75 replies to this topic

#41 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 18, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Stop. You're a hypocrite too (no offense). We all are. Don't play that game.

love your zero evidence of that 

FAIL 

#42 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 07:18 PM

Kobe and Shaw was a super team, magic Kareem and Jamaal wilkes and worthy was a super team, Michael Jordan Scottie pippen Dennis rodman was a super team. Wanna keep playing this game?

Yes...because we all know kobe and brain shaw was a super team LMAO  - EXPOSED 

Magic was drafted to the lakers kareem was traded  - They had no choice to play with each other  - EXPOSED 

Michael Jordan was drafted to the bulls and then got pippen - They had no choice to play with each other either - EXPOSED 

Kobe and SHAQ  had no choice to play with each other either - EXPOSED 

Lebron Wade and Bosh 3 of the top 10 players in the league in there primes DECIDED to join Together  - EXPOSED 

Would YOU like to keep playing this game ???

• 40,404 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 07:29 PM

Hopefully the pitch will not be "Come to LA. I can teach you how to be a better winner"

You mean "let me teach you how to be a champion"?

love your zero evidence of that 

FAIL 

Don't need to show you evidence when it's already common sense. If anything YOU FAIL for being too naive & prideful to admit it.

in this humanly world there does not exist, a single person, who consistently acts in agreement with their supposed beliefs and/or feelings.

There are also not many people, if any, that keep the same beliefs and feelings about anything as they progress through this life here on earth. In fact, most people change drastically in the span of a few years on a wide variety of topics. The more a person is willing to read, study, and consider things or be open minded, the faster these values will change.

The ability to adapt and change is one of the strongest traits of humans. If we were unable to change the way we feel or the beliefs we have; then the world would still be flat, spartan children would still be tossed off a cliff if they had signs of weakness or birth defects, there would still be slaves, and we’d all still be making sacrifices to the rain god(s) during droughts.

The question really is: “What’s wrong with being a hypocrite?”

Rather, why do people dismiss the entire beliefs and feelings of other people on the basis that they are a hypocrite? Is this a defense mechanism similar to having faith in religion? Does it allow people to just stop thinking about what they are being asked to consider?

“Oh, ignore him, he’s just a hypocrite.”

People honestly feel that if your actions or words are not consistent with what you state you feel and believe that they can openly dismiss any argument, any wisdom, or any education that could bestowed upon them. But if being a hypocrite is enough for such a dismissal, then we would not be able to learn, grow, or listen to anyone because everyone is literally a hypocrite.

Think about it. Priests that sin, doctors that smoke, police officers that speed, nutritionists that are fat, financial advisers that are broke and live paycheck to paycheck, the list goes on and on.

Are these examples enough to call these people hypocrites and dismiss everything they know? Of course not, that would be ridiculous notion wouldn’t it? So why does this happen on a social level, perhaps with people who aren’t professionals?

Maybe you have a friend you play baseball with and he tells you not to drop your back shoulder when you swing and then when he goes and bats he drops his back shoulder? Dismiss what he said?

A friend that says you should go to the gym 3x a week, no excuses, and then has an excuse not to go himself, was his advice bad now that he’s a hypocrite? Of course not, we all know exercise is very important.

How about the friend that is a “health nut” and tells you what you should and shouldn’t eat and then you find him one day eating at McDonald’s, dismiss everything he told you? Of course not.

The reality is, whether or not someone is a hypocrite (we all are at some point anyways), should have essentially nothing to do with whether or not the information you received from them is valid or invalid, but rather, you should still take the time to do your own research, form your own opinion, and go from there. You owe it to yourself. Don’t be an idiot and dismiss people for being hypocrites. As I sit here and tell you not to dismiss people for being hypocrites, I’m sure at some point in the future I will do precisely that and dismiss someone for being a hypocrite.

I’m going to help you out here because the reality is you’re not going to want to consider everything everyone says. Think of being a hypocrite as being on a sliding scale. You have 0 on the left and 100 on the right and in between those two lines is the percentage where everyone falls into as far as being a hypocrite goes. If you’re a 0, you’re never a hypocrite and if you’re a 100 then you’re always a hypocrite. What you need to and should determine is where on the scale the person you’re talking to or communicating with falls before you decide to up and dismiss them.

Generally speaking, if someone is > 50% of a hypocrite on what they are communicating to you are about, just drop them. If they don’t believe in what they say enough, that they go against what they say more than half the time, then there beliefs and feelings aren’t working for them, so why should they work for you?

hypocrite_vs_teacher_quote-400x250-300x1

If you’ve got that friend who you caught at McDonald’s that one time but you know they only go a few times a year and are probably only a 3-5% hypocrite, then don’t dismiss them so easily, there is more merit to what someone tells you when they actually do it themselves pretty consistently. Those are the people with information, beliefs, and values you may want to consider. This doesn’t mean they are right or that you’ll agree, but it might be worth considering what they are saying is all I am telling you.

Whatever you do, don’t just dismiss them on the basis that they are a hypocrite without determining how much of a hypocrite they are, because then you’d just be a big idiot. If you’re already dismissing people on this basis you might be hopeless already but I am willing to try. You can stay an ignorant idiot if you’d like for life, but you’re no better than the people you are dismissing, because it isn’t feasible for anyone to be consistently harmonious with the same beliefs and feelings throughout their entire life.

yo.

#44 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 08:14 PM

FAIL

monologue unread  

• 40,404 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 08:19 PM

FAIL

Keep telling yourself that there buddy. Everyone else knows this, but I guess you're just too stubborn & prideful or blind to see it. You're only fooling yourself.

Edited by    , July 18, 2013 - 08:20 PM.

yo.

#46 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,161 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 18, 2013 - 08:21 PM

Yes...because we all know kobe and brain shaw was a super team LMAO  - EXPOSED 

Magic was drafted to the lakers kareem was traded  - They had no choice to play with each other  - EXPOSED 

Michael Jordan was drafted to the bulls and then got pippen - They had no choice to play with each other either - EXPOSED 

Kobe and SHAQ  had no choice to play with each other either - EXPOSED 

Lebron Wade and Bosh 3 of the top 10 players in the league in there primes DECIDED to join Together  - EXPOSED 

Would YOU like to keep playing this game ???

First, a spelling correction?  Obviously you knew what I meant.

The fact I was stating which obviously you missed was that superteams in the NBA win championships and the Lakers have had their fair shares of them.

It doesn't matter how the team gets together what matters is that

Were the Lakers with Johnson/Kareem/Worthy Wilkes etc   Superteams?  Yes.

Were the Bulls with Michael, Pippen and Rodman a superteam?  Yes

Were the minni Lakers a superteam which is the reason they got so many darn championships before coming to LA?  Yes

Was the Chamberlain Jerry West Lakers team a superteam?   Yes 

The fact of the matter is that all dynasties are superteams, no matter how they are put together.

You're trying to say "Well they CHOSE to play together! That's not the same thing.".

That's not the point. 

Whether through trade's or the draft were they superteams?  The answer is yes, so there's no point in trying to find a way around it.

The point is that superteams win championships and the Lakers have had their fair share.  So trying to knock the Lakers or their fans for wanting Carmelo and LeBron on the same team with Kobe is not something to knock.  It's common sense.   You trying to say "building a super team in the draft and trading for those players is not the same thing!"

Well they traded Divac for Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol....   EXPOSED!!!  :) 

Oh and LeBron going to the Heat was a sign and trade.... EXPOSED!!!

The only thing you've EXPOSED is that you're an idiot :)

Edited by Majesty, July 18, 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#47 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 18, 2013 - 08:29 PM

I've grown to automatically disregard the argument/person who only uses attacks and "fail" in their typing, even though I have no previous knowledge of his posts. It's kind of sad. 

#48 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 08:30 PM

Steve Nash planting the seeds:

Nice and humble guy. It's really unlikely he'll go the Michael Beasley route with his great attitude. I would love if he became a Laker next year or someday, but it's really unlikely. 

• 40,404 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 08:32 PM

He's Canadian. Of course he's nice.

yo.

#50 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,385 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted July 18, 2013 - 09:07 PM

He's going to take a paycut anyway lol
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#51 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,332 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2013 - 09:20 PM

nba_g_bryantjames_gb1_600.jpg

They are plotting.

high_school.jpg

:pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Edited by Chad, July 18, 2013 - 09:23 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#52 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 18, 2013 - 09:35 PM

I will admit I don't want either of them on the Laker squad..... But if they were or one was signed and the Lakers add other nice key pieces, I would be all in as long as the product competes and wins rings. Isn't that what the Lakers are all about? I dislike LeBron but dislike that guy for leaving LA more... If and that's a big if LBJ and or Memo signs with LA...... All I want is for one to dunk on that guy that left LA and keep him from winning a ring.
Posted Image

#53 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,332 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Kevin-Love-says-he-wants-to-meet-Lolo-Jo

Kobe already did a little recruiting last summer.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#54 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted July 19, 2013 - 12:11 AM

my theory is that Metta went to the knicks to work as a liason between Kobe and Melo to get him on board and sign with the Lakers. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#55 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,161 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 19, 2013 - 01:06 AM

Seriously though LISTEN to how Kobe said initially about "not" taking a paycut

Now did that even SOUND like he was being serious about not taking a paycut?  Or did it sound like he was just making a point?

Just making a point obviously. But people that want to bash Kobe loved to construe it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#56 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 11:25 AM

First, a spelling correction?  Obviously you knew what I meant.

The fact I was stating which obviously you missed was that superteams in the NBA win championships and the Lakers have had their fair shares of them.

It doesn't matter how the team gets together what matters is that

Were the Lakers with Johnson/Kareem/Worthy Wilkes etc   Superteams?  Yes.

Were the Bulls with Michael, Pippen and Rodman a superteam?  Yes

Were the minni Lakers a superteam which is the reason they got so many darn championships before coming to LA?  Yes

Was the Chamberlain Jerry West Lakers team a superteam?   Yes 

The fact of the matter is that all dynasties are superteams, no matter how they are put together.

You're trying to say "Well they CHOSE to play together! That's not the same thing.".

That's not the point. 

Whether through trade's or the draft were they superteams?  The answer is yes, so there's no point in trying to find a way around it.

The point is that superteams win championships and the Lakers have had their fair share.  So trying to knock the Lakers or their fans for wanting Carmelo and LeBron on the same team with Kobe is not something to knock.  It's common sense.   You trying to say "building a super team in the draft and trading for those players is not the same thing!"

Well they traded Divac for Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol....   EXPOSED!!!  :) 

Oh and LeBron going to the Heat was a sign and trade.... EXPOSED!!!

The only thing you've EXPOSED is that you're an idiot :)

your entitled to your logical fallacies 

its common knowledge the miami big three chose to go to miami 

the only thing you have exposed is that you are a delusional idiot who is thirsty 

• 40,404 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 11:30 AM

the only thing you have exposed is that you are a delusional idiot who is thirsty 

12766-cm127660500750ffb9ec0jpeg-63Wu.jpe

yo.

#58 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 19, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Everyone that think Lebron and Melo to the Lakers is a bad thing needs to stfu. This is the [expletive]ing lakers? Do you not want to win? We have 16 championships. We want that 17th and we want to pass the Celtics. All I see are bunch of idiots wanting to lose and get draft picks.. We will win with Melo and Lebron or any superteam we get later on. Winning is all that matters... stfu please.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,404 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 11:54 AM

We want that 17th and we want to pass the Celtics.

Yes. The sooner we pass those green bastards the better.

Edited by    , July 19, 2013 - 12:08 PM.

yo.

#60 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 12:06 PM

12766-cm127660500750ffb9ec0jpeg-63Wu.jpe

Haha he's so mad. And nobody here is really sure why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users