Jordan Hill
Pau Gasol

bench of

Steve Blake
Jodie Meeks
CDR
4 or Ryan Kelly
Chris Kaman

is a lineup that could hold down a few games while Kobe recovers.    It's not a championship starting lineup but it's one that can stay above 500 till Kobe gets back.

We will see. It seems to me .. any game we win with that lineup will be a bonus.

#43 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,346 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I don't know about this. I think it's too early to say anything about the dynamic of the Lakers come opening day. We don't even know if Kobe Bryant will be in the lineup come opening day. But whatever Sir Charles says, people listen. So I guess, they will stink. LOL

#44 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,804 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 22, 2013 - 11:38 PM

The round mouth of rebound should shut up. He's popular because he's loud, not because of thoughfull comments.

I've won as many NBA championships as he has, so [expletive] him.

#45 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 23, 2013 - 03:24 AM

So the last time I checked we didn't have Dwight the year before that and we made the playoffs. As for MWP. He missed as many shots as he stopped on defense and was no where near Ron Artest last year. I guess you forgot all of our injuries to Pau, Blake, Nash and Hill last year. Year long injuries with no training camp under Mike Dic Toni :-)   No Rambis last year, The main thing is you didn't have an entire team playing for their lives. The only thing left is to hire Fisher as an assistant and fill another SF and PF position. Mark these words.  

Not that Charles doesn't put his foot in his mouth a lot but he isn't wrong in his assessment or opinion.  The Lakers just lost an elite talent with Pau and Nash coming off bum years, Kobe is coming back from an achilles injury God knows when and 2 of the teams in the Lakers division just got better on paper by a decent margin. 

It's not hard to understand why people think the Lakers are going to suck.  You dont replace Dwight with an oft injured Chris Kaman and amnesty your best defender only to pick up a trigger Happy Nick Young and on the ropes player like Wesley Johnson and expect to actually get better. 

This team will be lucky to make the playoffs let alone win 40 games.  I'm still on the fence about how I feel about how well they can compete.  I'm a strong believer that this year if they cannot win a championship and know this by midseason its time to start trading away guys like Pau for a decent pick or young talent and put themselves in a position to get a decent draft pick. 

#46 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,571 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:21 AM

If LA cant even come close to winning a ring this year with this roster then no one they can pick up in 2014 outside of Lebron is going to make them a contender in the West. 

When Lebron resigns with Miami how does that hurt the Lakers 2015 chances of contending in the West?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#47 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,501 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:26 AM

Indirectly it does b/c there arent any real superstar/elite players available until 2016 when KD becomes one and if LA doesnt land a good pick the likelihood of getting another franchise guy is very limited for the time being.  By 2016 this era of players will be long gone.  Kobe/Pau will probably be in retirement or too old to be guys you need to depend on to win it all. 

2015 is a decent class but no team is building a contender around Love.  Only way they can bounce back w/o an elite player is to put together a collection of all star talents like Melo, Love and Rondo.  Easier said than done though b/c we don't know what they want and what can happen from now. 

When Lebron resigns with Miami how does that hurt the Lakers 2015 chances of contending in the West?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#48 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,501 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:29 AM

Are you that dense? So you are going to overlook Bynum having the best year of his career? Pau despite the criticism put up 17/10? Kobe having a typical all star year?  You can't honestly sit here and compare the 11-12 year to the team that is about to suit up this coming season.  Kaman (oft injured), Pau (who knows what he has left), Nick Young (lol), Meeks (another lol), Nash(see Pau).  Thats not exactly a promising lineup. 

So the last time I checked we didn't have Dwight the year before that and we made the playoffs. As for MWP. He missed as many shots as he stopped on defense and was no where near Ron Artest last year. I guess you forgot all of our injuries to Pau, Blake, Nash and Hill last year. Year long injuries with no training camp under Mike Dic Toni :-)   No Rambis last year, The main thing is you didn't have an entire team playing for their lives. The only thing left is to hire Fisher as an assistant and fill another SF and PF position. Mark these words.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#49 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 23, 2013 - 08:01 AM

With this current lineup they could still win as many gms as last season as long as the injury bug doesnt come back to haunt them

Are you that dense? So you are going to overlook Bynum having the best year of his career? Pau despite the criticism put up 17/10? Kobe having a typical all star year?  You can't honestly sit here and compare the 11-12 year to the team that is about to suit up this coming season.  Kaman (oft injured), Pau (who knows what he has left), Nick Young (lol), Meeks (another lol), Nash(see Pau).  Thats not exactly a promising lineup. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#50 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 23, 2013 - 08:27 AM

We struggled to make playoffs last year I dnt see it being sny easier wit the west getting better..and yes denver is still better then the lakers they eon 57 games last year they will still be a 45-50 game winner nxt year

#51 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,070 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:29 AM

We struggled to make playoffs last year I dnt see it being sny easier wit the west getting better..and yes denver is still better then the lakers they eon 57 games last year they will still be a 45-50 game winner nxt year

So you say we struggled to make the playoffs, but you're not factoring in all our injuries.

Yet you say the Nuggets won 57 games last year and say they could again but are neglecting they lost Iggy?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#52 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,391 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:31 AM

So you say we struggled to make the playoffs, but you're not factoring in all our injuries.

Yet you say the Nuggets won 57 games last year and say they could again but are neglecting they lost Iggy?

And Danilo. Plus a new coach to adjust to, and a lot of those players were just getting used to that system. Also lost Mosgov, and their depth was their biggest strength

#53 415

Rookie

• 51 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:53 AM

Injuries or not the lakers didnt have it last year it was never gonna work..the same problems from game 1 of the season were still there til the end..and I said they still will win 45-50 games not 57..yes igodula was a good player but they did better in the playoffs the year before against the lakers witout him

Edited by 415, July 23, 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#54 415

Rookie

• 51 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:56 AM

And Danilo. Plus a new coach to adjust to, and a lot of those players were just getting used to that system. Also lost Mosgov, and their depth was their biggest strength

Mozgov?? really? He was not key to their depth they will be a better defensive team wit shaw there

#55 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,501 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:30 AM

They will be better on D based on what? Shaw?  You gotta have defenders first

Mozgov?? really? He was not key to their depth they will be a better defensive team wit shaw there

#56 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,566 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Barkley is a parody of himself. What a fool 

2hf753r.jpg

#57 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 23, 2013 - 12:03 PM

We're not doing a damn thing without a defensive anchor, guys.  Just stop.  This happens every season.

#58 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,210 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 23, 2013 - 02:00 PM

I don't think the roster is that bad

Lamar odom
Drew gooden
Elton brand
Kenyon Martin

Lakers need a vet pf

#59 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,391 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 23, 2013 - 02:11 PM

We're not doing a damn thing without a defensive anchor, guys.  Just stop.  This happens every season.

Hill? Maybe 

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 02:22 PM

We're not doing a damn thing without a defensive anchor, guys.  Just stop. 

Travis Hyman will save us.

I don't think the roster is that bad

Lamar odom
Drew gooden
Elton brand
Kenyon Martin

Lakers need a vet pf

Elton Brand signed with Atlanta a while ago. Out of those options, K-Mart would easily be the best, especially defensively.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users