#81 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:48 PM

I always say that DBZ is the best animated series ever as far as fighting and action goes.

Was that ever really up for debate? I mean, I can't remember a show that really came close to it.

#82 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:49 PM

better than that pokemon crap

The pokemon games made me like the actual show more than I should have.

#83 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:49 PM

I can't think of one bad thing about DBZ except for the episodes should have been longer. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#84 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:50 PM

I would come home from school and just catch DBZ and Gundam Wing

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:50 PM

The problem was a lot more people had access to Pokemon over DBZ since it was available on local tv and DBZ obviously wasn't. That was a huge reason why unfortunately Pokemon seemed to be talked about more. Doesn't mean it was the better show, not at all.

yo.

#86 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,034 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 23, 2013 - 05:24 PM

Then that's ridiculous writing. Especially considering that Superman is basically a god and Batman is a puny mortal. 

There's gotta be more to the writing than Batman going toe-to-toe (lol) with a god. That would be the equivalent of Batman taking out Marvel's Thor, Hulk, Apocalypse, etc

Batman already took out Hulk

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#87 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 05:47 PM

lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#88 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 23, 2013 - 07:03 PM

intelligence is a very subjective term, but in this case adaptability, cleverness is what i'm talking about because i'm talking about fighting. i'm not talking about knowledge in terms of science

also lex would be smarter than bruce in terms of science but i'd doubt his ability to adjust on the fly and adapt to situations the same way.

Yea in terms of cleverness and craftiness I would have to say the Bat is def on par with superman most likely better.

I would have to disagree about lex luther. Superman's smarts come from the fact he has a memory that can remember everything, and that he can read things and analyze things at super human speeds since time is basically moving slow in his world. Luther on the other hand is a straight up genius not because he has read alot, but because he is just actually super smart. His analytical skills and his ability to react to any situation using just his brain is how he can go toe to toe with Superman. I would have to say Luther is definitely smarter than batman in terms of either way you look at smarts.

but seriously though, dbz is my [expletive]. I must have spent somewhere around $1000 on dbz vhs and dvds. hell, i had one of those $50/$60 dbz shirts (more like a fancy cool jersey). I use to print out stuff on saiyan levels and character bios. I'd debate ANYONE on dbz kinda how I debate anyone on Pau Gasoft. 

Goku and Vegeta were my dudes

Vegeta was my boy ahaha.

He was by far my favorite characters watching him always go at it with Goku was great. Always wanted him to win but he could just never one up goku. The one battle where Vegeta actually one as a Majiun was sweet, even though Goku basically let him win since he wasnt going all out, it was the closest Vegeta ever got to actually winning.

Much like you as a kid I loved the show and would love talking about it with my friends. I devoted my saturday nights to catching it on toonami and watched it all the time. I have no idea how many hours I logged on all the dbz games I went throughout the years. I never liked fighting games and still dont to this day, but when it was with DBZ characters I couldnt put it down.

That show gave some great childhood memories, no doubt.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 23, 2013 - 07:10 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#89 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 07:09 PM

I love you

No homo

#90 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yep that fight between SSJ2 Majin Vegeta and SSJ2 Goku was epic. I liked it because it had the feel of a straight up martial arts type fight. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#91 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,460 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hopefully Christian Bale isn't a [expletive] and does the movie. It's really not that interesting to me without him.

I'm still going to watch it, but it'll be disappointing watching someone else and knowing they will never fill the shoes of Bale. Give him whatever he wants. He needs to be in the movie.

There was also some discussion of him being in the movie as Bruce Wayne, but not Batman. Not sure how any of you feel about that, but...no.
iyjywo.jpg

#92 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,034 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted July 24, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Europeans take acting more seriously than Americans so I think Bale is done. Plus it'll be great to see an actual Trilogy that doesn't try to sneak other movies into the pipeline

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#93 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hopefully Christian Bale isn't a [expletive] and does the movie. It's really not that interesting to me without him.

I'm still going to watch it, but it'll be disappointing watching someone else and knowing they will never fill the shoes of Bale.
Give him whatever he wants. He needs to be in the movie.

There was also some discussion of him being in the movie as Bruce Wayne, but not Batman. Not sure how any of you feel about that, but...no.

Am I the only one that really doesnt care much for Bale as Batman? What I mean by this is that for the majority of the movies he is in the bat suit and has a different voice. If you just watched those scenes you have no idea who the hell the bat is. Compared to say Ironman when you see in the suit and hear RDJ voice the whole time you draw this link between RDJ and Ironman. In batman that really never happened or at least for me. I mean for the parts where he is playing bruce you know Bale is there, but the great scenes of the the films happen when he is batman. When I watch the scenes of the Bat in action to me its like Bale isnt even on the screen.

Just me though I suppose.

#94 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Bale was great as Bruce Wayne. Some of the best moments in the trilogy were with batman or Bruce ways

IMO

Bale will be missed as batman, he's as great as batman as Daniel Craig is as James bond

The best to ever do it

But bale can't return. The movies aren't connected to the dark knight trilogy and bringing him back would only confuse

Also they've already said they have no intention of bringing him back. They want to make it clear this is a new batman

Plus they are already screen testing Tyler hoelchlin for the role. Rumor is he's already screen testing with cavill
Posted Image

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Plus they are already screen testing Tyler hoelchlin for the role. Rumor is he's already screen testing with cavill

Are you serious? No way! This guy's way too scrawny to play Batman. WTF?

http://cache3.asset-...9oIGSUCDxQJ4g==

yo.

#96 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:54 PM

uhh, that's him like 10 or so years ago

#97 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:55 PM

The dude from teen wolf?

Tyler-Hoechlin-tyler-hoechlin-34166051-9

Yea he is pretty jacked now.

#98 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ya I think he'll be fine physically.

The acting is the question
Posted Image

#99 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Bale will be missed as batman, he's as great as batman as Daniel Craig is as James bond

slow ya roll

Pau Gasol is GONE

#100 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 04:01 PM

slow ya roll

They are both the best to ever do it for their franchises.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)