Photo

You want to know how the Lakers realistically reload?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,219 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 02:58 AM

I get that, but I wouldn't want him right now. I'd say in 2015 or 2016

I agree.

Right now, I wouldn't touch the guy. Not the way this organization is being ran.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,884 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 16, 2013 - 03:00 AM

I agree.

Right now, I wouldn't touch the guy. Not the way this organization is being ran.

What's your problem with the way it's being ran right now?

We've had a very VERY good off-season considering what we had to work with and have set ourselves up very well with the players we got to take mins from the vets.

Edited by Majesty, July 16, 2013 - 03:00 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,219 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 03:19 AM

What's your problem with the way it's being ran right now?

We've had a very VERY good off-season considering what we had to work with and have set ourselves up very well with the players we got to take mins from the vets.

A very good off-season thanks to Kupchak, who's been very limited.

We still have an incompetent owner running the basketball operations, who hired and refused to let go of an incompetent basketball coach who demands nothing of his players and ran his aging team (and superstar) into the ground.

Complete opposite situation of what you want to bring a player like Cousins into.

A few small moves don't change the fact that as an organization, there are still major flaws.

If this off-season has assured me anything, it's that Mitch Kupchak is one hell of a general manager.

Edited by Triple Ocho, July 16, 2013 - 03:20 AM.

EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,884 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 16, 2013 - 03:38 AM

A very good off-season thanks to Kupchak, who's been very limited.

Stopped right there.

Sooner or later you're gonna have to realize that they are all a TEAM.

Don't just give credit to Kupchak when good things happen and dump all over Jim when bad things happen.  

They succeed together or they fail together.   Regardless of what happens they are in it together.

Edited by Majesty, July 16, 2013 - 03:39 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,443 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:15 AM

Lol at offering Cousins or Monroe the max...you gotta be kidding me

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#26 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,085 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:34 AM

Cousins' max is around 14m a year. He's worth it if it comes to it.

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,443 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:39 AM

HOW? He's a big that puts up 17/10 that doenst block shots or control the paint, turnover prone as hell and shoots 45% from the field.  How on earth is he worth 14M?  This isn't 2k where you can trust in his skillset and potential.  This is real life.  Cousins is the Kings best player and at times plays like a guy that shouldnt even be in the rotation.  Why on earth would you pay him franchise player money in LA?

Cousins' max is around 14m a year. He's worth it if it comes to it.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,085 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:48 AM

Bynum got that much in his last 3 years with us. Was he franchise player then?

Cousins' per36 is 20-12. And he's 22.

It's a no brainer that he's worth it. Not every center is an anchor on defense. Shaq wasn't. Pau wasn't. And we won 5 titles with them.

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,443 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:58 AM

1) Bynum was being groomed and at the time was not a lazy player and known headcase, 2) The Lakers were winning, Kobe was the best player in the NBA and Pau was playing his best bball 3) Bynum is a much better player on all fronts outside of running the floor than DMC, but not that it means much b/c DMC isnt much of a defensive player to begin with 4) The new CBA doesnt allow teams to be as careless as they were.  Under this CBA the Lakers would have never tried to retain both Pau and Bynum under those contract numbers while giving Kobe 25M+ a year.  5) You really haven't made any logical argument other than potential.  Plenty of guys get paid off of this and never produce what a team needs to be a contender. Mark my words he will be another Josh Smith like player.  Puts up good numbers that fans drool over but never becomes the leader a team needs and keeps his team mediocre.

Bynum got that much in his last 3 years with us. Was he franchise player then?

Cousins' per36 is 20-12. And he's 22.

It's a no brainer that he's worth it. Not every center is an anchor on defense. Shaq wasn't. Pau wasn't. And we won 5 titles with them.

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:07 AM

Many big-men today aren’t worth their salary (just look at the money that have been thrown at Stoudamire, McGee, Kris Humpries) – but Monroe and Cousins might be. Monroe gives you almost everything you want from a young big man and outside Andre Drummond I don’t see any big men with as much upside as DeMarcus Cousins.

However, both Monroe and Cousins are RFAs and I think their respective teams will match any offer.

#31 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,085 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:11 AM

1) Bynum was being groomed and at the time was not a lazy player and known headcase, 2) The Lakers were winning, Kobe was the best player in the NBA and Pau was playing his best bball 3) Bynum is a much better player on all fronts outside of running the floor than DMC, but not that it means much b/c DMC isnt much of a defensive player to begin with 4) The new CBA doesnt allow teams to be as careless as they were.  Under this CBA the Lakers would have never tried to retain both Pau and Bynum under those contract numbers while giving Kobe 25M+ a year.  5) You really haven't made any logical argument other than potential.  Plenty of guys get paid off of this and never produce what a team needs to be a contender. Mark my words he will be another Josh Smith like player.  Puts up good numbers that fans drool over but never becomes the leader a team needs and keeps his team mediocre.

I didn't even mention any potential stuff. He's 22 and his per36 is 20-12, all are FACTS. I would rather gamble on a young good player than cutting that salary in half for just role players.

Besides, nobody said he would be the franchise player after Kobe is done. Like it or not we have to spend 90% of the cap next season, which is around $53m. If we get both Melo and Cousins, we won't hit the tax in next 3-4 seasons which is almost their contract length.

We have to get BIG. And Cousins is the best out there in next season's FA class. We can't bring anyone else neither with trades nor with draft. So it's the best option for rebuilding. We could possibly wait for Marc in 2015, and that would be even more riskier than this move.

Cousins is a good player on a bad team which has no vision or whatsoever, and were in chase of a new owner for 2-3 years.

In Lakers he would get himself in a comfy position, with only basketball to focus on.

And Bynum wasn't even close to being same player as Cousins when he got 'that' contract. Considering they were relatively same age, you are just being hypocrite with that stance.

#32 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:21 AM

However, both Monroe and Cousins are RFAs and I think their respective teams will match any offer.

That's why the only way to get them would be offering a max contract, that I think their teams will also match. So, just give me Melo, Kobe and Pau and possibly Jennings and I'm good

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,443 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:38 AM

That 4 would be a total clusterF on offense. 

That's why the only way to get them would be offering a max contract, that I think their teams will also match. So, just give me Melo, Kobe and Pau and possibly Jennings and I'm good

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,443 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:43 AM

Cousins being on a bad team doesn't negate or cause his negatives.  Plenty of good players were on bad teams at one point.  Based on 36 per production him and Tyreke should have been a 1-2 punch for a contending team.  Problem is raw stats doesnt produce wins.  I can tell you have never sat down and watched any Kings game when they werent playing LA.  I watched the Kings on 4 separate occasions this past year.  DMC is all lovely box scores on some games and completely horrible in others.  Give him 14M instead of grooming or bringing in good chemistry players this team will never sniff a title again. 

Bball isnt all about stats.  Chemistry is a huge thing for winning and DMC is the worst player to build on in that aspect.

I didn't even mention any potential stuff. He's 22 and his per36 is 20-12, all are FACTS. I would rather gamble on a young good player than cutting that salary in half for just role players.

Besides, nobody said he would be the franchise player after Kobe is done. Like it or not we have to spend 90% of the cap next season, which is around $53m. If we get both Melo and Cousins, we won't hit the tax in next 3-4 seasons which is almost their contract length.

We have to get BIG. And Cousins is the best out there in next season's FA class. We can't bring anyone else neither with trades nor with draft. So it's the best option for rebuilding. We could possibly wait for Marc in 2015, and that would be even more riskier than this move.

Cousins is a good player on a bad team which has no vision or whatsoever, and were in chase of a new owner for 2-3 years.

In Lakers he would get himself in a comfy position, with only basketball to focus on.

And Bynum wasn't even close to being same player as Cousins when he got 'that' contract. Considering they were relatively same age, you are just being hypocrite with that stance.

#35 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 886 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 16, 2013 - 06:31 AM

Am I the only one who firmly believes Kobe is currently the best player to have as your PG?

Watching these highlights, remembering that stretch last season where he decided to go pass first mentality... He's a beast at involving the talent around him. Lebron's apg is higher obviously, but I think that Kobe, if he wanted, could really take over that department.

#36 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,085 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Since that infamous MEM game (ignoring the Pacers game) Kobe's assist average was 7.69 (35 games) Higher than Lebron's average. Also he averaged 25.86 ppg.

Had he assumed that role, he could very well average minimum 7-8 for a season. Who knows, maybe that will be our plan for next season. But it's not his mentality, nor it will ever be.

#37 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 886 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:24 AM

Since that infamous MEM game (ignoring the Pacers game) Kobe's assist average was 7.69 (35 games) Higher than Lebron's average. Also he averaged 25.86 ppg.

Had he assumed that role, he could very well average minimum 7-8 for a season. Who knows, maybe that will be our plan for next season. But it's not his mentality, nor it will ever be.

His mentality is win first. If he has to play center to win, he will. If he has to coach to win, he will.

#38 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:27 AM

Some of you guys need to get real regarding Cousins (and Monroe).  These are legit bigs in the league who are young and full of potential.  Giving them a couple years with people like Kobe, Nash and Pau would do wonders for their game and attitude. 

#39 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,310 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:34 AM

To "reload" we must first remove all the previously fired casings from the cylinder, in order to put new live ammunition in its place.

#40 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,105 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:47 AM

@Calis

next time dont waste your time & effort with a post like this SMFH at your bullsheet :no:

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users