batman beating superman? come on now :facepalm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#62 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 03:46 PM

batman beating superman? come on now :facepalm:

it's kind of sad that you facepalm this without realizing that it's happened several times in the DC universe

Posted Image

#63 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Will superman is also a suppose to be a super genius. People from kyptonite are already geniuses compared to humans, and with his abilities on earth getting enhanced he is smarter the the worlds best super computer. Dont know if the movies will keep that true, probably not because over the years the comics tried to make him less super smart because he basically could do it all, also they will have to dumb him down to make batman actually seem useful with superman lol

superman in man of steel wasn't exactly smart. for example he couldn't figure out how to get rid of the other kryptonians. jor-el had to tell lois lane.

batman is essentially the smartest member of the justice league, always has been. now superman technically is kryptonian but according to this particular canon for man of steel he was the only born kryptonian in centuries so he wasn't grown to be a scientist or particularly smart

he's only as smart as he was raised to be by the kents

Posted Image

#64 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 23, 2013 - 03:52 PM

superman in man of steel wasn't exactly smart. for example he couldn't figure out how to get rid of the other kryptonians. jor-el had to tell lois lane.

batman is essentially the smartest member of the justice league, always has been. now superman technically is kryptonian but according to this particular canon for man of steel he was the only born kryptonian in centuries so he wasn't grown to be a scientist or particularly smart

he's only as smart as he was raised to be by the kents

He is the son of the smartest Kryptonian scientist. In the earlier superman's he was by far more intelligent than Batman, but your right the current one has been dumbed down in order to not make him basically perfect. I still believe he is smarter than Bruce Wayne, to say Batman is the smartest human ever would be a safe stretch, but even he can claim that his intelligence would pale in comparisons to a Kryptonian, and especially one that is super smart thanks to our sun.

I believe in the comic "Last Son of Kypton" his dad had a machine to read someones intelligence. The dad was the smartest person on Kyrpton and his levels were off the charts, he scanned his sons (supermans) and his was even higher, so he would of been the smartest Kyptonian if he never left. Add that in on top of the extra power he gets from our sun he is much smarter than Bruce. Bruce might be more cleaver, but in terms of intellect and learning ability, superman once read all the medical text ever written in seconds to save Louis's life. Bruce would never be able to do that.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 23, 2013 - 03:59 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#65 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:00 PM

it's kind of sad that you facepalm this without realizing that it's happened several times in the DC universe

Then that's ridiculous writing. Especially considering that Superman is basically a god and Batman is a puny mortal. 

There's gotta be more to the writing than Batman going toe-to-toe (lol) with a god. That would be the equivalent of Batman taking out Marvel's Thor, Hulk, Apocalypse, etc

Pau Gasol is GONE

#66 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Then that's ridiculous writing. Especially considering that Superman is basically a god and Batman is a puny mortal. 

There's gotta be more to the writing than Batman going toe-to-toe (lol) with a god. That would be the equivalent of Batman taking out Marvel's Thor, Hulk, Apocalypse, etc

There is. Every time they fight Superman never gives it his all because obviously killing is against his values. If he wanted to kill bruce, one punch would just make his head explode. This is why most vs with superman he wouldnt win for the simple fact he wont kill.

#67 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:04 PM

So Batman had to live with the fact that he was just Supes little play thing?

Edited by Windu, July 23, 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#68 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:06 PM

btw, Apocalypse was bad ass on the X-Men cartoon that use to come on FOX MANY MANY MANY years ago. One of my favorite cartoons of all time...bub

Pau Gasol is GONE

#69 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:13 PM

So Batman had to live with the fact that he was just Supes little play thing?

Well it is all opinionated, he really isnt a play thing since he knows Superman would never actually kill him but he certainly doenst have any power over superman, other than Kyrptonite that is.

Also an edit to my earlier post, Batman might not be the smartest human, Lex Luthor is often believed to be the smartest human ever, then Reed Richards is believed by some to be the smartest.

There is a reason that Supermans biggest enemies, of Lex Luthor and Brainiac are super geniuses and can be considered the smartest ever out of the comic books because that is the only way to have a one up on superman. Superman is a super genius and his intellect really only falls short of his biggest foes. Batman is very smart in his own way, but he isnt nearly as intelligent as the above people mentioned.

Its hard to even argue this though because intelligence can be a subjective term. If it comes to learning something knew and absorbing knowledge batman is in 1st grade compared to superman. Batman might be more creative and crafty with his intelligence. So I guess the way to break it down is book smarts Superman blows Batman out of the water. Street smart wise I would have to say Batman is on superman's level maybe even better.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 23, 2013 - 04:18 PM.

• 40,416 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:13 PM

btw, Apocalypse was bad ass on the X-Men cartoon that use to come on FOX MANY MANY MANY years ago. One of my favorite cartoons of all time...bub

yo.

#71 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:15 PM

xmen, beast wars, digimon, all the best. and dbz and gundam on cartoon network. damn, what do kids have these days...I feel sorry for them

Pau Gasol is GONE

#72 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:20 PM

xmen, beast wars, digimon, all the best. and dbz and gundam on cartoon network. damn, what do kids have these days...I feel sorry for them

I always say that DBZ is the best animated series ever as far as fighting and action goes. Im a huge DBZ fan and really feel it was thee greatest anime ever .

• 40,416 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:22 PM

^ Not to mention the classic intro theme song.

yo.

#74 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:26 PM

I always say that DBZ is the best animated series ever as far as fighting and action goes. Im a huge DBZ fan and really feel it was thee greatest anime ever .

I love you

No homo

Edited by Windu, July 23, 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#75 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:30 PM

but seriously though, dbz is my [expletive]. I must have spent somewhere around $1000 on dbz vhs and dvds. hell, i had one of those $50/$60 dbz shirts (more like a fancy cool jersey). I use to print out stuff on saiyan levels and character bios. I'd debate ANYONE on dbz kinda how I debate anyone on Pau Gasoft. 

Goku and Vegeta were my dudes

Pau Gasol is GONE

#76 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:31 PM

except batman has always had kryptonite in his belt available which would essentially neutralize supermans god status

Posted Image

#77 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:36 PM

He is the son of the smartest Kryptonian scientist. In the earlier superman's he was by far more intelligent than Batman, but your right the current one has been dumbed down in order to not make him basically perfect. I still believe he is smarter than Bruce Wayne, to say Batman is the smartest human ever would be a safe stretch, but even he can claim that his intelligence would pale in comparisons to a Kryptonian, and especially one that is super smart thanks to our sun.

I believe in the comic "Last Son of Kypton" his dad had a machine to read someones intelligence. The dad was the smartest person on Kyrpton and his levels were off the charts, he scanned his sons (supermans) and his was even higher, so he would of been the smartest Kyptonian if he never left. Add that in on top of the extra power he gets from our sun he is much smarter than Bruce. Bruce might be more cleaver, but in terms of intellect and learning ability, superman once read all the medical text ever written in seconds to save Louis's life. Bruce would never be able to do that.

intelligence is a very subjective term, but in this case adaptability, cleverness is what i'm talking about because i'm talking about fighting. i'm not talking about knowledge in terms of science

also lex would be smarter than bruce in terms of science but i'd doubt his ability to adjust on the fly and adapt to situations the same way.

Posted Image

#78 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:38 PM

i mean if you're really talking about fighting, then batman is pretty far down on the totem pole compared to his peers

Pau Gasol is GONE

#79 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,264 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:45 PM

Wow, nice to see someone give digimon some love. I only remember liking the first two seasons, but still, they were great imo.

#80 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:47 PM

better than that pokemon crap

Edited by Windu, July 23, 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users