70 replies to this topic

#41 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,113 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 22, 2013 - 06:01 AM

refs cheating agaisnt Kobe = not the same as how LBJ gets ref assistance. Kobe wins in spite of the refs cheating ways.

It can be debated that the Lakers had the world's best player during the 2010 championship run. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#42 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,447 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 22, 2013 - 05:33 PM

Stop the nonsense.  Star players get calls all the time and Kobe is no different.  No one is cheating against the Lakers.  Please kill the conspiracy, enjoy the game of bball and root for our great team. 

refs cheating agaisnt Kobe = not the same as how LBJ gets ref assistance. Kobe wins in spite of the refs cheating ways.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#43 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 22, 2013 - 06:45 PM

Stop the nonsense.  Star players get calls all the time and Kobe is no different.  No one is cheating against the Lakers.  Please kill the conspiracy, enjoy the game of bball and root for our great team. 

LeBron,Durant,Cp3 and a few others get more calls than most stars.

Kobe gets ess calls than most stars

• 40,373 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Kobe might get fouled on his jumpshots more than anyone and doesn't always get the call, but in games like those where they're not dropping, he's gotta' make the adjustment more often and attack the hoop & try getting a call that way (which is more likely).

yo.

#45 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 07:03 PM

I was talking about Kobe driving to the hoop and getting "stripped". last season, I thought he got more calls, but before that, it was sad to see a legend get very little respect for his efforts

#46 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Kobe gets tons of calls and has shot tons of freethrows over his career, he doesn't do himself any favors with refs by complaining about almost any shot that doesn't go in, and isn't nearly as aggressive as he was early in his career.  To even think that there is a bias against him is ridiculous, he is a star and has been the beneficiary of plenty of star calls.

#47 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,447 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 07:11 PM

I sat on my tv and watched Thabo cleanly block a Kobe shot and get a foul, cleanly strip him and get a call.  All stars get calls.  There is no bias against the Lakers.  To think so would be complete nonsense. 

LeBron,Durant,Cp3 and a few others get more calls than most stars.

Kobe gets ess calls than most stars

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#48 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Ok. i have seen a ton of ball.

i have come to the conclusion that LeBron,Durant, CP3, Billups and a few others get more calls than other stars and Kobe gets less calls.

i didn't say bias, I just notice what I see. I don't really care what you think

• 40,373 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you have to ask that question Basketball IQ, you've lost the argument.

You might have just branded your name on here the biggest oxymoron name in the history of message boards.

You forgot MrKnowItAll.

yo.

#50 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,407 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 22, 2013 - 07:48 PM

We won titles under Jim and Jerry and Mitch.

it's just dependent on how much credit people want to give.

It usually goes that when we won titles Jim had little to no involvement(despite having large influence as far back as when Bynum was drafted by us which people seem to have trouble with.  Jim was a major player in drafting Bynum but had NOTHING to do with the subsequent titles that happened? So he drafted bynum and sat back and said "well im done" and did nothing?  right...) .  But every year after that they signify as Jim Buss's fault, but they exclude him from his hand in the Chris Paul trade as well as absolving Jerry from the Mike Brown and Mike D'antoni hire.

When it comes down to it some people don't care about chronological order, they just stick the GM they like with the stuff they like and stick the GM they don't like with the stuff they hate. 

it has been posted here millions of times that it was Jerry's decision to hire Mike D'antoni over Phil and that even he told Jeanie out and out it was his decision and some fans still be talking about "nuh uh!!!" :)

well he asked what has jim not done that jerry has. Jim has not won a title as the owner. I know its only been like half a year but I was just answering his question.

#51 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,355 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 23, 2013 - 03:43 AM

We've also lost with the best players in the world. Magic, Wilt, Kobe, Jerry West, Shaq etc. Injuries, Chemistry and drive are huge for the outcome of a teams season. We have MDA and can do nothing about that. Therefore; the team, the fans and Kobe are going to have to get behind whatever the Laker plan is and let them work their asses off. Attitude Dictates Altitude    As far as a coach is concerned I think I just watched POP (the so-called best coach in the NBA) totally blow the championship this past season. game 6 anyone??

#52 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,319 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:17 AM

Subject title: 

All Lakers titles have come when we had the best player in the world.

Could also say:

All titles have come when teams had the best player in the world.

Edited by LakersGAFan, July 23, 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#53 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,447 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:22 AM

Or collection of best talent.  Thats how bball works.  Its the one sport that awards consistency.  More likely than not the best talent with a chemistry going will be the victor due to the series setup of the playoffs.  

Subject title: 

Could also say:

#54 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:51 AM

That's why we NEED to pursue LeBron James in 2014. He is arguably the best player in the world and no one will catch him in the near future. #GetLeBron

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#55 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,447 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 05:29 AM

Not arguably anymore.  He's been the best for about 3-4 seasons now.  Would be nice but the decision is his.  Doesnt matter what the Lakers want.

That's why we NEED to pursue LeBron James in 2014. He is arguably the best player in the world and no one will catch him in the near future. #GetLeBron

#56 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 06:37 AM

Not arguably anymore.  He's been the best for about 3-4 seasons now.  Would be nice but the decision is his.  Doesnt matter what the Lakers want.

He wasn't the bnest when he couldn't close a series. Sorry. When he "hurt his shoulder" against Boston and left for Miami, after flaming in the playoffs again, with HIS game being different than it was all season, I have to put the onus on him.

Then with a healthy D Wade( who was the best player in those Finals)he sat there and choked away a title his team was good enough to win.

He wasn't the best yet. I know it's hard for you to say this, but everyone who knows, knows.

Edited by BasketballIQ, July 23, 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#57 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 23, 2013 - 06:49 AM

Subject title: 

Could also say:

You could also go with "The best player generally wins" or my favorite and much shorter "Skill Game"

#58 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,508 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 23, 2013 - 07:57 AM

having best player in the world doesn't always = win title if thats what some are saying...

dirk was not the best player in the world in 2011, nor was anybody on the celtics in '08, or anyone else on the spurs in '03, or pistons in '04, i think it was spurs again in '05, wade in '06...debatable, 81 points?  spurs in '07 i think..

Posted Image

#59 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,113 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 09:12 AM

Conspiracy is inconvient truth for Stern = so miss me with that statement. Go look at calls & non calls vs Boston period. I dont care what you want to believe. Cheating is cheating.

#60 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,113 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 09:30 AM

Explain this

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nepmd2ygMK4

Kobe gets tons of calls and has shot tons of freethrows over his career, he doesn't do himself any favors with refs by complaining about almost any shot that doesn't go in, and isn't nearly as aggressive as he was early in his career.  To even think that there is a bias against him is ridiculous, he is a star and has been the beneficiary of plenty of star calls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users