Photo

Delonte West Hopes To Get Another Shot In NBA

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 01:34 PM

http://blacksportson...er-shot-in-nba/

“I had tears in my eyes watching games this past year—not because I’m bipolar, but because I’m sitting at home and miss the game” West says. “When my agent calls, I’m going to be on the next flight. Not to be cocky, but some teams that are trying to win are one guard away, one guy that can make a couple great plays away from going to the Finals.

“Well, I’m right here,” he continues. “Y’all know it and I know it.”

“When I get another chance, I’m going to put the blinders on,” vows West. “After this, I’m just breaking free of that stigma, letting stuff go, putting that stuff behind me. I’m going to show that I’ve grown, stats-wise and person-wise.”

delonte-west-hopes-to-get-another-shot-N
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Career average:

10 points (FG% 45) (3PT% 37) (FT% 83)

4 assists

1 steal

27 MPG.

yo.

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,254 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 22, 2013 - 01:37 PM

we have a lot of guards.. but eff it. I'll take him for a one year deal.. trade blake by trade deadline. *idk how good he is defensively?

ap1.png

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 01:39 PM

*idk how good he is defensively?

Very good. Always been one of his strengths in fact. He's solid on both ends of the floor and clutch too. He can create his own shot pretty well also.

yo.

#4 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 22, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Lakers should send him an invite. If he plays up to the standards we are looking for sign him. 

Delonte-West-Photoshops-4.jpg

delonte-west-desperado1.jpg

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,122 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted July 22, 2013 - 02:04 PM

give him a camp invite?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 22, 2013 - 02:18 PM

give him a camp invite?

Yes, doubt he would be imposed to the ideal, he did play in the d league team for the Mavs last year. Have to take any opportunity one can get, because of the past mistake he has made. 

I would sign him, but I'm assuming to potential teams such as Lakers, he has to prove himself again and show he won't be a headache or trouble maker. We are guard heavy too. 

Edited by Jee, July 22, 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#7 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,919 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 22, 2013 - 02:20 PM

He can come back to the NBA as long as he stays far, far away from the Lakers.

Aside from his broken brain and quickly deteriorating skills, at some point someone's gotta get him a napkin so he can wipe that hot sauce off his damn mouth.

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 22, 2013 - 02:37 PM

I would want him if we had Phil.

#9 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2013 - 03:00 PM

He plays good defense and I wanted him on the team last year, but I don't know how well he fits in with D'Antoni 

#10 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 23, 2013 - 02:20 PM

very sad I remembering seeing him & Jamear live back when they used to play Duquesne & he always stood out to me. I didnt know anything about him being cr8z at the time. But he has too much skill to not give a shot

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#11 LakersCeb

LakersCeb

Rookie

• 95 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:28 PM

Dude is a beast posting at the left block. You should see some highlights. He knows how to create space but he is a troublemaker so pass...

#12 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,712 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:42 PM

No reason to take a 30 year old high risk player. We have many players at his position so there is absolutely no point to get the guy. 

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,821 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:45 PM

He is a solid role player, problem is he doesnt bring a good energy to the locker room and that is a top priority when you get a role player. I like his game a lot, but the problems he brings alone negates what he brings to the floor.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:52 PM

He's a somewhat newly married man now and has at least a kid. You can tell with that combined with what he says in the article, that might've changed him for the better now. He may have a better & healthier perspective on life.

I'd still give him a shot for the vets min. Again, so much to gain, so little to lose.

yo.

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,821 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:55 PM

He's a somewhat newly married man now and has at least a kid. You can tell with that combined with what he says in the article, that might've changed him for the better now. He may have a better & healthier perspective on life.

I'd still give him a shot for the vets min. Again, so much to gain, so little to lose.

Yea I have to agree with you here. It is easy for someone to say they changed though proving it is much harder. I would give him a shot as well. Like a lot of people on the board are saying this year is an experiment anyway, might as well take on a few more test subjects.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:58 PM

^ Although he'd be the highest risk of them all, he'd easily be the highest reward (potentially).

I really wish our [expletive]in' fo would've prioritized defense just at least a little. We could've have both K-Mart & D-West. Real Deal wanted them too. Pisses me off.

yo.

#17 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,821 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:02 PM

^ Although he'd be the highest risk of them all, he'd easily be the highest reward (potentially).

I really wish our [expletive]in' fo would've prioritized defense just at least a little. We could've have both K-Mart & D-West. Real Deal wanted them too. Pisses me off.

Never underestimate your ability to bring up K mart lol

No I agree though. It is frustarting that defense isnt something that is focused on. Looking at our team its not like hey we are gonna go out and drop 105 points a night. Our offense is just average compared to high powered offenses so a strong defense would really help improve our team.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 24, 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#18 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,534 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:08 PM

you guys are more willing to welcome this nutcase than you were a legend in AI a few seasons ago lol..come on now

next.

bw1wOGf.png

#19 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,821 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:15 PM

you guys are more willing to welcome this nutcase than you were a legend in AI a few seasons ago lol..come on now

next.

Legend in AI? You mean a glorified Monte Ellis? I watched that guy alot, was really overrated. The best volume shooter of all time, if that is a title you call legend then yea. He was a real nut case though and an ass hole to boot. Never forget when I was younger and was in a car he sped past me and my dad in his Bentley nevertheless, and gave a dirty look and then cut us off. Dude was a straight up douche. Saying any of this stuff around Philly is blasphemous but its true.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,075 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Legend in AI? You mean a glorified Monte Ellis? I watched that guy alot, was really overrated. The best volume shooter of all time, if that is a title you call legend then yea. He was a real nut case though and an ass hole to boot. Never forget when I was younger and was in a car he sped past me and my dad in his Bentley nevertheless, and gave a dirty look and then cut us off. Dude was a straight up douche. Saying any of this stuff around Philly is blasphemous but its true.

You just called Allen iverson a glorified Monta Ellis...

36159799.jpg

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users