A winner at what exactly?

Getting girls pregnant

#22 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,581 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:20 PM

That's like walking into a gym to play basketball and saying "I'm a winner because I showed up." No.

On a more serious note, Dwight needs to stop holding himself to these pathetic standards. He's talking like he's a middle class working man when he's a superstar NBA player.

Superstar NBA players are supposed to win championships.

You're not a winner because you made it to the NBA. That's stupid logic. He's talking as if he's content with what he's done in his career.

This guy is holding himself to these pathetic standards 10 seasons into the league. Normally I would blame that on the people surrounding him seeing as how he came straight out of high school, but this guy has had Kobe in his ear, Shaq in his ear, Hakeem in his ear, The entire Buss family has been in his ear and even Phil Jackson to an extent. These guys must have 50 championship rings between them all and this guy STILL has a loser's mentality. He's [expletive]ed up in the head. He's actually content with what he has done in his career so far.

Mentally, he's not cut from the same material as the greats. Obviously. I'm not even sure if he's cut from the same material as a D-Leaguer. At least they show a willingness to learn and improve in their game despite making it as far as they have. Being in the D-Leagur is an accomplishment for some. It's a big thing, much bigger than the average fan realizes.

But once you make it there, your expectations become bigger. People expect more out of you and you should expect more out of yourself. Except if your name is Dwight Howard.

Truly an unbelievable quote. This guy is a top 10 defensive anchor in the history of the league with the mindset of Burger King employee.

He's an idiot and the definition of a loser.

You haven't won anything in the NBA Dwight and therefore you aren't a winner. We aren't going to hold you to these meaningless standards.

Fact is you're an NBA superstar and you are going to be held accountable the same way all superstars in this league have been--by the # of championships you win. And you have none.

Houston will not be last team. Book it.

Edited by Massacre, July 15, 2013 - 08:30 PM.

iyjywo.jpg

#23 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,324 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:36 PM

Sounds like Dwight knows his career could be ringless, so he's already covering for himself. But holy [expletive], this guy just buries a deeper hole for himself every time he opens his mouth. 

Edit: Also, I guess Kobe was right when he said he wanted to make Dwight a champion. Wow.

Edited by reryo, July 15, 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:44 PM

That's like walking into a gym to play basketball and saying "I'm a winner because I showed up." No.

Not even "showing up"  man.. just "getting the membership to the gym".

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Charles Barkley a winner? Damn Dwight has low standards for the definition of a winner

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#26 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted July 16, 2013 - 10:16 PM

uhhhhh... No you aint...

Even if I don't graduate college and medical school I am still a heart surgeon.. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#27 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 11:07 PM

This is the type of thing that would get a lot of veterans riled up about Dwight. Yes, there were lots of amazingly talented players who went ringless in their careers, but I have a hard time believing that any of them would agree with Dwight.

In fact, I doubt any of them would have ever echoed his sentiment during their own careers. What an embarrassment to the league. 

#28 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,689 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:02 AM

Such an amazing player with so much talent and physically gifted, but mentally? Pau Gasol will probably retire with more rings than Dwight if he keeps up thinking like that.
Posted Image

#29 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Such an amazing player with so much talent and physically gifted, but mentally? Pau Gasol will probably retire with more rings than Dwight if he keeps up thinking like that.

Slava Medvedenko definitely as well.   As well as Darko Militic.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#30 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,052 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:00 PM

One of my kid's bball teams finished in last place one year, I think they won one game.  Every player got a trophy anyway because as the coach said "you are all winners just for playing".   DH is just reflecting the philosophy of his generation.

Debbie Downer

#31 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted July 17, 2013 - 03:40 PM

I can't wait to hear the deafening chorus of boos for Dwight when he returns to Staples...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#32 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 10:52 PM

One of my kid's bball teams finished in last place one year, I think they won one game.  Every player got a trophy anyway because as the coach said "you are all winners just for playing".   DH is just reflecting the philosophy of his generation.

The average youth basketball careers last 3 years. Dwight is a winner because he lasted ten years and won a medal made of candy. 

#33 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,689 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted July 18, 2013 - 02:00 AM

But those are just kids, we are talking NBA level, where you are earning a LOT of cash to win championships.
Posted Image

#34 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted July 18, 2013 - 05:09 AM

Good riddance.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#35 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 18, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Whatever...I guess all NBA players are winners based on playing a game and getting paid millions. He could have been a Champ/Legend/Winner here in LA but I guess just "Winning" like Charlie Sheen is good enough for him..Good luck, his Rockets will need it 

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#36 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 18, 2013 - 10:32 AM

He should have said: "Even if I win a ring, I'll still be a loser!"

#37 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 18, 2013 - 10:58 AM

I been trying to think of something to compare how insane and childish this sounds...

I cannot think of any one that has made such a childish statement...

I think John McCain said something like that...

That even if he loses the presidency, he would still feel like a Winner, because Obama is such a good and nice man (to which all 5 of his supporters booed)

and that was a statement from a man, who was intentionally losing an election...

maybe the Bagdad Reporter....

Charlie Sheen when he was on the Drugs/Women/Alchohal binge after being fired...

#38 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,134 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 09:11 AM

This comment doesnt make much impact as it would have been if it was Lebron who said it because nobody takes Dwight seriously anymore. Perhaps that's been the case ever since 'that' incident happened between him and Stan.

Dwight will never find happiness anywhere else for he backstabbed whole Magic community. As much as he doesnt want to be like Shaq, deep down he knows he would give everything to be perceived like Shaq has been.

#39 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 408 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 19, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I'm probably going to end up enjoying the 'hating' of Dwight, more than the happiness in having him myself. The Rockets are now on my Dunzo list. Along with Boston, Miami, and the Clippers.<br />

Edited by HQLLYWQQD, July 19, 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#40 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,029 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 19, 2013 - 10:12 AM

Then why is Westbrook so competitive?

Or Paul george?

or Nate Robinson?

Edited by BasketballIQ, July 19, 2013 - 10:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users