• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Bynum is all talk. He hasn't done anything for 2 years, and he has no right to talk [expletive] to fans. The people in Philadelphia are great fans, but he wouldn't know anything about them because he never played are tried too. I could also care less about this fool sending subliminals at the Lakers fanbase. The only reason people talked about him last year was for which hairstyle he would have going that week. So, you can kiss ass all you want in Cleveland...Bynum.

Edited by Chad, July 25, 2013 - 08:22 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#42 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Drew's mentality was that he was an unfinished product and actually wanted to work hard to strive to be the man one day.  

In a world where everyone and their mother says "I am a max contract franchise player" it was a breath of fresh air to hear someone say "I'm not there yet, if anything I'm an accessory to a actual franchise player" and want to work hard to change that.

Dwight's mentality was that he was a finished product and it was everyone's else fault if the team lost and wanted to get Kobe out rather than take the team from him while making fun of him and his winning mentality behind his back. 

Bynum never once asked Kobe to be hard on him and Kobe was hard on him, asked him to be shipped out, Bynum took that and became what he became. 

Dwight out and out ASKED Kobe to be hard on him and to teach him what it meant to be the man. 

Suddenly he can't take it and bolts LA first chance he gets after one season of it. 

Dwight feels he's a winner no matter what he accomplishes in his career going forward and whether we win or lose doesn't seem to matter to him unless it somehow reflects negatively on him.    But the guy out and out ASKED to be mentored by Kobe, but then suddenly refuses to learn from him.  Not to mentioning shunning Steve Nash who was trying to help him with his free throw shooting and then at the end of the season calling him a bad teammate.... 

Compare it to when LeBron was struggling with his free throws and Ray Allen wanted to help him... he TOOK the advice.

But Steve Nash offers to help Dwight with his free throws and it's "I can't be listening to nobody else."..... really?

When we lost as a team he'd only complain about HIS stats, and HIS touches, when Nash didn't find him on pick and rolls it was NASH's fault not his and people hated that he was never able to play mean with a chip on his shoulder....  

Bynum always played with a chip on his shoulder, losing seemed to bother him, and he never seemed satisfied even when he had a good game and the team won, and pissed people off because of wanting to expand his game.   Guy had a career night and instead of taking it in and being happy he was mad about his poor shooting. 

I'll take Bynum's mentality over Dwight's any day.  

Bynum does have to mature and needed to commit more on the defensive end but darn if the guy didn't always play with a chip on his shoulder most of the time.  

And honestly I miss that we had a center with the mentality that after a loss he says. "We [expletive] up. I [expletive]'d up. I shot like [expletive].  I need to get better here.  I need to rebound the [expletive] ball.  I need to focus on defense more. If I did "this" more it would help the team."  over the guy that after each loss said "we just can't lose faith. Rome wasn't built in a day.  We just can't lose faith in each other or faith in this team."  with a fake smile on his face. 

It was just weird to me how some fans used to always bash Bynum for being hard to talk to after losses saying that he shouldn't be so emotional and how sometimes it could alienate reporters.

And then we got Dwight who treated every loss as an "oh well" and people complained he wasn't passionate or serious enough.  

Oh well.  I actually liked his mentality over Dwight's

Dwight is the better player but I honestly if I compare the two's mentality as Lakers, I preferred the without filter "I can do this better" Bynum.  Over the "We can't lose faith in this team(BUT IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT)" Dwight Howard. 

+1 anyway.

I guess if you want the guy that doesn't like to play basketball....sure

#43 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:18 PM

High expectations come with high emotions. I hate to quote Dwight Coward, but LA really is the best place in the world when you are winning. As a player, you will get absolutely eviscerated by the fan base if you are contributing to losses. 

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 09:59 PM

VTB weighs in:

:vic2:

yo.

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 03:14 PM

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users