Photo

You want to know how the Lakers realistically reload?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:54 AM

@Calis

next time dont waste your time & effort with a post like this SMFH at your bullsheet :no:

Not really bs...or a waste of effort - took very minimal effort actually.  This roster came from a conversation with some people in the NBA and I thought it was actually a very reasonable approach at getting a competitive roster for the now and future.  

Next time you want to post, spend the little effort to crawl out from under the bridge that houses you...

#42 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:55 AM

where is it reasonable for Kobe (pricetag), Nash (who just a shell of himself last season & will only continue to go down why even keep him), & Pau (who has been worthless for last 2 yrs why pay him that much why even keep him)?

Not really bs...or a waste of effort - took very minimal effort actually.  This roster came from a conversation with some people in the NBA and I thought it was actually a very reasonable approach at getting a competitive roster for the now and future.  

Next time you want to post, spend the little effort to crawl out from under the bridge that houses you...

Edited by gque24, July 16, 2013 - 09:57 AM.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#43 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:01 AM

I stopped at sign Cousins or Greg Monroe to max offer.

#44 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:07 AM

Cousins could be a nice get.  Obviously not to play for MDA, but I'd love him playing for PJax. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#45 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 426 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:08 AM

We have the best FO in the league. I think given the hamstrung financial situation they have done very well. Especially after the new CBA, the CP3 debacle and DH. But that's just my opinion.

#46 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:25 AM

Wall, Cousins Along with Paul George! Alot cheaper than Lebron and Melo with pieces. Building for the future when you pair a 23 year old with two 22 year olds plus Kobe and Pau

Edited by GeeQ, July 16, 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#47 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:32 AM

HOW? He's a big that puts up 17/10 that doenst block shots or control the paint, turnover prone as hell and shoots 45% from the field.  How on earth is he worth 14M?  This isn't 2k where you can trust in his skillset and potential.  This is real life.  Cousins is the Kings best player and at times plays like a guy that shouldnt even be in the rotation.  Why on earth would you pay him franchise player money in LA?

Isnt that what Dwight numbers were and he got offered 118 million. Not saying sign Cousins for this much but 16 is good enough for Sac to not match.

#48 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:35 AM

Some of you guys need to get real regarding Cousins (and Monroe).  These are legit bigs in the league who are young and full of potential.  Giving them a couple years with people like Kobe, Nash and Pau would do wonders for their game and attitude. 

Only where I disagree is Nash who is done and needs to be gone for next summer free agency

#49 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:06 PM

where is it reasonable for Kobe (pricetag), Nash (who just a shell of himself last season & will only continue to go down why even keep him), & Pau (who has been worthless for last 2 yrs why pay him that much why even keep him)?

Kobe is going to continue being worth $10m/avg per year (min for bird rights in 2014, max in 2015 for a couple years).  Steve Nash is just a stop gap and we would sign Lowry in that scenario. Nash would be a bench player... And Pau is not as old or hurt as Kobe and Nash so he will be worth having around just for chemistry and skill purposes.

#50 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Do you really believe pAu is not max'd out at playing at a Top 15 level? Lowry b4 the knee issues maybe but that still a "stretch" I just cant see how either guy at PG starter & backup are quality game changers. Sorry

What has Couszins let alone Monroe proven to get max deals? (Do you even think their own current teams would break the bank like that with an offer?)

its just irresponsible to give them Max $ when they are both mentally weak regularly

Kobe is going to continue being worth $10m/avg per year (min for bird rights in 2014, max in 2015 for a couple years).  Steve Nash is just a stop gap and we would sign Lowry in that scenario. Nash would be a bench player... And Pau is not as old or hurt as Kobe and Nash so he will be worth having around just for chemistry and skill purposes.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#51 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Do you really believe pAu is not max'd out at playing at a Top 15 level? Lowry b4 the knee issues maybe but that still a "stretch" I just cant see how either guy at PG starter & backup are quality game changers. Sorry

What has Couszins let alone Monroe proven to get max deals? (Do you even think their own current teams would break the bank like that with an offer?)

its just irresponsible to give them Max $ when they are both mentally weak regularly

What are you literally talking about?  This is borderline incoherent...

Pau is not going to be paid even remotely max, he is going to be paid at a discount to his value (skillset and chemistry). $8m is a great price for a 33 yr old Pau.

Cousins is a headcase...Monroe not so much.  Regardless, they are both talented, big upside big men.  If you want potential you gotta pay considering both are RFA and their respective teams are likely to only let them go for the max.

Seriously, what do you think we are going to get?

Lebron? Paul George? John Wall? 

#52 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:53 PM

The OP is on crack.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#53 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:59 PM

Kyle Lowry isnt reasonable enough! Cousins is worth 15 or 16 million. Looks like his numbers arent too much off from Dwight and LA offered him 118 million smh

#54 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 01:58 PM

The OP is on crack.

so insightful dude

#55 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted July 16, 2013 - 02:00 PM

so insightful dude

Anybody who think the Kobe will take the mid level is on crack.  And even worst,  Cousins a max contract? 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#56 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:02 PM

Anybody who think the Kobe will take the mid level is on crack.  And even worst,  Cousins a max contract? 

It is not a mid level...it is cap manipulation which gets hit a max contract later on while retaining his bird rights and cap space right before by signing a min contract...

#57 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:36 PM

Bynum got the max on his last contract and Tyreke just got 11 per year. Why Not?? You can't name 5 centers in the league with Cousins ability. True Centers

Lol at offering Cousins or Monroe the max...you gotta be kidding me

#58 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:37 PM

Exactly!!!

Kyle Lowry isnt reasonable enough! Cousins is worth 15 or 16 million. Looks like his numbers arent too much off from Dwight and LA offered him 118 million smh

#59 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:42 PM

Anyone who thinks he wouldn't if it guarantees him Melo and John wall  is on crack too

#60 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:17 AM

The Lakers were loyal to him, when D12 asked about KB and the Amnesty and still loyal when they decided not to use the amnesty on him following his achilles injury. I think one of the reasons why they kept being loyal was because they hoped he would return the favor so to speak.

If Kobe goes for as much as he can, he will not win anything and he would also be remembered for throwing away his chance to get his 6th ring because of greed. It makes no sense, since he could get a lot more money if he went to china or europe.

Also, if Kobe decides to go this route i think Jeannie Buss would simply decide NOT to re-sign him and she would have the support of many Lakerfans, including myself. Obviously we're not talking about Kobe taking the minimum, but a 10-12M/yr deal or so would be fitting. Kobe going for 25M/yr is too much.

Regarding Cousins; He’s the type of player that needs the right guys around him and with the Kings it’s basically been the complete opposite. Surround him with Kobe, Pau, Nash, Phil Jackson and max guy and then hire Shaq as a mentor and I think he could turn things around. The talent is there and all he needs is to work on his strengths.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users