• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:55 PM

I don't even want the Clippers in LA. Move to San Diego or something. They can deal with them.

Posted Image

#22 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:00 PM

Last time I checked they still lost in the first round last season, just like us.

Exactly I guess they choose to forget about that

#23 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:03 PM

We're building the team deepening the bench and filling up spots at Kobe, Nash's and Gasol's positions so that they don't have to play heavy minutes. Pretty much surrounding the three vets Kobe, Pau and Nash with youth and athleticism.

The Clippers on the other hand got a guy that loves defense and post based offense and then built the team with three point shooters that play no defense and no post players....

=p

The lakers are just tryna survive til next year not building a team..and doc rivers has a big say in what players the clippers aquire hes not only the head coach but the VP of operations or watever

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,118 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Exactly I guess they choose to forget about that

50 win season mostly healthy and being bounced in the first round is easier to forget cause they only talk about the season and try to ignore the playoffs and the fact they were almost swept.

But a 45 win season like we had(though we finished it playing .700 basketball) while being injury ridden, they never talk about that they talk about us losing in the first round.  Just like they don't talk about how a healthy Houston was worse than an injured Lakers team as they try to sell Houston as the better destination and better team now and try to undersell our off-season.

Media loves to conscrew things the ways they want to sell the story.  But those who actually follow the off-season give the Lakers credit for setting themselves up nicely going forward and laughing at Houston for having NOTHING ever since botching the Josh Smith deal and are stuck with a core of Harden, parsons and Howard and an Asik that no longer wants to be there and no bench and half their 3 point shooters gone and in CBA hell :)  Which despite us being in snagged a guy like Nick Young ;)

Edited by Majesty, July 16, 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,833 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 04:45 AM

False.  Orlando and Toronto never initiated the talks in those deals. 

Don't get me wrong currently the clippers have been better for one season. but a lineup with jj reddick and Dudley out there? Please. Clippers could've had derozan or afflalo. Reddick and Dudley don't strike fear to me

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#26 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 17, 2013 - 05:25 AM

Let's get real, how can a team that's named "Clippers" own a town? Seriously, "Clippers", "we talkin bout Clippers; Clippers?"

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#27 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted July 17, 2013 - 05:28 AM

All these talking heads are always in the moment. History means nothing to them. It will take years of winning tradition before little brother teams like the Clippers, Jets, and Mets overtake their big brother counterparts. (Lakers, Giants, and Yankees)

#28 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 17, 2013 - 05:32 AM

50 win season mostly healthy and being bounced in the first round is easier to forget cause they only talk about the season and try to ignore the playoffs and the fact they were almost swept.

But a 45 win season like we had(though we finished it playing .700 basketball) while being injury ridden, they never talk about that they talk about us losing in the first round.  Just like they don't talk about how a healthy Houston was worse than an injured Lakers team as they try to sell Houston as the better destination and better team now and try to undersell our off-season.

Media loves to conscrew things the ways they want to sell the story.  But those who actually follow the off-season give the Lakers credit for setting themselves up nicely going forward and laughing at Houston for having NOTHING ever since botching the Josh Smith deal and are stuck with a core of Harden, parsons and Howard and an Asik that no longer wants to be there and no bench and half their 3 point shooters gone and in CBA hell :)  Which despite us being in snagged a guy like Nick Young ;)

That's because everything short of a Chip is a failure for the Lakers, this organization was not build around good performances of injury riddled teams, division titles or great regular seasons. When you're great, you're held to different standards, everybody focusing on our playoff sweep is correct, that's where the focus should be if you expect to win tittles every year.

On the other hand, for everybody to focus on the Clippers regular season shows you that they're still (and always will be) the OTHER team in LA, the mediocre team, if you're held to a standard in which a great regular season was mild success and lose focus on an early playoff exit, we have nothing to worry about, that means the organization and the fans (bandwagonners) still have that small team mentality.

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#29 lakerknowledge

lakerknowledge

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted July 17, 2013 - 06:31 AM

It would take 25 to 30 years of great Clipper basketball and mediocre Laker basketball for the Clippers to be more popular.  The current Clipper kids (under 20) would have to remain fans untill they have children and pass on their Clipper loyalties.  We are talking about 2 generations to have any impact on Los Angeles.  They Clippers do not have the staying power to overthrough the Laker fanbase. 

From Magic to Kobe and Ceballos in between...

www.facebook.com/lakersallin

#30 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 17, 2013 - 08:22 AM

People say this just to ignite [expletive] but even they themselves know it isn't true.

#31 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:13 AM

Who has the banners in the rafters? Silly Clippers.

#32 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:17 AM

If by that you mean the 'allegiance' of bandwagon fans, then sure.

#33 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:30 AM

Ask anyone anywhere around the world "What's that basketball team in Los Angeles?" The Lakers always come first to mind. 99.9% of the time. If someone even mentions the Clippers, you'd get smacked right in the head.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#34 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:53 AM

This town will NEVER be a clipper town. Even if the Clippers win a championship.  People care more about what happen to the Lakers more than they will ever care about what happens to the Clippers.  Asked anybody around LA.  How many people are excited about Clippers getting a good head coach? Heck even when they land CP3 nobody cares besides Laker haters and Clipper fans.   When the Lakers suck, people care. When the lakers good, people care.  When Clipper suck, nobody cares and when they finally are good (though it is still doubtfull) nobody cares.  Listen to the radio. They only spend maybe a day talking about Doc Rivers and how good the Clippers going to be but spend several months talking about the Dwightmare. 

The only people who said Los Angeles is a Clippers town are two groups of people.  One group are laker haters "including kobe haters in there" and the other is Clipper fans.  But 70% of clipper fans are laker haters anyway.

Clippers will always be the annoying zit that you want to get rid of.  Clippers nation is a joke and so is the franchise and owner.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#35 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 426 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 17, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Go back to San Diego posers.. As if..

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 01:18 PM

The only people who said Los Angeles is a Clippers town are two groups of people.  One group are laker haters "including kobe haters in there" and the other is Clipper fans.  But 70% of clipper fans are laker haters anyway.

Couldn't agree more.

Go back to San Diego posers.. As if..

When you said that, for some reason I pictured you saying it like this:

:laughing:

yo.

#37 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 18, 2013 - 05:39 AM

Clips cant talk about taking over anything until they win Titles by beating Lakers in playoffs

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#38 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 18, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Come on guys, the Clippers took over last year!!! When the LA Kings won the Stanley Cup last year, the Clippers became the only major LA sports team to have not one a CHAMPIONSHIP LOL!!! There the only Staples Center occupant who dont have a title lmao. Hell the Sparks run LA more than the Clippers haha.

LA Teams with Championships

Lakers - check
Dodgers - check
Kings - check
Galaxy - check
Sparks - check
Raiders(when in LA) - check
Clippers - NONE, NOTHING, ZERO, 0!!! :D

So yes, the Clippers have definitely took over LA. They took over as the only title-less team in LA!!! :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users