Off The Bench

• 1,696 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 19, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Then why is Westbrook so competitive?

Or Paul george?

or Nate Robinson?

Because they have the internal fire already, no one had to instill it in them.  Some are always able to go against the flow.

#43 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 876 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 19, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Dwight has success and winning confused. Is he successful in life? Yes he is. Hes an NBA superstar making millions of dollars, impregnating tons of women and living like a king or queen lol. Is he successful in the NBA? Yes he is. He is a 3 time DPOY and multiple time ALL STAR with close to 20/10 numbers his career. He also led a team to a NBA finals.

Now is he a winner? Yes. He did win a gold medal with a superstar USA squad lol. Now is he a winner in the NBA? NO!!! Absolutely not. The ultimate achievement and highest pinnacle in basketball is to win an NBA championship. International basketball is very well respected but it isnt the measuring stick in basketball, the NBA is.

Dwight has not won a ring yet so he is not a winner. Simple as that. The term winner in the NBA is associated with champion. Now if he wins one he will be. However his present mentality does not bode well. This comment he made makes it sound like he just hopes he gets lucky and flukes a championship. He is clearly stating that he has a losers mentality.

The type of comment you want to hear from a WINNER is something similar to this. "I have had great success in my career like winning a gold medal, but to win a NBA championship is the ultimate goal. I have not achieved this yet so people have their opinion towards me and thats fine. I will keep working hard to prove them wrong and keep trying to win a ring until I retire. If I dont succeed it wont be because I didnt try and gave my all."

I do agree with Skip that Dwight has just laid his cards out on the table and said this is me. This is who I am. Love me or loathe me. We have all had our doubts on his mental toughness and he just confirmed them all.

I truly am glad he chose Houston now. I would have hated him living a lie here in LA. He did what was best for him and for us. We all know he couldnt live up to the expectations here and he did too. I applaud him for leaving as it was the right decision for him and the Lakers.

The Lakers organization is all about winning, so in an ironic way its the place Dwight should never be at with his current mindset!!!

Edited by jax24, July 19, 2013 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users