#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 24, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Gonna defend Bynum just a little bit here. I do feel to an extent a lot of the bashing he gets is self inflicted, but at the same time I feel he is OVER-criticized a lot as well.

The guy came back from two knee surgeries and worked hard on his game after Kobe said to ship him out and became the 2nd best center in the NBA.

But when he left everyone said he had no heart, no determination and hated the game of basketball. 

If he had no desire to play the game of basketball he wouldn't have taken Kobe's words to heart, worked hard, or even gotten to the level he did, and he showed heart when he played against Boston in the 2010 Finals with an injury and played his heart out despite cringing every time he went up an down the court.

If he hated the game of basketball and had no heart he wouldn't have done that.

Back then we appreciated him for doing that and showing heart, not only that we also were high on him the both years he was playing well before getting injured.     But the last season with us despite being the 2nd best player on our team(which says a lot about our roster as well as Gasol's decline) we talked him up all year and even in the playoffs I saw fans hyping him, heck I was one of them.  People even talked about his desire to win far back as that Pistons game when he was yelling at Derrick Fisher to not give a shooter so much space cause he wanted to win the game while giving us a 30/14 3 block performance during it.  But then he had one bad performance in the last Thunder game and everyone tried to make that what his entire playoff was. 

And then when we signed Dwight Howard we basically treated Bynum like he was nothing, called him garbage, suddenly forgot the heart he had showed for us before, and how he was someone that could actually deal with Kobe's criticism's and became a better player, we forgot all the times we said he was the 2nd best center in the league, we forgot all the credit we gave him for playing through injury and we forgot how he returned from 2 knee surgeries to play for us and that if he HATED the game of Basketball he'd have been gone after the first knee surgery and probably wouldn't have even played in the finals for or with us. 

Honestly if I was Bynum I'd feel that way too.  He gave us plenty of things to cheer about but the problem was we acted as if they never happened off of one or two bad performances while we still apologize for Pau Gasol 5 years later and acted like a guy like Bynum grows on trees.

Guess what.. they don't.  There isn't a center in the 2014 or the 2015 free agency at the Center position that will net us a guaranteed 18/12 that's the unfortunate truth. Some people are HOPING we sign Cousins.. COUSINS because of this.. 

Cousins?  He's more of a headcase that we accuse Bynum of being X_X

BUT.... some of the things that come out of his mouth are the reason people talk about the way he plays.  

But I don't forget, that he was probably our 2nd best player for 2 of the last 3 years especially in Pau's decline so I'm not gonna act like I didn't support him when he was a Laker or that I didn't like some of the big games he had for us(game winner against the Celtics is a fave cause it was the freaking Celtics lol). 

But yeah, I can completely understand why he didn't feel embraced here, or that it was something short lived the moment he screwed up in any way.   But he didn't run away from it.   He really didn't give a hoot what people thought he went out there and he played well enough to be called the second best center in the league and become an all-star.  He didn't run away or ask for a trade or need Kobe to be amnestied or ask the Lakers to change their offense for him. Phil decided that, not him.  

He acknowledged himself he wasn't a franchise player at his final presser and said he had more work to do to get there cause at the moment he was an 'accessory' to a franchise player and wanted to get better.  In fact his "kobe stunted my growth" comment was him basically describing how great Kobe was and how easy he can make the game for centers. It was a compliment and Bynum was comparing a world with Kobe as easier to one without which he had because he was in Philly at the time but he was hoping that in his time without Kobe it would force him to work on other aspects of his game so that he COULD become a franchise player. I saw not a lot wrong with this comment but everyone interpreted it as him bashing Kobe rather than watching the entire interview or context.

Call me crazy but I liked his brutal honesty over the fake smile, and repetitive PC answers of he who must not be named.     Would rather have the guy who has a career night but says he played like [expletive] because he didn't get enough defensive rebounds over the guy that blames everyone BUT himself for a bad performance.

There is a reason why when Metta was asked before the season start why he felt a system with Nash, Kobe and Bynum would be a great team.  But then when Bynum was traded for Dwight, Metta was asked the same question and he went "uh...we'll be..we'll be alright."  and seemed really passive about his answer.   But then at the end of the season he says that Dwight basically couldn't handle Kobe, as well as not having the (you know what) to try to TAKE a team from him and be "that guy".   He liked Bynum cause Bynum did want to be "that guy" and he acknowledged he had a ways to go rather than trying to say he was a finished product already and blaming his teammates for losses, he blamed himself in victories.  There's a reason Metta liked Bynum and was either or about Howard. Metta recognizes bull[expletive] just like Kobe and Nash.

I appreciated him(Bynum) while he was a Laker and will always appreciate the heart he played with in the 2010 season and how good he became after Kobe said to "ship him out".   Kobe said "ship him out", a few months later Kobe said Bynum was the "kind of center you dream about.".  That's a BIG change, and Kobe has no filter so yeah and it also shows that Bynum wasn't as mentally fragile as people try to act like he was.  Not like the guy who ASKED Kobe to be hard on him and then takes the first ticket out of town cause he couldn't take it.    Like I said, I liked the kid the moment Shaq posterized him and then he went right back at Shaq as an 17/18 year old.   That said a lot about him.   Then I look at the other guy who got dunked on by Kobe and then walked around with his head down embarrassed and then look at what he did this year for us and how he left and I question who is the mentally stronger guy now...and I never thought I would :( 

Yeah he(Bynum) says some things he should remain silent on, and yeah he has no filter, but neither does Kobe so I'm not gonna hate Bynum for saying how he honestly feels regardless on if I agree or not.

Would rather he did that over faking happiness for the camera's, causing distension on the locker room with his teammates, talking about teammates behind their back, making fun of them hoping it doesn't get back to them and blaming them if he doesn't play good all while smiling for the cameras.    The reality is that IF Bynum is healthy or plays a marginally healthy season.  The Cavs are a threat in the East. 

Like my dad said, he'd rather take a [expletive] hole that was honest about being a [expletive] hole.  Over the [expletive] hole that tries to act like the opposite.

All that said, do I think we were better with him than with Dwight?   HECK FREAKING NO!!!  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 24, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Gonna defend Bynum just a little bit here. I do feel to an extent a lot of the bashing he gets is self inflicted, but at the same time I feel he is OVER-criticized a lot as well.

The guy came back from two knee surgeries and worked hard on his game after Kobe said to ship him out and became the 2nd best center in the NBA.

But when he left everyone said he had no heart, no determination and hated the game of basketball. 

If he had no desire to play the game of basketball he wouldn't have taken Kobe's words to heart, worked hard, or even gotten to the level he did, and he showed heart when he played against Boston in the 2010 Finals with an injury and played his heart out despite cringing every time he went up an down the court.

If he hated the game of basketball and had no heart he wouldn't have done that.

Back then we appreciated him for doing that and showing heart, not only that we also were high on him the both years he was playing well before getting injured.     But the last season with us despite being the 2nd best player on our team(which says a lot about our roster as well as Gasol's decline) we talked him up all year and even in the playoffs I saw fans hyping him, heck I was one of them.  People even talked about his desire to win far back as that Pistons game when he was yelling at Derrick Fisher to not give a shooter so much space cause he wanted to win the game while giving us a 30/14 3 block performance during it.  But then he had one bad performance in the last Thunder game and everyone tried to make that what his entire playoff was. 

And then when we signed Dwight Howard we basically treated Bynum like he was nothing, called him garbage, suddenly forgot the heart he had showed for us before, and how he was someone that could actually deal with Kobe's criticism's and became a better player, we forgot all the times we said he was the 2nd best center in the league, we forgot all the credit we gave him for playing through injury and we forgot how he returned from 2 knee surgeries to play for us and that if he HATED the game of Basketball he'd have been gone after the first knee surgery and probably wouldn't have even played in the finals for or with us. 

Honestly if I was Bynum I'd feel that way too.  He gave us plenty of things to cheer about but the problem was we acted as if they never happened off of one or two bad performances while we still apologize for Pau Gasol 5 years later and acted like a guy like Bynum grows on trees.

Guess what.. they don't.  There isn't a center in the 2014 or the 2015 free agency at the Center position that will net us a guaranteed 18/12 that's the unfortunate truth. Some people are HOPING we sign Cousins.. COUSINS because of this.. 

Cousins?  He's more of a headcase that we accuse Bynum of being X_X

BUT.... some of the things that come out of his mouth are the reason people talk about the way he plays.  

But I don't forget, that he was probably our 2nd best player for 2 of the last 3 years especially in Pau's decline so I'm not gonna act like I didn't support him when he was a Laker or that I didn't like some of the big games he had for us(game winner against the Celtics is a fave cause it was the freaking Celtics lol). 

But yeah, I can completely understand why he didn't feel embraced here, or that it was something short lived the moment he screwed up in any way.   But he didn't run away from it.   He really didn't give a hoot what people thought he went out there and he played well enough to be called the second best center in the league and become an all-star.  He didn't run away or ask for a trade or need Kobe to be amnestied or ask the Lakers to change their offense for him. Phil decided that, not him.  

He acknowledged himself he wasn't a franchise player at his final presser and said he had more work to do to get there cause at the moment he was an 'accessory' to a franchise player and wanted to get better.  In fact his "kobe stunted my growth" comment was him basically describing how great Kobe was and how easy he can make the game for centers. It was a compliment and Bynum was comparing a world with Kobe as easier to one without which he had because he was in Philly at the time but he was hoping that in his time without Kobe it would force him to work on other aspects of his game so that he COULD become a franchise player. I saw not a lot wrong with this comment but everyone interpreted it as him bashing Kobe rather than watching the entire interview or context.

Call me crazy but I liked his brutal honesty over the fake smile, and repetitive PC answers of he who must not be named.     Would rather have the guy who has a career night but says he played like [expletive] because he didn't get enough defensive rebounds over the guy that blames everyone BUT himself for a bad performance.

There is a reason why when Metta was asked before the season start why he felt a system with Nash, Kobe and Bynum would be a great team.  But then when Bynum was traded for Dwight, Metta was asked the same question and he went "uh...we'll be..we'll be alright."  and seemed really passive about his answer.   But then at the end of the season he says that Dwight basically couldn't handle Kobe, as well as not having the (you know what) to try to TAKE a team from him and be "that guy".   He liked Bynum cause Bynum did want to be "that guy" and he acknowledged he had a ways to go rather than trying to say he was a finished product already and blaming his teammates for losses, he blamed himself in victories.  There's a reason Metta liked Bynum and was either or about Howard. Metta recognizes bull[expletive] just like Kobe and Nash.

I appreciated him(Bynum) while he was a Laker and will always appreciate the heart he played with in the 2010 season and how good he became after Kobe said to "ship him out".   Kobe said "ship him out", a few months later Kobe said Bynum was the "kind of center you dream about.".  That's a BIG change, and Kobe has no filter so yeah and it also shows that Bynum wasn't as mentally fragile as people try to act like he was.  Not like the guy who ASKED Kobe to be hard on him and then takes the first ticket out of town cause he couldn't take it.    Like I said, I liked the kid the moment Shaq posterized him and then he went right back at Shaq as an 17/18 year old.   That said a lot about him.   Then I look at the other guy who got dunked on by Kobe and then walked around with his head down embarrassed and then look at what he did this year for us and how he left and I question who is the mentally stronger guy now...and I never thought I would :( 

Yeah he(Bynum) says some things he should remain silent on, and yeah he has no filter, but neither does Kobe so I'm not gonna hate Bynum for saying how he honestly feels regardless on if I agree or not.

Would rather he did that over faking happiness for the camera's, causing distension on the locker room with his teammates, talking about teammates behind their back, making fun of them hoping it doesn't get back to them and blaming them if he doesn't play good all while smiling for the cameras.    The reality is that IF Bynum is healthy or plays a marginally healthy season.  The Cavs are a threat in the East. 

Like my dad said, he'd rather take a [expletive] hole that was honest about being a [expletive] hole.  Over the [expletive] hole that tries to act like the opposite.

All that said, do I think we were better with him than with Dwight?   HECK FREAKING NO!!!  

Id take Dwights mentality and attitude over Drews.

Dwight actually enjoys basketball while Drew doesn't.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,026 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Id take Dwights mentality and attitude over Drews.

Dwight actually enjoys basketball while Drew doesn't.

Dwight enjoys basketball when he's not surrounded by better leaders than him ;)

#25 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Idiot. He has no reason to bad mouth LA. Look in the mirror, foo

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#26 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:06 PM

Dwight enjoys basketball when he's not surrounded by better leaders than him ;)

Still better than Drew's mentality 

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Laker fans: We want Dwight

Dwight comes: We want Dwight to play like Bynum mixed with Dwight

he has a point, our fanbase is annoying as hell and will drive more stars out of town or to feel some type of way about the city.

pau has gotten bashed. Kobe STILL has haters after being the BEST of an ERA. Every coach is criticized, even Phil. Our front office can never do enough. We win more than anyone else and as soon as we lose, people [expletive] and complain.

I agree, we have the worst fanbase in the NBA aside from Miami

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,026 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Still better than Drew's mentality 

Drew's mentality was that he was an unfinished product and actually wanted to work hard to strive to be the man one day.  

In a world where everyone and their mother says "I am a max contract franchise player" it was a breath of fresh air to hear someone say "I'm not there yet, if anything I'm an accessory to a actual franchise player" and want to work hard to change that.

Dwight's mentality was that he was a finished product and it was everyone's else fault if the team lost and wanted to get Kobe out rather than take the team from him while making fun of him and his winning mentality behind his back. 

Bynum never once asked Kobe to be hard on him and Kobe was hard on him, asked him to be shipped out, Bynum took that and became what he became. 

Dwight out and out ASKED Kobe to be hard on him and to teach him what it meant to be the man. 

Suddenly he can't take it and bolts LA first chance he gets after one season of it. 

Dwight feels he's a winner no matter what he accomplishes in his career going forward and whether we win or lose doesn't seem to matter to him unless it somehow reflects negatively on him.    But the guy out and out ASKED to be mentored by Kobe, but then suddenly refuses to learn from him.  Not to mentioning shunning Steve Nash who was trying to help him with his free throw shooting and then at the end of the season calling him a bad teammate.... 

Compare it to when LeBron was struggling with his free throws and Ray Allen wanted to help him... he TOOK the advice.

But Steve Nash offers to help Dwight with his free throws and it's "I can't be listening to nobody else."..... really?

When we lost as a team he'd only complain about HIS stats, and HIS touches, when Nash didn't find him on pick and rolls it was NASH's fault not his and people hated that he was never able to play mean with a chip on his shoulder....  

Bynum always played with a chip on his shoulder, losing seemed to bother him, and he never seemed satisfied even when he had a good game and the team won, and pissed people off because of wanting to expand his game.   Guy had a career night and instead of taking it in and being happy he was mad about his poor shooting. 

I'll take Bynum's mentality over Dwight's any day.  

Bynum does have to mature and needed to commit more on the defensive end but darn if the guy didn't always play with a chip on his shoulder most of the time.  

And honestly I miss that we had a center with the mentality that after a loss he says. "We [expletive] up. I [expletive]'d up. I shot like [expletive].  I need to get better here.  I need to rebound the [expletive] ball.  I need to focus on defense more. If I did "this" more it would help the team."  over the guy that after each loss said "we just can't lose faith. Rome wasn't built in a day.  We just can't lose faith in each other or faith in this team."  with a fake smile on his face. 

It was just weird to me how some fans used to always bash Bynum for being hard to talk to after losses saying that he shouldn't be so emotional and how sometimes it could alienate reporters.

And then we got Dwight who treated every loss as an "oh well" and people complained he wasn't passionate or serious enough.  

Oh well.  I actually liked his mentality over Dwight's. 

Dwight is the better player but I honestly if I compare the two's mentality as Lakers, I preferred the without filter "I can do this better" Bynum.  Over the "We can't lose faith in this team(BUT IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT)" Dwight Howard. 

+1 anyway.

Edited by Majesty, July 24, 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#29 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,247 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Laker fans: We want Dwight

Dwight comes: We want Dwight to play like Bynum mixed with Dwight

he has a point, our fanbase is annoying as hell and will drive more stars out of town or to feel some type of way about the city.

pau has gotten bashed. Kobe STILL has haters after being the BEST of an ERA. Every coach is criticized, even Phil. Our front office can never do enough. We win more than anyone else and as soon as we lose, people [expletive] and complain.

I agree, we have the worst fanbase in the NBA aside from Miami

That is a load of crud.  All of this is. All fanbases are essentially the same... minus a few differences here and there

ap1.png

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Side note on bynum. My brothers close friend is a ball boy on the sixers, and he said just how much of a slack off bynum was. He would give ball boys 100 dollar bill to go pick him up a bottle before the game and tell em to keep the change. Would also smoke and get high before some games. Basically instead of trying to get his stuff together dude was busy getting drunk and high on the sidelines. Who cares what he is talking about when he said supportive fans, dude doesnt give it his all he doesnt deserve what he is complaining about.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 24, 2013 - 08:42 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,026 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Before anyone bash's our fanbase one should look at how Chicago and their fans treated Derrick Rose while he sat out this year after everything he's given for that franchise.

I'm willing to bet that a majority of Lakers fans wouldn't make fun of Kobe sitting out games in the season the way that the Bulls fans made of Derrick Rose. 

Like I said, the way they treated him it wouldn't surprise me if he bolted at some point.

#32 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Side note on bynum. My brothers close friend is a ball boy on the sixers, and he said just how much of a slack off bynum was. He would give ball boys 100 dollar bill to go pick him up a bottle before the game and tell em to keep the change. Would also smoke and get high before some games. Basically instead of trying to get his stuff together dude was busy getting drunk and high on the sidelines. Who cares what he is talking about when he said supportive fans, dude doesnt give it his all he doesnt deserve what he is complaining about.

Lol

#33 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,908 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Basketball IQ you know that by your statement you're counting yourself amongst this supposed "worst fan base in the NBA" right?

I agree with Rob Blake.

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Spurs fans are extremely thankful . I can say the same about the Thunder. I can say the same about the ORIGINAL Clippers fans. I can say the same about a number of fan bases. Maybe, I judge the fanbase TOO much off radio and these sites, but the SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT is SICKENING and it's really just a microcosm of this country. people just look around and think " We're supposed to be number one". Meanwhile, what are YOU doing to help things get better?

Watching Esny, and allowing them to manipulate a great deal of what is considered a great run.

I look at this stage of the Lakers as the Kobe era, and obviously this is the end of that chapter. His 5 rings, 7 Finals appearances, missing the playoffs once and that was due to an injury on the back end off the season. The great individual performances of him and the surrounding characters of the time.

Kobe being THE ULTIMATE WINNER OF HIS ERA,but given that the 90s were the era I first got into basketball. So seeing the Lakers get to the playoffs every year, seemed to inspire NO anger in the city. It was just a "Get them next year" type of mentality. There was a LOVE for Nick Van Exel that I can't describe.

As ESPN grew, certain narratives grew. When Kobe and Shaq got together, ever season the Lakers didn't win from then on was deemed a failure until 2008. No year meant ANYTHING except the Three-peat, the Repeat and Kobe's lone MVP season.

The WRITER's who vote on ESPN, writing the narratives.

I'm a Laker fan. The guy who got me 5 parades is my guy. If his last years aren't the best, in the sense that he doesn't end up with another ring, I can live with the entire body of work. As Kobe leaves, the next guy or group of guys have to prove themselves. That's how it is.

The anger NOW, it makes me physiologically sick

#35 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,561 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted July 24, 2013 - 10:08 PM

I feel the same way about him as he does about us. Never fully embraced the purple and gold. BS comments like "there's a bank in every city".

I still hope he does well in Cleveland, because when he's healthy and focused he's fun to watch.

#36 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted July 25, 2013 - 02:43 AM

OK Bynum, have fun in that [expletive] hole Cleveland...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#37 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,432 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 25, 2013 - 04:06 AM

To be devils advocate, in reflection to what Drew's point is we are the fan base that boos individual Lakers players at a championship celebration.

#38 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:13 AM

I seen them but I went to my first laker game last year vs the clippers and I I thought it was gonna be loud and all crazy but it was dead and quiet that you could hear the fire mike brown chants from the other side of the Stadium . I expected to be like the Kobe and shaq days lol I was let down

I know that the lakers crowd is not loud like OKC or Golden State and dont have the "college atmophere" but it doesnt mean the crowd never stand up and cheer for the team.  If the Lakers are winning and if it is a close game in the 4th quarter, expect more than 80% of fans in the crowd standing throughout.  I went to a playoff game and the rest of the 4th quarter almost everybody including celebrities standing. They only sit down when there is a timeout.  You can't based on a Paris Hilton or a Justin Beiber who is only there for the cameras and say that those are lakers fans or lakers crowd.  Thats why Bynum is so off based.  We are 10 times better than the Atlanta crowd thats for sure.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#39 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:36 AM

The people who said the Lakers fanbase is the worst fanbase in the league makes me sick.  You need to stop being a lakers fan immediately.  I've been a lakers fan since 1985 and throughout the years I truely believe we are one of the best fan base in the nation. We have a bad rep for being bandwagoners and fareweather but its not true.

You know which fan base is the most bandwagon fanbase of all time? Clipper fans.  They are one of the worst fanbase.  Majority of them go for the clippers ONLY because they hate the lakers. What kind of crap is that? Majority of them go for the clippers because they dont want to be part of the "crowd" in LA that goes for the lakers. What kind of crap is that? Now just because the clippers have a better team than the lakers, all of a sudden there are so many clipper fans reppresentin the clippers. Talk about bandwaggoners.  I dont remember seeing so many clipper fans when Danny Manning was a clipper or Elton Brand.  

Now some of you idiot said we have the worst fan base because we don't cheer loud enough? You kidding me? Just because celebrities are in the crowd and most of them only there for pictures and cameras shouldn't be lumped in with real Lakers fan base. I've nbeen to 5 lakers game and all of them have crowds cheering on top of their lungs.  Standing up and even cussing out the players. Thats passion.  You want to know which fan base doesn't give a crap about their team? Bobcats and Hawks fanbase.  If the team suck, they dont care. If the team wins, they dont care.  Lakers fans criticising the lakers because we give a damn.  And for you idiot to say we have the worst fanbase need to slap yourself in the face. Or meet me in person and i can do it for you. 

Lakers fans are one of the best fans in the world. We have the most fans in the world.  We like winners and we like success. Is it a crime to enjoy success and have high expectations?  So you saying to be a good fanbase we need to expect less from our team? Your want us to be one of those bobcat fans who couldnt care less if team wins or lose? You want a fanbase to not critisize and bash players just because they actually gives a crap about how this franchise is going? Is that a good fanbase to you? 

So please STFU and stop bashing Lakers fans.  You guys need to STFU!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#40 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted July 25, 2013 - 07:32 AM

Maybe if you tried every game you would've gotten more support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users