100 replies to this topic

#21 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 20, 2013 - 04:47 PM

This moron agreed with Zimmerman's verdict. Lol.. how he also said Kobe's days of scoring 30 are over.

No credibility whatsoever as far as I'm concerned

Yep he said about 3 years ago that Kobe can't score 25 per game at his age

What a Clown

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#22 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 5,125 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Without Kobe in lineup for a few months Lakers will struggle to keep up. They may be well below .500 when Kobe comes in.

A line up of Nash, Pau, Young, Farmer/Meeks and Kaman/Hill will struggle on defense (does not matter who the defensive coach is).

3 yrs ago this lineup would have been serviceable. Not in 2013-2014.

#23 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,554 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:17 PM

Charles Barkley is turrible

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:19 PM

Charles Barkley is :turrible:

yo.

#25 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Charles Barkley is entitled to his opinion. He's wrong this time but it won't be the first time. I am very impressed with our off season. I still believe we are a 6/8 small forward and a rough tough 6/9 or 6/10 250lb Power Forward away from the 5th seed. I'm not just saying this because I've been a fan for over 35 years. I'm saying this because everyone on this team has been counted out for some reason in their career; including the coaching staff and everyone has something to prove or shoot for including Kobe. Not one person on this team will be able to cruise  (except Sacre) LOL

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Not one person on this team will be able to cruise  (except Sacre) LOL

He won't either. He has to dance his ass off for us for at least 3 more years.

yo.

#27 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Someone give this man a Snickers, because he is acting like a diva.

#28 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:37 PM

I may have to challenge that. This lineup will be more motivated then probably anytime in their careers. Everyone but Nash will be playing for a contract with LA, the privilege to stay in the NBA or a chance to show other teams they may need them next year. Even Kobe will have to play hard to prove to Paul George, Melo, Walls, and Cousins that it would make sense for two or three of them to come to LA. For the first time in a long time the Lakers will play Very Hard EVERY night win or lose. I think a lot of these guys are more talented than they have been able to show. Now is their chance 

Without Kobe in lineup for a few months Lakers will struggle to keep up. They may be well below .500 when Kobe comes in.

A line up of Nash, Pau, Young, Farmer/Meeks and Kaman/Hill will struggle on defense (does not matter who the defensive coach is).

3 yrs ago this lineup would have been serviceable. Not in 2013-2014.

#29 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,760 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's

Posted July 21, 2013 - 07:18 AM

what a  :turrible:  opinion

zombie

#30 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:21 AM

God knows how much I hate this mother[expletive]er... but the Lakers are indeed gonna stink.  :sad2:

Posted Image

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,405 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:23 AM

I may have to challenge that. This lineup will be more motivated then probably anytime in their careers. Everyone but Nash will be playing for a contract with LA, the privilege to stay in the NBA or a chance to show other teams they may need them next year. Even Kobe will have to play hard to prove to Paul George, Melo, Walls, and Cousins that it would make sense for two or three of them to come to LA. For the first time in a long time the Lakers will play Very Hard EVERY night win or lose. I think a lot of these guys are more talented than they have been able to show. Now is their chance

I agree.

Last year, the Lakers DID NOT PLAY HARD FOR MIKE BROWN.

The energy was higher for Bernie, but they knew it was on them. I think the next time they played hard was after the Memphis meeting.

Kobe was just concerned about scoring( not more than winning), he didn't want to have the offense revolve around him. His numbers were great while doing that but it demoralized the team.

Dwight wanted his NUMBERS to look good.

Pau just tried fitting in.

Nash was out.

Jamison was trying to hard then benched.

28-10 was about the players , stop looking around and looked at themselves.

The last season where the Lakers really focused in game by game was 2008 season, when Bynum had something to prove and Sasha and Farmar did as well. Plus Ronny brought a nice energy

#32 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Lets be real about this Charles is afraid of Kobe because he talks so much [expletive] about Kobe behind his back but can't tell him face to face

#33 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 21, 2013 - 01:36 PM

#34 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 5,125 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 21, 2013 - 06:56 PM

I may have to challenge that. This lineup will be more motivated then probably anytime in their careers. Everyone but Nash will be playing for a contract with LA, the privilege to stay in the NBA or a chance to show other teams they may need them next year. Even Kobe will have to play hard to prove to Paul George, Melo, Walls, and Cousins that it would make sense for two or three of them to come to LA. For the first time in a long time the Lakers will play Very Hard EVERY night win or lose. I think a lot of these guys are more talented than they have been able to show. Now is their chance 

The lineup without Kobe is so bad - effort will not be enough.

This year it is best to have low expectations.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,196 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 21, 2013 - 07:00 PM

The lineup without Kobe is so bad - effort will not be enough.

This year it is best to have low expectations.

Steve Nash
Nick Young
Wesley Johnson
Jordan Hill
Pau Gasol

bench of

Steve Blake
Jodie Meeks
CDR
4 or Ryan Kelly
Chris Kaman

is a lineup that could hold down a few games while Kobe recovers.    It's not a championship starting lineup but it's one that can stay above 500 till Kobe gets back.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#36 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 22, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Usual hate from Chucky. He has been sticking his foot in his mouth on a bunch of topics lately. :turrible:

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#37 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 22, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Barkley stating the obvious.

Were supposed to stink. Thats what "Tanking" is intended to accomplish.

Hopefully Kobe understands this and sits the entire season so he rests/rehabs fully and we don't accidentally win games.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thats what "Tanking" is intended to accomplish.

Hopefully Kobe understands this and sits the entire season so he rests/rehabs fully and we don't accidentally win games.

I think you're hoping for quite the miracle on that one.

yo.

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,519 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 22, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Not that Charles doesn't put his foot in his mouth a lot but he isn't wrong in his assessment or opinion.  The Lakers just lost an elite talent with Pau and Nash coming off bum years, Kobe is coming back from an achilles injury God knows when and 2 of the teams in the Lakers division just got better on paper by a decent margin. 

It's not hard to understand why people think the Lakers are going to suck.  You dont replace Dwight with an oft injured Chris Kaman and amnesty your best defender only to pick up a trigger Happy Nick Young and on the ropes player like Wesley Johnson and expect to actually get better. 

This team will be lucky to make the playoffs let alone win 40 games.  I'm still on the fence about how I feel about how well they can compete.  I'm a strong believer that this year if they cannot win a championship and know this by midseason its time to start trading away guys like Pau for a decent pick or young talent and put themselves in a position to get a decent draft pick. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, July 22, 2013 - 05:42 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,519 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 22, 2013 - 05:43 PM

If LA cant even come close to winning a ring this year with this roster then no one they can pick up in 2014 outside of Lebron is going to make them a contender in the West. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users