16 replies to this topic

#1 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,844 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:56 AM

I think because this is projected very early to be All about Wiggins, that there will be 2-3 top choices to think about, and probably 5-7 players that any team would be happy to get.

that being said i think the

Magic

Suns

Bobcats get the Top 3 choices

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,519 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm going to say either the Bucks or Bobcats (Because Jordan has been getting killed every other draft lottery) haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Don't rule out the perennial lottery winners, the Cavs, that's the only thing they compete for, on their offseason meetings they be like "OK guys, what can we do to get back on the lottery next year?" I'm serious, they even have parades when they win it

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,454 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Magic or Raptors.

#5 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,107 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Someone needs to knock the [expletive] out Dan Gilbert's son before the lottery.

My predictions:

1. Charlotte Bobcats -> Andrew Wiggins

2. Philadelphia 76ers -> Julius Randle

3. Orlando Magic -> Marcus Smart

4. Boston Celtics -> Jabari Parker

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Someone needs to knock the [expletive] out Dan Gilbert's son before the lottery.

You would hit a 4'10 man with glasses?

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,590 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I think because this is projected very early to be All about Wiggins, that there will be 2-3 top choices to think about, and probably 5-7 players that any team would be happy to get.

that being said i think the

Magic

Suns

Bobcats get the Top 3 choices

The Celtics will get him

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Won't be surprised if Toronto wins the lottery.  Might be a bit obvious, though, since Wiggins is from Canada...but it felt that way when Chicago won it for Derrick Rose (even though some figured they'd take Beasley #1 for a while).

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,590 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:00 PM

It does seem obvious.  However I have a feeling the way the story is on the Celtics this year, and all about if Rondo is gonna stay or not, I expect the Celtics to go down and go down HARD this year.

It's evidenced by the fact they are trying to now unload Humpries and Wallace.

They are intending to tank... which is understandable, they see their next big 3

rajon-rondo.jpg

1011207_375845172538060_1102777291_n.jpg

marshon-brooks.jpg?w=400&h=225

And IF they are able to trade away Wallace and Humpries and thus complete their tank(with Rondo staying out most of the year while Marshon learns the game and has to lead the team) ....

then this will be my reaction when and if they get the number 1 pick

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,390 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:45 AM

I think teams are going to trade up to get the #1 pick. Whoever has the most 1st and 2nd round picks this year....I expect them to consolidate.

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:15 PM

I think teams are going to trade up to get the #1 pick. Whoever has the most 1st and 2nd round picks this year....I expect them to consolidate.

I doubt any team would trade that #1, though, no matter the player.  It would have to be a young superstar like Durant, and at that point, would the Thunder make that deal?  I don't think so.

Put 29 teams in that position (for whatever reason), and assume Miami offers LeBron.  Problem with that is, LeBron will either be a free agent (so it would have to be a S&T), or he'll be on the last year of his contract after taking his Player Option, which means he'll eventually be unrestricted...and a possible one-year rental for that team with the top pick.

I think all 30 teams would trade an all-star for him...no doubt in my mind.  A superstar?  Depends on the contract he's holding...and at that point, those bottom-feeding teams have to understand that they are in a small market (likely), looking at history (him leaving Cleveland for Miami, Howard departing two different teams, Melo and CP3 having their way, etc), and taking into consideration the fact that Wiggins is the closest thing to a sure deal since LeBron James.

#12 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:37 PM

As for trading that #1 pick, as it stand now Wiggins is a perennial player that any franchise can build around, this is before playing a single college game. Not to say he still won't be dominant and still a #1 pick, but it will vary by how much upside he truly displays, then it will depend on what price tag his pick carries into 2014.

As far as the general draft swwepstake, many times in the past Boston has tanked and failed, namely with Durant and Duncan. Oddly enough I cannot help but think it will be Philly.

#13 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:48 PM

What do you think Wiggins will avg at Kansas?

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#14 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 01:00 PM

What do you think Wiggins will avg at Kansas?

Can't really predict that because of Bill Self's system.  He did let Ben McLemore go off in a few games, but a lot of times, Ben was getting shots off out of great team play.

Wiggins is an ISO player, more than McLemore.  Worries were that McLemore would provide whatever team he went to in the draft with excessive spot-up shooting, and athleticism, but not being able to create his own shot off the dribble, or create for others.

So, will Self put the ball in Wiggins' hands more than he would for any non-PG?  Tharpe isn't too bad of a PG...definitely not turnover-prone like Elijah Johnson (who really wasn't a point) or one that makes ridiculous decisions with the ball like Ty Taylor did for us.  

A lot of questions going in, really, but at least we know we have a guy who can truly take over a game on his own...and we haven't had that in quite some time, not even during our 2008 championship run.

#15 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:39 AM

@MySportsLegion

Andrew Wiggins on which NBA player JR would want to play 1 on 1? "Kobe, because he's the closest thing to Jordan."

+3 in the cool meter Wiggins.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Might have to go to Lawrence and try to become friends with him.  Swear I'll tell him to demand a draft-day trade to LA, lol.

• 40,395 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 05:15 PM

Andrew Wiggins Wants To Play For Raptors

Andrew-Wiggins-Wants-To-Play-For-Raptors

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users