense.

So, are the Lakers tanking like the Celtics? No way. Boston has nothing, aside from Rondo and Bradley. Charlotte drafted a player that will need some time to develop a bit in Cody Zeller. Cleveland took Bennett. These teams are hoping to land back in the top 3-5.

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:06 PM

Actually RD that's exactly what I believe and what the guy in the vid said. Were gonna tank w/o trying to and w/o telling anyone and by saying the opposite. The end result remains the same. Tank. Draft pick. Wiggins or bust. And now jmho I don't believe Kobe plays next year. And if he does he won't be back till after the ASG. We will be about 20 games under .500. What's the point in coming back and winning games....thus hurting the franchise for 2g14

Edited by LakersGAFan, July 25, 2013 - 02:09 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#11 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,185 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ah I remember those days...they were fun to watch

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:10 PM

Boston has nothing, aside from Rondo and Bradley.

Considering they're still in the weaker overall Eastern Conference, I'm not too sure about that. They've still got Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee, & Kelly Olynyk. They could be at least a little better than what most people seem to be expecting.

yo.

#13 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,222 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:15 PM

If Rondo goes in "[expletive] you" mode for the lack of respect, he is gonna average triple-double with that bunch and drag that team to playoffs. If Boston wants to tank, they might have to trade him.

#14 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Actually RD that's exactly what I believe and what the guy in the vid said. Were gonna tank w/o trying to and w/o telling anyone and by saying the opposite. The end result remains the same. Tank. Draft pick. Wiggins or bust. And now jmho I don't believe Kobe plays next year. And if he does he won't be back till after the ASG. We will be about 20 games under .500. What's the point in coming back and winning games....thus hurting the franchise for 2g14

Wiggins or bust...so, again, why did we spend our mini-MLE on a center, a couple million on two players who could be decent for us (Young and Johnson), and bring back Farmar?  That doesn't make any sense to me.

All our FO had to do was simply say that we needed to get under the tax threshold, to avoid the repeater tax (we NEED to, badly)...but they likely won't.  That's damaging.

Hell, we could have still amnestied Ron, made people think we wanted to win with Kobe/Gasol/Nash, but avoid using that $3 million on Kaman...yet, we did.

We're also flipping assistant coaches, which costs money.

Just an FYI...even without Kobe until the ASW, this team will not have the worst record in the NBA.  Gasol, Nash, Kaman, Young, Johnson, Hill, possibly Daye, and Blake will not be the worst squad in the NBA, and once Kobe returns, they aren't a 15-20 win team.

So if it's Wiggins or bust, I hope they plan on...

1) sitting Kobe the full 82 games, and

2) Nash retiring and/or Gasol injuring himself

Otherwise, they have no shot at him.  Every GM in the NBA knows teams are going to tank harder than ever this season.

#15 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,726 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 25, 2013 - 03:14 PM

I think tanking is ridiculous 

ap1.png

#16 J2theR_LAL

J2theR_LAL

Rookie

• 319 posts
  • Name:Ismael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq.

Posted July 25, 2013 - 04:30 PM

Eddie was on the rise until Kobe showed up in town and he was thrown out like yesterdays garb.
Around this time was when i got hooked on Laker bball (pre kobe)

Ah I remember those days...they were fun to watch

vid

#17 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 05:03 PM

Wiggins or bust...so, again, why did we spend our mini-MLE on a center, a couple million on two players who could be decent for us (Young and Johnson), and bring back Farmar?  That doesn't make any sense to me.

All our FO had to do was simply say that we needed to get under the tax threshold, to avoid the repeater tax (we NEED to, badly)...but they likely won't.  That's damaging.

Hell, we could have still amnestied Ron, made people think we wanted to win with Kobe/Gasol/Nash, but avoid using that $3 million on Kaman...yet, we did.

We're also flipping assistant coaches, which costs money.

Just an FYI...even without Kobe until the ASW, this team will not have the worst record in the NBA.  Gasol, Nash, Kaman, Young, Johnson, Hill, possibly Daye, and Blake will not be the worst squad in the NBA, and once Kobe returns, they aren't a 15-20 win team.

So if it's Wiggins or bust, I hope they plan on...

1) sitting Kobe the full 82 games, and
2) Nash retiring and/or Gasol injuring himself

Otherwise, they have no shot at him.  Every GM in the NBA knows teams are going to tank harder than ever this season.

again I totally agree man. But I wish the Lakers would step off their high horse. Face reality that the new set of rules and Nazi commissioner won't let the LAL do tomorrow what they did 10, 20 or 30 years ago to win. I want them to sit Kobe because there's no pint in winning 35-40 games. I want Pau traded for any picks we could use as a package to trade up. And with Nash....no options there but I wish we could buy him out and release him. I want a 100% tank. Not the undercover half hearted tank the guy in the vid describes.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,518 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 25, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Strongly agree man.  I want to remember Kobe at the top of his game.  He isnt going to lead the Lakers to a ring even in last year's state.  Its ok to admit that.  I want them to rebuild as fast as possible with a new nucleus. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Why the Jeff Green hate?

I like Rondo and Bradley, but Jeff in my opinion is better than Avery. Then let's not forget that they still have Gerald Wallace and Kris Humproes as of now. There is also a young guy named Jared Sullinger who was solid for them last season I don't like Fab Melo thoguh, but the East is smaller, so they can get away with a smaller line up.

Depending on when Rondo returns, I think they have a chance to be about the same as they were last season.

Oops, I forgot their coach. they don't have the type of vets who can change up the game like Kobe did, yeah, it might be a wrap for theem.

though, if they run and run and run, they can beat a lot of teams in the East doing that.

#20 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 01:35 AM

Kobe slows the rebuilding process, and make the Lakers count totally on FA while trying to get some draft through trades..

I'd love seeing Kobe being in top of his game while we start to contend again, its a far reach but not impossible.. 1 or 2 trades away would make us in contention again,,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arash Markazi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users