70 replies to this topic

#61 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 23, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Ok. i have seen a ton of ball.

i have come to the conclusion that LeBron,Durant, CP3, Billups and a few others get more calls than other stars and Kobe gets less calls.

i didn't say bias, I just notice what I see. I don't really care what you think

Billups getting more calls then kobe? Haha wat is u smokin?? Star players always get the benefit kobe gets plenty of calls goin his way he gets more then alot of people

#62 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 23, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Explain this

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nepmd2ygMK4

Ur the kinda ppl that ruin sports with conspiracy theories. Just shut up and enjoy the exitement and un real moments sports gives

#63 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 23, 2013 - 09:41 AM

You got it wrong = you are exactly the type of fan that is ruining the game & allowing the NBA to constantly get away with their cheating ways cause you turn your blind ignorant eye. Just keep lying to yourself lame.

Ur the kinda ppl that ruin sports with conspiracy theories. Just shut up and enjoy the exitement and un real moments sports gives

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#64 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,938 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:53 AM

Cheating for who? Explain why the league wants to cheat for the Celtics against the Lakers? What is in it for the league for the Lakers to be forced to lose a Finals?

You got it wrong = you are exactly the type of fan that is ruining the game & allowing the NBA to constantly get away with their cheating ways cause you turn your blind ignorant eye. Just keep lying to yourself lame.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#65 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Without reading through the topic, I'm just going to let everyone know that we didn't have Michael Jordan in 1987 and 1988.

#66 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 23, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Cause the Big 3 was just put together at the time & all 3 guys needed to achieve their 1st ring! Plus Stern knew he would have rematch in Finals between the 2 = Rivarly brought attention back to NBA. Since Kobe is the most hated/polarizing player in NBA it created good storyline how he loses in Finals without Shaq & sets the stage for can he ever accomplish another ring in future without Shaq. Fast forward to now they got their rematch Lakers won in a 7gm series & Kobe repeated without Shaq .  

Now its LBJ turn for his success in TItles. NExt prolly be OKC if Westbrook can return to his form, but I got a feeling new commish could make way for Nets if things work out for them this season.  

Edited by gque24, July 23, 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#67 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,310 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 23, 2013 - 12:30 PM

Without reading through the topic, I'm just going to let everyone know that we didn't have Michael Jordan in 1987 and 1988.

In my estimation, MJ wasn't ready to win a title by then, and even in that sense.. I count having Magic, who had to be Top 2 at the least, and Worthy(Top 15) and Kareem , and some of the greatest role players ever, then sure.

#68 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 23, 2013 - 01:02 PM

In my estimation, MJ wasn't ready to win a title by then, and even in that sense.. I count having Magic, who had to be Top 2 at the least, and Worthy(Top 15) and Kareem , and some of the greatest role players ever, then sure.

Mike would have won a championship in 1984, if he had the supporting cast Magic did in 1980.  Both players were at least top three in the league by the time their rookie season came to a close.  I'll take Magic over Mike in 1984, but only because of experience.  By 1987, Jordan was well above the rest of the pack.

-----------

Now that I have your attention, though...Bynum wasn't a significant part of our championship runs in 2009 and 2010, if we're going to discuss the players Magic had surrounding him.  Bynum was nowhere NEAR Kareem or Worthy...not even close to that impact.  Argue Gasol, especially in the 2009 Playoffs, but what Drew did in the regular season does not compare to the two teammates Magic had.  I'd take Odom's contributions over Bynum's...the Kobe/Pau/Odom trio won us those championships.

Can't say that Nash was the healthiest player GOING INTO the playoffs, either.  Dwight Howard was fine.  He put up 18/12/58% on the season, only done 15 times in history, just five times post-Shaq (who last did it in 1994), and Howard owned all five of those occurrences.  He put up big numbers, all by himself, against a Spurs team that double and triple-teamed him all game, all series long.  You don't do that if you're not healthy...and ignoring all of that, Nash hasn't been healthy for a long, long time now, which is why his minutes are so low.  He may not have Larry Bird's back issues, but they are a huge concern, and have been for quite some time.

For every good decision, the franchise has made a few bad ones...over the last few years.  It didn't matter if this team was healthy or not, they were not winning with an uptempo offense and the absence of a defensive system, not with our age...and age doesn't necessarily have to boot us out of contention, as Dallas and Boston decided to prove over the last 3-5 years.  We were an old team that played with the mindset that we were young...and that won't work.  In today's NBA, if you're old...you play old, and you win that way.  Our starters were overplayed, our bench was made irrelevant, rotations were horrible, Gasol was used improperly, Nash never had a defined role, Howard refused to P&R with Nash, we didn't play Howard in the post the right way, and we gave Ron Artest the green light to take 10-11 shots a night...more than everyone but Kobe.

With Mike Brown, we made the mistake of playing through a center (installing the same offense Orlando used for Dwight, the 4-out/1-in) that could not pass out of double teams, and that was not a high-IQ player who understood how to correctly space the floor with another big (Gasol) or take advantage of defensive attention.  Kobe was also injured most of the season, including the playoffs, and we never had a chance once he started playing poorly...had one of his worst seasons since he began starting games for LA.

The 2010-11 season was lost because Bynum missed nearly half the season for us, and we relied on Gasol far, far too much...who was complete and utter garbage for us in the postseason (13/8 on 42% FG, did absolutely nothing on the defensive end), and we were smoked by the eventual champs, who knew how to play old.

Injuries haven't been kind to us, but we've had opportunities to get rid of players (like Gasol, for Rondo), and yet, we haven't capitalized on it.  We just raked in guys like Nick Young and Chris Kaman for far too cheap...but we couldn't put out that kind of effort two years ago?  I'm thankful we traded Bynum when we did, but we at least could have kept Earl Clark from the deal.  We've lost both Clark and Dwight.  We dealt Odom for nothing, traded a lot of our draft picks, brought in Nash and used him incorrectly...and all we have to show for it is...well, Nash, without a defensive anchor (which is a massive, massive problem).

So, yeah, the Buss family (Jerry, Jim, Jeanie) can eat some of the blame.  Mitch can as well.  The Lakers are just lucky to have a superstar who has provided us with elite longevity (nearly Kareem's level) while still playing at such a high level, good enough to keep our heads above water, out of Charlotte Bobcat territory.

#69 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 5,616 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 23, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Mike would have won a championship in 1984, if he had the supporting cast Magic did in 1980.  Both players were at least top three in the league by the time their rookie season came to a close.  I'll take Magic over Mike in 1984, but only because of experience.  By 1987, Jordan was well above the rest of the pack.

-----------

Now that I have your attention, though...Bynum wasn't a significant part of our championship runs in 2009 and 2010, if we're going to discuss the players Magic had surrounding him.  Bynum was nowhere NEAR Kareem or Worthy...not even close to that impact.  Argue Gasol, especially in the 2009 Playoffs, but what Drew did in the regular season does not compare to the two teammates Magic had.  I'd take Odom's contributions over Bynum's...the Kobe/Pau/Odom trio won us those championships.

Can't say that Nash was the healthiest player GOING INTO the playoffs, either.  Dwight Howard was fine.  He put up 18/12/58% on the season, only done 15 times in history, just five times post-Shaq (who last did it in 1994), and Howard owned all five of those occurrences.  He put up big numbers, all by himself, against a Spurs team that double and triple-teamed him all game, all series long.  You don't do that if you're not healthy...and ignoring all of that, Nash hasn't been healthy for a long, long time now, which is why his minutes are so low.  He may not have Larry Bird's back issues, but they are a huge concern, and have been for quite some time.

For every good decision, the franchise has made a few bad ones...over the last few years.  It didn't matter if this team was healthy or not, they were not winning with an uptempo offense and the absence of a defensive system, not with our age...and age doesn't necessarily have to boot us out of contention, as Dallas and Boston decided to prove over the last 3-5 years.  We were an old team that played with the mindset that we were young...and that won't work.  In today's NBA, if you're old...you play old, and you win that way.  Our starters were overplayed, our bench was made irrelevant, rotations were horrible, Gasol was used improperly, Nash never had a defined role, Howard refused to P&R with Nash, we didn't play Howard in the post the right way, and we gave Ron Artest the green light to take 10-11 shots a night...more than everyone but Kobe.

With Mike Brown, we made the mistake of playing through a center (installing the same offense Orlando used for Dwight, the 4-out/1-in) that could not pass out of double teams, and that was not a high-IQ player who understood how to correctly space the floor with another big (Gasol) or take advantage of defensive attention.  Kobe was also injured most of the season, including the playoffs, and we never had a chance once he started playing poorly...had one of his worst seasons since he began starting games for LA.

The 2010-11 season was lost because Bynum missed nearly half the season for us, and we relied on Gasol far, far too much...who was complete and utter garbage for us in the postseason (13/8 on 42% FG, did absolutely nothing on the defensive end), and we were smoked by the eventual champs, who knew how to play old.

Injuries haven't been kind to us, but we've had opportunities to get rid of players (like Gasol, for Rondo), and yet, we haven't capitalized on it.  We just raked in guys like Nick Young and Chris Kaman for far too cheap...but we couldn't put out that kind of effort two years ago?  I'm thankful we traded Bynum when we did, but we at least could have kept Earl Clark from the deal.  We've lost both Clark and Dwight.  We dealt Odom for nothing, traded a lot of our draft picks, brought in Nash and used him incorrectly...and all we have to show for it is...well, Nash, without a defensive anchor (which is a massive, massive problem).

So, yeah, the Buss family (Jerry, Jim, Jeanie) can eat some of the blame.  Mitch can as well.  The Lakers are just lucky to have a superstar who has provided us with elite longevity (nearly Kareem's level) while still playing at such a high level, good enough to keep our heads above water, out of Charlotte Bobcat territory.

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#70 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:26 PM

Not Detroit

Or collection of best talent.  Thats how bball works.  Its the one sport that awards consistency.  More likely than not the best talent with a chemistry going will be the victor due to the series setup of the playoffs.  

#71 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,310 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 25, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Ummm, okay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users