#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,065 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Are any of us REALLY surprised?   Lakers are going after BOTH and Kobe is willing to take a paycut to get one or both here.

Lakers eyeing Melo, LeBron

nba_g_anthony_b1_200.jpg

Bryant will be the highest-paid player in the league next season with a $30.5 million salary. For the Lakers to maintain enough room to pursue two max-level free agents, he'd need to play for quite a bit less.

"As a businessman the goal is always to not take a pay cut," Bryant said. "But ..."

Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin last week that he intends to be involved in the Lakers' recruiting efforts for 2014 and is looped into the team's decision-making.

"It's an open conversation, via text and also meeting in person and just picking up the phone and calling," Bryant said of his involvement. "They've kept me in the loop pretty well."

Read More Here: http://espn.go.com/l...bron-james-2014

It was pretty obvious what he told in that one interview was just him speaking from a businessman perspective how it'd be stupid to say he would take a paycut. 

But when talking about the prospect of taking a paycut if it meant getting LeBron and or Carmelo on the Lakers with Dave Mcten he went "Well as a businessman the goal is to not take a paycut.   buuuuut......." 

Yeah Kobe would.  He's not gonna choose an outlandish amount of more money over a championship.  

Especially if LeBron and Carmelo are on the table.   Kobe's not stupid.

Edited by Majesty, July 17, 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:11 PM

This isnt legit

#3 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,065 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:16 PM

This isnt legit

Yeah as we've learned from Chris Broussard, even if Kobe says it he's not the best source on things he himself will do...

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:36 PM

Watch the NBA press colusion charges on the lakers...
As sterns last shot

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,065 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Watch the NBA press colusion charges on the lakers...
As sterns last shot

lol I wouldn't be surprised.

But I think the Lakers can do a better job of keeping it under wraps better than a team like say the Clippers did.

I think that's another reason why Kobe isn't verbally committing.. to the media at least.

But that "Buuuuuut...." is very telling 

told us all we need to know ;)

But if he says that he intends on taking a massive paycut to get Carmelo and LeBron both here the league would try to find SOME loophole to prevent that from happening.

A team of Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James steamrolls the league with ease.

Stern would be so conflicted :laughing:    Cause it would be upping Kobe's ring count but ALSO LeBron's, he won't know what the heck to do! :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, July 17, 2013 - 01:40 PM.

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:47 PM

But I think the Lakers can do a better job of keeping it under wraps better than a team like say the Clippers did.

I think that's another reason why Kobe isn't verbally committing.. to the media at least.

Good point.

But that "Buuuuuut...." is very telling

Yeah, that is one big lovely but.

yo.

#7 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,098 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:47 PM

"As a businessman the goal is always to not take a pay cut," Bryant said. "But ..."

Old news is old.

This is not related to recruiting Melo and/or Lebron. That particular news and the OP make it seem like it is.

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:49 PM

^ Click the link though. There's new perspective and commentary on it.

yo.

#9 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Not happening neither would Kobe or I want it to happen! He wants to be the man on the team with people who accept what he wants to do. Keep Lebron and Melo where their at

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,065 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Not happening neither would Kobe or I want it to happen! He wants to be the man on the team with people who accept what he wants to do. Keep Lebron and Melo where their at

No.. it's just you.

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Not happening neither would Kobe or I want it to happen!

Kobe doesn't wanna' win? You don't wanna' win? You don't want the Lakers to win?

yo.

#12 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Kobe doesn't wanna' win? You don't wanna' win? You don't want the Lakers to win?

lol "fans" these days.

Edited by Ham, July 17, 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#13 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yea you don't know what you are talking about......so stop.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,065 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:17 PM

That was the perfect microcosm of the way some fans do think though.

They feel because they feel a certain way and then vicariously make it the way their favorite player thinks.

The reality is Kobe would be willing to swallow pride and take a paycut if it meant winning a championship, the fan isn't.

But once those wins start rolling in they aren't gonna sit back and refuse to enjoy it.

As a trio of Carmelo, Kobe and LeBron are breaking the Bulls record and going undefeated in the playoffs do you think that Lakers fans are gonna sit back and go "I can't stand this cause its LeBron and Carmelo."

yeah so what?  If Kobe retires with 8 rings and LeBron retires with 4 or 5 so what?  

it would be possibly the greatest trio in the HISTORY of basketball and it would be on the LAKERS which is the team you root for.

If Michael Jordan had come to the Lakers out of college like he wanted to and teamed up with Magic would you sit and say "Man I wish he went to some other team and was our rival instead."

No.. you wouldn't.

If you don't want Carmelo, Kobe and LeBron in your starting lineup together as a Lakers fan then you need to swallow your pride and let go of your hate.

I swallowed my pride when Karl Malone became a Laker because regardless of how much I hated the things he said about Magic leading to his second retirement, I rooted for him that year because he was a Laker.

And you know what? I honestly got to notice and respect and appreciate things about his game that I had blinded myself to when he was on a rival team and I couldn't stand him.    It's worth it when you win.   

If Kobe, LeBron and Carmelo are hoisting trophies in the next 3 peat I'm not gonna complain that I wish Kobe had done it all by himself.   It doesn't ruin his legacy at all.  If he retires with 8 does it ruin his legacy?  No.    Even if you're more a Kobe fan than a Laker fan you should rejoice at the chance for him to retire with 8 rings.   

I don't know why anyone that's a Lakers fan OR a Kobe fan more so would be against that.

#15 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 580 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:43 PM

If you seriously want lebron on the lakers 

you must be mad thirsty 

so you basically want lebron on the lakers to form a ''super team'' just like Miami did 

hypocrisy much 

• 40,378 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:48 PM

hypocrisy much 

Stop. You're a hypocrite too (no offense). We all are. Don't play that game.

yo.

#17 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,068 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:56 PM

Ultimately it's about winning rings. The lakers need to have premier talent. I dislike lebron as much as the next guy but if he's available you try and get him

#18 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 295 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 17, 2013 - 04:15 PM

I believe the collective bargaining agreement prohibits a player from taking a pay cut.  He can, at the conclusion of a contract, take less of course, but we are stuck tiwh Kobe's salary until next summer. 

#19 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 04:25 PM

I believe the collective bargaining agreement prohibits a player from taking a pay cut.  He can, at the conclusion of a contract, take less of course, but we are stuck tiwh Kobe's salary until next summer. 

That's the point he takes a paycut for next summer...

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#20 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 17, 2013 - 04:31 PM

If they can land Melo and WIGGINS, I'd allow it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users