Photo

Nelly speaks on Kobe, Howard (First Take)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Nelly was on first take and I feel that he knew the real reason why Dwight left. He kept asking why nobody is sayin Dwight left because he didn't wanna play with Kobe. Nelly n d12 are friends and I think he said what Dwight (can't) won't say. Skip n Stephen kept sayin Dwight left because of a lot of the reason people say such as the pressure,not gettin Phil ect. So nelly said "how coke it can't b because he didn't wanna play with Kobe" n he said how Kobe has had 3 of the best centers the past 15yrs and how none of them have anything good to say about Kobe. Then he goes on to say that l.a. has made Kobe a spoiled child (or brat,can't remember). He also said Kobe won't win #6,how Kobe unfollowing Dwight was lame...so they Stephen says how Kobe said he unfollowed him because he is not on his team anymore,at that time nelly said somethin that made me raise my eyebrows....kobe follows over 800 people,those 800 people are not on his team or laker fans n he chose 2 unfolllw Dwight,he is following mark Cuban n he wants 2 beat Kobe so why do that to Dwight....so I go and check it out myself and Kobe really does follow over 800 people and just recently followed cuban. So at the end of the debate the rest of the panel said they get what nelly is saying (about Dwight not wanting to play with Kobe) did anybody else catch that?

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:28 PM

yo.

#3 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:30 PM

He also said how Kobe could've called the higher ups and said give Phil a couple days to think about coming back n he didn't because he wanted to prove he could win without Phil. Also said that we won't make the playoffs and if so we would be out the first round. He also kept saying other people don't want to play with Kobe and how people took pay cuts to play with LeBron. He said a lot,like I say I think he was saying what Dwight can't or won't say

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,647 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Nelly was on first take and I feel that he knew the real reason why Dwight left. He kept asking why nobody is sayin Dwight left because he didn't wanna play with Kobe. Nelly n d12 are friends and I think he said what Dwight (can't) won't say. Skip n Stephen kept sayin Dwight left because of a lot of the reason people say such as the pressure,not gettin Phil ect. So nelly said "how coke it can't b because he didn't wanna play with Kobe" n he said how Kobe has had 3 of the best centers the past 15yrs and how none of them have anything good to say about Kobe. Then he goes on to say that l.a. has made Kobe a spoiled child (or brat,can't remember). He also said Kobe won't win #6,how Kobe unfollowing Dwight was lame...so they Stephen says how Kobe said he unfollowed him because he is not on his team anymore,at that time nelly said somethin that made me raise my eyebrows....kobe follows over 800 people,those 800 people are not on his team or laker fans n he chose 2 unfolllw Dwight,he is following mark Cuban n he wants 2 beat Kobe so why do that to Dwight....so I go and check it out myself and Kobe really does follow over 800 people and just recently followed cuban. So at the end of the debate the rest of the panel said they get what nelly is saying (about Dwight not wanting to play with Kobe) did anybody else catch that?

Shaq and Gasol have a lot of good things to say about Kobe and Bynum and Kobe are still tight so....Dwight is the only one.  Maybe he's the one with the problem

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:31 PM

This was put in the dwight thread. Anyway I will repost what I said. Nelly said stupid things and the way he debated just shows that he was ignorant and quite honest didnt know what he was talking about. Dwight probably told him I dont like Kobe, but who knows why he didnt like kobe? Like Smith said, Dwight wouldnt like Kobe because of the pressure he put on him. Kobe told dwight let me show you how to be a champion, Dwight probably didnt like that.

Nelly talking about the lakers for next season, ok what is your team Nelly? We got 16 chips and 5 in the last 13 years. Dont worry about us.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,868 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:03 PM

LOL Nelly is Dwight's spokesperson:

"He won a gold medal!" --Nelly

:laughing:

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#7 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,304 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Nelly you got caught buddy lol! hater.

#8 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,304 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Basically what Nelly wanted to let out

Is Cube > Nelly

Edited by Michaelyumm, July 16, 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#9 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,576 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:16 PM

It's annoying when people shout over people when they're trying to talk. Shout your opinions when they stop talking.

#10 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,576 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:17 PM

Basically what Nelly wanted to let out

Is Cube > Nelly

Nelly ain't got nothing on Cube. First 2 Nelly albums were good but since then, he fell off. Cube is a highly respected MC. Nelly, not so much.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,647 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Where's KRS-ONE when you need him...

#12 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,105 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:21 PM

Nelly mad cause I smashed Ashanti.

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:36 PM

^ Ashanti got that proper thickness. She was on First Take herself not too long ago:

_http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HNcrMw1yC3E

_http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wDF4uXHcO1c

_http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7M8ruESOXik

Edited by    , July 16, 2013 - 09:36 PM.

yo.

#14 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,105 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ashanti bad from neck down. She built real damn healthy.

#15 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,389 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Nelly? Lol pass.

His opinion means just about as much as mine does. He's a spectator, nothing more.

Why does he deserve a thread here? Regardless of what he said.

Edited by Triple Ocho, July 16, 2013 - 09:48 PM.

EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#16 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,098 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Guys, Nelly never said it. It was all just a dream.

Ok, I will stop now with the bad jokes.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#17 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Shaq and Gasol have a lot of good things to say about Kobe and Bynum and Kobe are still tight so....Dwight is the only one. Maybe he's the one with the problem

So shaq got along wit kobe when they played together? I guess "tell me how my ass taste" was a tribute song to kobe as well..oh and im sure bynum took the whole parking lot phone camera rant real good too im sure he just forgot about it..maybe some ppl just dnt like playing wit kobe.. I personally think other superstars dnt want to play wit him u rarely hear about it and I think theres a reason for it..they respect him but thats about it

#18 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,647 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:01 PM

So shaq got along wit kobe when they played together? I guess "tell me how my ass taste" was a tribute song to kobe as well..oh and im sure bynum took the whole parking lot phone camera rant real good too im sure he just forgot about it..maybe some ppl just dnt like playing wit kobe.. I personally think other superstars dnt want to play wit him u rarely hear about it and I think theres a reason for it..they respect him but thats about it

Shaq: We had a hundred bad times and a million good times.

Shaq: I was not a triangle player, Phil had me an outside of the triangle center and would run the plays for forwards, and Kobe was able to find me and make it easier for me.

Shaq:  Kobe can make ANY system work for any player so the whole "it ain't my system" is just an excuse when you have a guy like that on your team.

Should I keep going? 

Bynum on Kobe saying to ship him out

Bynum: I thought wow, that's cold, but I used it to motivate myself and it made me a better player.

And it did.

I don't need to get started on Pau Gasol and the great things he's said about Kobe.

Should I keep going?   Or are you done?

#19 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Shaq: I was not a triangle player, Phil had me an outside of the triangle center and would run the plays for forwards, and Kobe was able to find me and make it easier for me.

Shaq: Kobe can make ANY system work for any player so the whole "it ain't my system" is just an excuse when you have a guy like that on your team.

Should I keep going?

Bynum: I thought wow, that's cold, but I used it to motivate myself and it made me a better player.

And it did.

I don't need to get started on Pau Gasol and the great things he's said about Kobe.

Should I keep going? Or are you done?

Shaq and kobe are civil now but if they were still playing together or at least shaq was still in the league they wouldnt have nice things to say bout each other..they really hated each other u just dnt get over things like that..as for bynum if u ask him that now maybe he has

Shaq: Kobe can make ANY system work for any player so the whole "it ain't my system" is just an excuse when you have a guy like that on your team.

Should I keep going?

And it did.

Should I keep going? Or are you done?

Shaq and kobe are civil now but if they were still playing together or at least shaq was still in the league they wouldnt have nice things to say bout each other..they really hated each other u just dnt get over things like that..as for bynum if u ask him that now maybe he has different in sure ur quote was when he was not established yet and he was playing with him so wat could he say sum different to say im sure ur quote was when he was not established yet and he was playing with him so wat could he say

Edited by 415, July 16, 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#20 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Shaq and kobe are civil now but if they were still playing together or at least shaq was still in the league they wouldnt have nice things to say bout each other..they really hated each other u just dnt get over things like that..as for bynum if u ask him that now maybe he has Shaq and kobe are civil now but if they were still playing together or at least shaq was still in the league they wouldnt have nice things to say bout each other..they really hated each other u just dnt get over things like that..as for bynum if u ask him that now maybe he has different in sure ur quote was when he was not established yet and he was playing with him so wat could he say sum different to say im sure ur quote was when he was not established yet and he was playing with him so wat could he say

Those are your speculations. I'd be more inclined to believe Shaq when he says that he's squashed the beef with Kobe than someone else who "thinks" there's a deeper underlining issue between the two. These speculations don't really hold much water against actual quotes from the big guy. 

Also, ESPN panel should invite both Nelly and Cube for a debate. That would get crazy ratings. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users