#1 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted July 19, 2013 - 03:07 AM

1 The clippers have gotten nothing but love for the trade were the team gave away Bledsoe and Butler for Dudley and jj.

This is a dumb trade plain and simple. Bledsoe has top ten pg material I understand chemistry wise he needed to be moved but Bledsoe is a better player then reddick or Dudley.

The clippers went from using Bledsoe and ... To get Dwight

Then maybe kg

Then maybe affalo

Then maybe granger

And of coarse Rudy gays name was brought up.

Dudley is a decent player reddick can shoot but I don't see how these guys make the team better reddick is a 6th man in the nba at best not a starter. Also the clippers didn't address the biggest need griffin and Jordan just don't work together.

Do you view the Bledsoe trade as a success for the clippers?

2 Any way which sign and trade do you wish the lakers could of got
Bledsoe griffin for Dwight
Bogut and Thompson or Barnes
Lin and asisk for Howard

3 do you think lakers should of atleast took asisk back we could of used kaman contract on someone else or flipped him. Why make Houston better when we could of uses Omar to trade for Ryan Anderson which Houston is trying to do.
In the nba you need trade assets.
4.assuming lakers don't get melo George or Lebron name a starting 5 you would build for the lakers
http://m.espn.go.com...693&src=desktop
Restricted players probably won't leave teams maybe disgruntled players or teams tht can't afford to match.

5. What pg do you wish we used the Nash trade on or it could be a cheap player and we pick up an athletic wing.
And do you think we would of went further last year with sessions at pg and more money too build a bench?

Five for Friday !!!!!

1 no clippers [expletive]ed up on Bledsoe trade
2 Bledsoe griffin Blake brings the star power Bledsoe is a top 10 pg for the future. Bledsoe would bring the d and both guys don't have over the top egos.
3 I think lakers should of atleast brought asisk back I'm not down for winless for wiggins. I also think Lin would be great in Dan tonies offense and a young pg to develop for a year and a great trade chip. If they moved fast enough they might of been able to asisk to n.o for Ryan Anderson. And Lin to multiple teams but I think we could of used him let him inflate his numbers then trade him in a package for a big name player or draft picks.
4 let's see pg I think if he makes it till next season jennings will be the only non restricted good pg I like the kid
Sg Kobe
Sf granger I think deng is a lock to resign granger is the defensive shooting wing we need
Pf Jordan hill after a break out year keep him maybe pau but I see him in Minnesota
C okafor

No Max deals still save room for love in 15

5 I would of resigned sessions used Nash trade plus more to get josh smith need a athletic Wing sessions Kobe smith Dwight pau

And yes injuries killed us but I think r bench would of had a couple more key players we would of won more games got the 6th seed but no Kobe no second round

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 19, 2013 - 03:15 AM

Only because i'm bored at work...

1. Bledsoe would have left anyway next summer and i think this was about as good of a deal they could get.

2. I would have taken all three of those trades, rather than losing D12 for nothing. Bledsoe/Griff the best, then Bogut/Barnes

3. We wouldn't have been able to get Asik alone, but if we could of couse we should. Asik's a defensive beast.

4. Give me Luol Deng, Emeka Okafor and then flip Nash for Lowry and keep options open for Love in 2015.

5. Nash is good. I think he'll be fine this season and i hope he works out. If not, he gets stretched or goes to Toronto.

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,470 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 19, 2013 - 04:05 AM

Rose
Rondo
Williams
Paul
Irving
Wall
Conley
Parker
Westbrook
Lawson
Curry
Holliday
Lillard

How does Bledsoe have top 10 point guard potential?
iyjywo.jpg

#4 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 19, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Bledsoe's trade value was high, but I think he is overrated, and I think time will bear that out.  I  enjoy watching him play, but he is terribly inconsistent, has a shaky jump shot, gambles alot on defense, is an average passer, takes physical risks to make the spectacular defensive play.  Can he clean all of that up while playing starter minutes?  Maybe, maybe not.

The Clippers had multiple needs.  Outside shooting was one of them.  They shored that up.  The inside game is a more pressing concern I think, but I guess they didnt see it that way.  I was thinking that they passed on a DJ/ Bledsoe trade because they had some other qulaity big waiting in the wings to sign, but it sure doesnt look like it now.

But, at this point, I would have more faith in Rivers/ Sachs/ Sterling to make good short and long term moves(hard to believe I just said that about Sterling)  for a franchise than I would in MDA/ Kupchak./ Buss.

#5 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 19, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Were any of those actually questions?

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#6 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 19, 2013 - 01:53 PM

Question 1.  Answer:  The clippers moves this off season was over blown and over hyped. When you think about the so called "big moves" clippers made this off season, the only big move they did make was signing Doc Rivers.  They didn't get dwight, they didnt get anything for bledsoe.  It was over blown by the media and the laker haters. People make it sound like the clippers have a super team but when you look at their roster, they have practicly the same roster like last year. What so super about that? Another round one exit?  Clipper still suck in my book and forever.

Question 2. Answers:  The only sign and trade that make sense to the Lakers is the Golden State trade. However, the only issue there is Dwight doesnt want to go to Golden State so even if the lakers wanted the sign in trade, they are hand tied by D12.  The only sign in trade Lakers was able to do was to get Asik and Lin but only a fool would do that because we will be damaged with asik and lins contract pass 2014.  It doesnt make any sense to do such a thing. Now you may asked "well if we do the sign in trade with GS, wont we be over the cap in 2014?" Answer to that is no. Because they will give us two expiring contracts and maybe a Klay Thompson. And Klay is 10 times better than lin and asik plus KLay is cheap right now with his rookie contract so even if his contract go pass 2014, it wouldnt hurt the lakers.

Question 3 Answers:   Look at answer for question two.  Taking Asik will be a mistake. Kamen only have a one year deal.  Asik have a 4 year deal.  Why would anyone want to trade with the lakers for Asik?  And if people willing to trade for lin and asik, they already have done it. Houston is looking to trade lin and Asik anyway to bring in better players for Dwight. Nobody butdge. It tells me that no other teams want Asik's contract. And Asik was openly saying he doesnt want to be a backup.

Question 4:  Answers:  irrelevant.  Our goal is to get Lebron or Melo and the utimate goal is to get both. But if we dont get it, I cannot sit here and say what our lineups going to be. Most likely the lakers will wait for another year for the 2015 summer when better free agency comes to play.  My thought is most likely we will get Jennings because he is the only player that openly wanted to play for the lakers.

Question 5:  Answers: The point guard position is actually kind of set believe it or not.  The reason lakers sign Jordan Farmer to a two year deal instead of a one year is because they hoping Jordan might be good enough to start. Now Blake is playing really well end of last season. People tend to forget that. If Nash struggles, Blake most likely will take over.  There is no point of trying to ruined our cap room just to pick up a PG that is better than Nash. And the idea of trading Nash is stupid. Nobody would want to take a 39 year old PG off our hands. We are stuck with nash until he retires.  People have this idea that other teams would jump over boxes to trade for nash. Please

Edited by epicwolf, July 19, 2013 - 01:56 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#7 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 19, 2013 - 02:13 PM

And the idea of trading Nash is stupid. Nobody would want to take a 39 year old PG off our hands. We are stuck with nash until he retires.  People have this idea that other teams would jump over boxes to trade for nash. Please

Absolutely agree.  Not attributing the view to you in any way, but some folks here can see that, and at the same time want to defend Mitch as some sort of super-GM.  Who does an s&t for a 38 YO PG with a bad bad and gives up 4 draft picks in the process?  

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,580 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 19, 2013 - 03:33 PM

go away clipper fan...

just because its lonely... doesn't mean you have to come here and bug us

#9 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,566 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted July 19, 2013 - 03:56 PM

*have

#10 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 12:23 PM

I'm a huge laker fan buddy lol

#11 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Did I Say anything negative ofcoarse as a laker fan im upset

#12 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Trading Nash is not an option maybe if he plays real well and Toronto wants to sell tickets. Or a team is really hurting. But we do have an option I heard about on max and Marcellus its called stretch something I forgot but we can get him off r books next year.

#13 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 12:35 PM

Abd for the guy listing the pg

We need to see Bledsoe start wall hasn't blown me out the water. Holiday is great but he started too fade last year. Curry is injury prone. Rondo had no jumper either actually you might of described what people used to say about rondo. Bledsoe is a great defender .

I see a lot of potential as long as the team is his this year. I see him more as a westbrook pg explosive fast takes chances on d but causes turnovers and can get to the basket and score. His jump shot will come.

Let's see what he does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users