Photo

Report: Suns Looking To Trade PG Kendall Marshall

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 08:35 PM

http://blacksportson...ndall-marshall/

“He’s out there,” said a member of one personnel department, meaning Marshall is available.

“They’re trying to attach him to pretty much any deal that comes up,” another executive said here at Summer League. “If you want to talk about any of their players, they include him. He’s basically the price of admission to any trade right now.”

Suns-looking-to-trade-kendall-marshall.j
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Pretty sure I remember Real Deal wanting this guy as a Laker when he was in the draft. What do you guys think?

By the way, is it just me, or does he look a little like mini LeBron Royce White in the face?

yo.

#2 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 820 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Pretty sure I remember Real Deal wanting this guy as a Laker when he was in the draft. What do you guys think?

By the way, is it just me, or does he look a little like mini LeBron Royce White in the face?

I think that's mostly the beard haha, seems to be a popular style now.

Even though he is a superb passer, that's not enough to cut it in the NBA today. The point guard has never been more important, and athleticism/shooting is arguably more important than actually getting into the double digits in assists. If he worked on his shot, I could see a Steve Nash lite, but that's being really optimistic. Hope he succeeds though, it doesn't look like there's another "Steve Nash, flashy pass" in the league right now other than Rubio.

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:17 PM

Pretty sure I remember Real Deal wanting this guy as a Laker when he was in the draft.

Kendall Marshall pissed me off.  He didn't work on his shot, didn't hit the gym, and he could never establish himself as a threat on the floor (which is what all PG's have to do).  Again, a very good passer...but it means nothing if teams are anticipating the pass EVERY SINGLE TIME you have the ball in your hands.

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:19 PM

^ Do you think it's too late for him though to fix a lot of that? Perhaps the right place, system, players & coaches around him could help?

yo.

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 11:55 PM

he has only been in the nba 1 year...

I think he can still get his act together

#6 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 18, 2013 - 12:13 AM

If the suns don't want him and are trying desperately to try and get rid of him, i don't want him near my lakers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users