#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,727 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:48 PM

Melo is one of the best and most dangerous scorers in the league but when he goes cold there's not much he can offer. It happened a few times in the playoffs.

Guys like Kobe and LeBron have a variety of ways to get their teammates involved when they struggle to score.

Exactly, that is why Carmelo would benefit from having Kobe leading the team.    Carmelo's only other person to rely on in New York is JR Smith.

If JR Smith was Kobe Bryant instead and was the guy initiating the offense how much more successful do you think Carmelo would be when he can finally play the 4 and finally settle into the off-ball role?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,398 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:54 PM

The only missing piece would still be at the coaching and that's where the all-time NBA greatest coach & legend Mr. Phil Jackson would come in. Close to perfection.

nba_g_anthony_james_bryant1x_203.jpg

While I was driving back from school today, one of the sports radio station here in San Diego brought up a possible scenario. First, Kobe Bryant has the biggest net worth in the NBA. So him taking a major pay-cut may be possible. Secondly, not only do these guys want to win rings, but they want to make history. We all know Kobe and LeBron are going to go down as top 10 players who have ever played the game. Someone though brought up a good point. These players may be planning to be the greatest regular-season team ever, exceeding the 95-96 Bulls. So them coming together will give them an opportunity to do something special/ When you have LeBron, Bryant, Anthony, on your team, you are going to attract other players who will take less. Mavericks are struggling to reload, and Dirk is not getting any happier. Who knows what can happen in this league?

Good post, good points.

yo.

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:56 PM

BOOOOOOO

#24 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,324 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:56 PM

well yeah but will Melo really change his game? I'm not sold on Melo adjusting. He still hasn't figure it out yet that its a team game and its on him, and he's really the problem, He has to look at himself.  The only way I see it working if we first get a coach who knows how to handle big egos, and then run the triangle offense (I think I know who is the perfect fit for this job xD). I mean he was great in the Olympics yes, but that is a small sample size and Team USA's talent surpassed any other team so u can play great next to anyone on Team USA. Phil said it best

Perhaps with his 29th birthday celebration this week, Carmelo Anthony should treat himself to Phil Jackson's book, "Sacred Hoops."

That's what Jackson hopes Melo, whom he called a "terrific player," purchases to learn what it takes to become an NBA champion.

"He's one step away from getting there and having that opportunity," Jackson said on Thursday during an interview on Bloomberg Radio's "Taking Stock" with Pimm Fox and Carol Massar. "Having had [a championship] as an NCAA player, it's something he must crave."

In "Sacred Hoops," Jackson describes coaching the greatest player ever, who also needed some motivation from the "Zen Master" himself.

"It's a book in which I address the fact that Michael Jordan's a leading scorer, he's got the capability of being a terrific scorer," Jackson said, "but that he's got to get his other teammates involved and he's got to make it a team game."

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 17, 2013 - 02:00 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

• 40,398 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:00 PM

^ Damn, Phil just planting the seeds. Gotta' love it.

yo.

#26 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Phil, as a consultant or whatever the hell he is for this franchise, will help us attract pieces in 2014. 

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#27 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Never gonna happen. Don't want it to anyway. Have some respect for the franchise. Don't just buy wins. Develop wins. Every single person here on LN dissed LBJ, Wade and Bosh for Super Friending up. And now y'all hypocrites hope we do the exact same thing. Garbage.

• 40,398 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:06 PM

Every single person here on LN dissed LBJ, Wade and Bosh for Super Friending up. And now y'all hypocrites hope we do the exact same thing. Garbage.

Please don't play that game. It's hardly ever valid since the person (no offense you too here) always bringing it up is always one themselves. That's just factual. It's human nature. Nobody is innocent of hypocrisy. There's never an outright winner if you wanna' be completely fair.

yo.

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,727 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:18 PM

well yeah but will Melo really change his game? I'm not sold on Melo adjusting. He still hasn't figure it out yet that its a team game and its on him, and he's really the problem, He has to look at himself.  The only way I see it working if we first get a coach who knows how to handle big egos, and then run the triangle offense (I think I know who is the perfect fit for this job xD). I mean he was great in the Olympics yes, but that is a small sample size and Team USA's talent surpassed any other team so u can play great next to anyone on Team USA. Phil said it best

So Phil Jackson the new consultant for the Lakers is asking Carmelo Anthony to read the book he had Michael Jordan read in order to become the team player he wanted to be one year before Carmelo is potentially coming to the Lakers...

Subtle Phil.. subtle :laughing: :bounce:

#30 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:29 PM

Kobe would love to play with Melo & LeBron. I'm sure Kobe wants to go through last season again, but for a much longer time and worse. :rofl:  He is already trying to recruit them, probably. If you want to rebuild though the draft then we need to trade Kobe, because having him on the team is going to be a detriment to that cause. Unless you like crap lottery picks.

Edited by Chad, July 17, 2013 - 02:32 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,398 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Wiggins.

yo.

#32 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 185 posts
  • Name:John
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Doubt it happens, but it would be amazing if it did.

Dwight would probably demand another trade...

Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Wiggins.

Posted Image

#33 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Never gonna happen. Don't want it to anyway. Have some respect for the franchise. Don't just buy wins. Develop wins. Every single person here on LN dissed LBJ, Wade and Bosh for Super Friending up. And now y'all hypocrites hope we do the exact same thing. Garbage.

two players (LBJ and Kobe) will already have multiple rings. Its a little different.  As long as the Lakers keeping winning then idc how they win.

#34 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:43 PM

from what ive seen on and off the court, kobe and lebron dont have a good relationship. they play great together but thats about it, so i dont think its gonna happen. different situation with melo though

#35 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,332 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Get off Eddie jones number lebron!!!

#36 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:01 PM

I still hate SUPER FRIENDS so why would I want V2.0 on my LALs?

#37 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,123 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:27 PM

We would be stupid not to be interested in LeBron. Of course we are going to target him. Other teams will try to make a push as well. We'll try to make our pitch, and if he wants to come here, great. We have the best player in the world. If he doesn't, then no big deal. We have nothing to lose.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#38 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:44 PM

Kobe's facial expression right there pretty much sums things up in that pic

• 40,398 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Because the Lakers winning first & foremost and putting up more banners than the Boston Celtics is greater than hate.

yo.

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,727 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 04:44 PM

Cause you're a Lakers fan and want them to win? Pretty easy answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users