Photo

You want to know how the Lakers realistically reload?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:21 PM

It is not a mid level...it is cap manipulation which gets hit a max contract later on while retaining his bird rights and cap space right before by signing a min contract...

I dont think the panel can articulate what you just told them! lol I see that exactly in Kobe future especially considering he made 30 mil this year and still has endorsements.

#62 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:22 PM

Bynum got the max on his last contract and Tyreke just got 11 per year. Why Not?? You can't name 5 centers in the league with Cousins ability. True Centers

Wise words! If they want to argue what you just said their buffoons! Never can go wrong with a TRUE center. An anchor! I dont think some people know what that mean. Pau isnt a center

Edited by GeeQ, July 17, 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#63 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:30 PM

The Lakers were loyal to him, when D12 asked about KB and the Amnesty and still loyal when they decided not to use the amnesty on him following his achilles injury. I think one of the reasons why they kept being loyal was because they hoped he would return the favor so to speak.

If Kobe goes for as much as he can, he will not win anything and he would also be remembered for throwing away his chance to get his 6th ring because of greed. It makes no sense, since he could get a lot more money if he went to china or europe.

Also, if Kobe decides to go this route i think Jeannie Buss would simply decide NOT to re-sign him and she would have the support of many Lakerfans, including myself. Obviously we're not talking about Kobe taking the minimum, but a 10-12M/yr deal or so would be fitting. Kobe going for 25M/yr is too much.

Regarding Cousins; He’s the type of player that needs the right guys around him and with the Kings it’s basically been the complete opposite. Surround him with Kobe, Pau, Nash, Phil Jackson and max guy and then hire Shaq as a mentor and I think he could turn things around. The talent is there and all he needs is to work on his strengths.

Very insightful! Alot is true plus Kobe has always worked the media in saying what he didnt believe just to give them a story.. Shaq didnt have to be hired, he volunteered to mentor Cousins which I think is his way of recruiting Cousins. Shaq is a big fan of Kobe now and I believe he would like to see Kobe win more titles. Your right on point about Cousins and I believe Wall being with him would bring out the best in him. Only thing I disagree with is the lineup at the end in which I think Nash should be gone after the year. Add Cousins 12 to 15 with Wall 12 to 15 and George max deal. Kobe bird rights and pau reduced salary leaves the Lakers still with money

#64 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,883 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Bynum got the max on his last contract and Tyreke just got 11 per year. Why Not?? You can't name 5 centers in the league with Cousins ability. True Centers

It's his mindset that's bothersome.    He's still at the point mentally where he'll jack up a three with 15 seconds on the shotclock off a broken play.  He's not ready to be a franchise center on the Lakers.

It's all in the mentality and mental maturity you have.  He's nowhere near it. 

Talent isn't everything and potential has a shelf life.  He doesn't have the mindset to dominate here.   Not until he matures leaps and bounds.

Cause having all that talent means diddily squat if he's a mental midget.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#65 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:43 PM

He is 22! Maturity comes with age most of the time.. This is why Shaq is mentoring him. Cousins wouldnt be this if he hadnt had to adapt to losing. Some players never lose their whole basketball life until getting to the NBA have youll ever thought of that

#66 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,883 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:45 PM

He is 22! Maturity comes with age most of the time.. This is why Shaq is mentoring him. Cousins wouldnt be this if he hadnt had to adapt to losing. Some players never lose their whole basketball life until getting to the NBA have youll ever thought of that

We'll see how he does with Shaq mentoring him.

But if he still has

"DeMarcus Cousins ladies and gentleman"

Moments then no.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#67 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:57 PM

kentucky01.jpg

#68 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:17 PM

Max'd out = meaning Pau has been a role player for last 2 seasons & his output production will get worse each new season. Nothing to do with how much $ he will be paid since you mentioned what he would get offered to come back at $8mill

Im all for potential when its star/superstar players that have common sense. Neither guys Monroe nor Couszins does.  Dont overpay for those type of players = havent you learned anything from LO or Bynum?

I dont think we will get Lbj nor George. It will take Knicks losing to brooklyn for LAkers to have a shot at Melo. But he is the most likely & other fillers. I dont know which PG they will attempt to get but I highly doubt Wall.

What are you literally talking about?  This is borderline incoherent...

Pau is not going to be paid even remotely max, he is going to be paid at a discount to his value (skillset and chemistry). $8m is a great price for a 33 yr old Pau.

Cousins is a headcase...Monroe not so much.  Regardless, they are both talented, big upside big men.  If you want potential you gotta pay considering both are RFA and their respective teams are likely to only let them go for the max.

Seriously, what do you think we are going to get?

Lebron? Paul George? John Wall? 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#69 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,341 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 17, 2013 - 06:45 PM

If you're talking about Bynum, the odd part is he never tried any of that crap with Phil  Hmmmmmmm

It's his mindset that's bothersome.    He's still at the point mentally where he'll jack up a three with 15 seconds on the shotclock off a broken play.  He's not ready to be a franchise center on the Lakers.

It's all in the mentality and mental maturity you have.  He's nowhere near it. 

Talent isn't everything and potential has a shelf life.  He doesn't have the mindset to dominate here.   Not until he matures leaps and bounds.

Cause having all that talent means diddily squat if he's a mental midget.

Edited by lakersince75, July 17, 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#70 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 06:49 AM

If you're talking about Bynum, the odd part is he never tried any of that crap with Phil  Hmmmmmmm

No he is talking about Cousins! You have people on here that figure they know a guy just by what the media tells them. Cousins never had any problems with calipari or Wall, Patterson, bledsoe,

#71 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 18, 2013 - 10:43 AM

I saw KY play in 2010 @ Baton Rouge.  I was sitting near Pat Patterson's parents, and listened to them grip about Bledsoe all game.  Not Cousins, and not Wall, but Bledsoe.  They thought he was a ballhog.

LSU sent in a bruiser to try and pick a fight with Cousins (this was typical of UK opponents that season), and Cousins, as he usually did, maintained his composure and stayed in the game.   Even during the minor fracases that took place, I never once hear them utter a single negative phrase about Cousins or his mentality. 

Cousins needs to be in the right situation.  Dennis Rodman won 2 titles in Detroit, and was relatively little known when they won the first one in 1989.   Then, he became a freak show in San Antonio, and used that to wiggle his way to Chicago where he won 3 more titles.

Cousins have phenomenal talent.  He needs to be in the right situation.  That situation could be with the Lakers.   

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#72 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 08:23 AM

I saw KY play in 2010 @ Baton Rouge.  I was sitting near Pat Patterson's parents, and listened to them grip about Bledsoe all game.  Not Cousins, and not Wall, but Bledsoe.  They thought he was a ballhog.

LSU sent in a bruiser to try and pick a fight with Cousins (this was typical of UK opponents that season), and Cousins, as he usually did, maintained his composure and stayed in the game.   Even during the minor fracases that took place, I never once hear them utter a single negative phrase about Cousins or his mentality. 

Cousins needs to be in the right situation.  Dennis Rodman won 2 titles in Detroit, and was relatively little known when they won the first one in 1989.   Then, he became a freak show in San Antonio, and used that to wiggle his way to Chicago where he won 3 more titles.

Cousins have phenomenal talent.  He needs to be in the right situation.  That situation could be with the Lakers.   

You said a mouthfull! I'm glad somebody actually watches first hand like I do and see whats wrong with the situation. Everyone is always quick to judge when they have no skills at all not even mental skills. Shaq wouldnt be interested if he was a drop in the bucket like some of these other players thats been named even Dwight Howard who once you take the dunking away from him, he becomes a meer mortal. Cousins has post moves, can shot from outside the paint and isnt a slouch on defense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users