TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted June 16, 2010 - 09:14 PM

Man Utd striker Hernandez to start for Mexico against France

17.06.10 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Manchester United, World Cup
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez is set to get a World Cup start with Mexico.

Hernandez should start for Mexico against France today.

Hernandez, touted as the country's best hitman since Hugo Sanchez, came on in the 1-1 draw with South Africa last Friday.

And Carlos Reinoso, veteran coach of Mexican club side America, said: "He's different, scores and is quick. Speed is very important at this level and Hernandez can be lethal."
http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-utd-striker-hernandez-start-mexico-against-france-913831

please be true please be true please be true.

Tomorrow is going to be the greatest day ever or the worst day ever :censored: :laughing:

What if Mexico and the Lakers lose????? :no:
[expletive] im so nervous i don't even want to think about it.

Edited by HipHopOpotamus, June 16, 2010 - 09:14 PM.

#242 Brand New

Brand New

Good Enough

• 1,033 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2010 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image

CHICHARITO! Amazing win!

#243 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted June 17, 2010 - 12:30 PM

[expletive] YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH MEXICOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! VAMOOOOOSS!! :rock:

Posted Image

Should we play the tie with uruguay or go for the win? If we tie we'll most likely have to play Argentina?! [expletive].

#244 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted June 17, 2010 - 12:41 PM

For Mexico soccer fans. If you could choose only one which one would you choose. Mexico wins the World Cup or Lakers Beat the Celtics tonight?
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#245 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted June 17, 2010 - 01:01 PM

Chad Ochocinco :laughing:

Posted Image

Edited by HipHopOpotamus, June 17, 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#246 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted June 22, 2010 - 08:26 AM

Aguirre needs to bench Franco. And Cuau should never start he should only get 15-20 minutes a game.

#247 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 01:36 PM

Side not: Pablo Barerra will play in Europe after the world cup (Calling it now)

Called It

Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are battling to pip Lazio to the signing of Mexico World Cup 2010 super-sub Pablo Barrera, according to the Daily Mail.

The Pumas wide man has followed impressive domestic campaign with his performances in South Africa and has already attracted a loan bid from the Serie A. Despite offering to make the deal permanent in a year's time for £3 million, the switch was rejected.

The same scouts that recommended £10 million United signing Javier Hernandez are believed to have alerted Sir Alex Ferguson to the player and the manager could be set to move in. Spurs are also set to enter the race for the tricky winger who notched 12 goals in 28 league games last term.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1288902/Manchester-United-Tottenham-targeting-Mexico-super-sub-Pablo-Barrera.html

Lazio, Tottenham, and MANU are all interested in Pablo Barrera

#248 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,287 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted June 23, 2010 - 01:44 PM

really have to get argentina back for 2006.

will mexico ever win a world cup? :hmm:

#249 Brand New

Brand New

Good Enough

• 1,033 posts

Posted June 27, 2010 - 03:11 PM

The first goal was a [expletive]ing joke, should of been called an offside it was SO obvious. pretty [expletive]ing pathetic. And the second goal Osorio just lost all concentration and gave away the game. Third goal was sadly....fantastic. The only real goal for Argentina. Sad to see Mexico go out like this but in 4 years Mexico is gonna be back and stronger then ever with all this youth, like Chicharito, Dos Santos, Vela, Juarez, Barerra, Ochoa and many others.

#250 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted June 27, 2010 - 03:39 PM

That first goal of Argentina's which definitely shouldn't have counted really [expletive]ed Mexico in the arse. They just could've recover after that mentally especially & it didn't help that Osorio pretty much gave Argentina a gift goal on the 2nd. The only legitimate goal if you think about it was Tevezs' so it really could've been more of a game than it seemed, but oh well I guess. Mexico actually got pretty damn close more than various times with opportunities, but just couldn't quite get it in.

#251 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 04, 2010 - 01:37 PM

West Ham hunt Mexican World Cup star Barrera

Impressive Mexican winger Pablo Barrera is being chased by West Ham, who hope to sign the 23-year-old for £3million.

Currently with Mexican club Pumas, the right-winger was outstanding for his club last season, scoring 14 goals and contributing six assists in 31 games. He also impressed during the World Cup with his speed, dribbling and crossing ability. He was an IMScouting Player-to-Watch earlier this year.

According to The People, West Ham are preparing to make a bid for the talented Mexican and will look to beat Celtic to Barrera's signature.

The Hammers have been linked with a host of players, but have so far failed to make any significant signings this summer. West Ham co-owners David Gold and David Sullivan have made it clear that they intend to overhaul the Upton Park squad this summer.

If a bid is accepted, West Ham will give a stringent medical to Barrera, who underwent a cruciate ligament operation a year ago.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/West-Ham-hunt-Mexican-star-Barrera/8663/

Edited by Spooky, July 04, 2010 - 01:42 PM.

#252 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 04, 2010 - 03:01 PM

^ He's very explosive/quick and can create very well off the 'dribble'. Good for him.

#253 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 06, 2010 - 05:56 PM

CELTIC have launched a dramatic bid to sign Mexico's World Cup winger Pablo Barrera.

The 23-year-old's agent travelled to Glasgow last week for talks with Hoops chief executive Peter Lawwell.
SunSport can reveal sources in Mexico have confirmed the winger IS interested in making the most stunning SPL move of this summer to play for Neil Lennon.
Lightning quick Barrera who's nicknamed Dynamite, played against France, Uruguay and Argentina before his country went out at the last-16 stage.
He has made it known he is willing to leave Mexican club Universidad Nacional, nicknamed the Pumas, to further his career in Europe.
That has sparked a major chase for his signature - and Celtic have made sure they are right at the front of the queue by opening talks.
Both Everton and West Ham are also believed to have made £5million bids for Barrera, while West Brom are another club in the frame.
But the fact his agent Jorge Berlanga made the 12,000-mile round-trip to meet Lawwell shows the player is giving serious thought to continuing his career in Scotland.
Another Hoops target Joe Ledley was back at Parkhead for talks last night as boss Neil Lennon continues his summer spree.
Cardiff City star Ledley has been Lennon's top target, but Celts feared he would go to Stoke.
But Ledley was locked in fresh talks with Lennon and could decide on a move to the SPL.
Meanwhile, Guinea full-back Ibrahima Camara, left, is expected to arrive on trial from French side Le Mans later this week with a view to a permanent deal.
Free agent George Boateng has also been linked with a move to Parkhead after leaving Hull.

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz0sxPuoOEf

Now the list of teams interested in P. Barrera: Lazio, Espanyol, West Ham, West Bromwich, and Celtic

:thumsbup:

Personally I hope he goes to the EPL or La Liga

Giovani dos Santos pleads with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp for one more chance to make his mark

Giovani dos Santos has begged Harry Redknapp to give him a final chance at Tottenham.

The Mexico international has failed to live up to his billing since arriving at White Hart Lane from Barcelona in 2008.

The £8.6million forward had loan spells at Ipswich and Galatasaray after injuring his ankle and has made just a handful of Premier League outings for Spurs

But after an impressive World Cup in South Africa, 21-year-old Dos Santos is determined to make his mark in north London.

He said: 'During my time at Spurs I just haven't had any luck. There have been injury setbacks, difficulties adapting, and few chances from the coach.

'But I feel I have matured and I am still very ambitious. When I left Barcelona my dream was to be a success in the Premier League - and I still think that is possible.

'I have a good relationship with Harry Redknapp, with all the coaches, so I'm not going to head back there looking for controversy. I'll accept their decisions.

'But I just think I can prove myself here with some patience and opportunities. I need to speak to the club to understand how they look at me - but ideally I want to stay.'

Redknapp was running out of patience with the Mexican's love of the London nightlife but the Spurs boss reassured Dos Santos he is still part of his plans.

'If he could pass a nightclub as well as he can pass a ball he would be alright,' said Redknapp.

'He's got bags of ability and fantastic skill. He's had a great World Cup. If he knuckles down this year he could be a top player.

'He's a nice kid and I hope he keeps his head down and gets on with the job.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292103/Giovani-dos-Santos-pleads-Spurs-boss-Harry-Redknapp-final-chance.html#ixzz0soglDAx6

Edited by Spooky, July 06, 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#254 lakerstefi

lakerstefi

Polakers

• 2,392 posts

Posted July 07, 2010 - 10:13 AM

Now the list of teams interested in P. Barrera: Lazio, Espanyol, West Ham, West Bromwich, and Celtic

:thumsbup:

Personally I hope he goes to the EPL or La Liga

Poor guy, I hope he doesn't end up in Espanyol :laughing:

#255 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 08, 2010 - 02:39 PM

Pablo Barrera joins West Ham United from UNAM Pumas

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/08/2015474/pablo-barrera-joins-west-ham-united-from-unam-pumas-report

#256 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 11, 2010 - 03:07 PM

Efrain Juarez joins Celtic from UNAM Pumas

http://excelsior.com.mx/index.php?m=nota&id_nota=559663

#257 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 11, 2010 - 04:23 PM

Benfica Interested in Andres Guardado

http://www.goal.com/es-us/news/2214/mercado/2010/07/11/2020990/mercado-podr%C3%ADa-emigrar-andr%C3%A9s-guardado-al-benfica

#258 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 16, 2010 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image

:rock:

Edited by Spooky, July 16, 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#259 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 09:12 PM

Nery Castillo to Chicago Fire

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=5389595

Nery Castillo to the MLS? :blink:

I actually think this is a good move. After being in that f'd up situation at Shakthar hopefully now he can get his form back.

And now i have a reason to watch a few MLS games this season :laughing:

Oh and minor news... Omar Bravo(garbage) also headed to the MLS.. (Kansas City I believe)

#260 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 07:09 PM

Rafa Marquez to NY RedBulls?

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=24395

Thierry Henry, Rafa Marquez and Nery Castillo all in the MLS?? :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users