Photo

Kobe takes note of ESPN predicting Lakers finishing 12th (Pg. 4)

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#41 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 15, 2013 - 02:39 AM

This team is placing 6th or higher.

I got a few thing you should think about.

A. Dwight Howard did not fit in MDA style. He was great on defense, but this style of play doesn't require half court defense until maybe last few mins of the 4th quarter.

Dwight actually slowed the pace of the game down too much and at the same time had no clue what do on the offense side. (Pick and Roll? He was horrible at it last season. Soft picks and hardly ever rolled strong. )

Oh so Kaman fits so well in the MDA system too. Kaman is by no means a quick guy. He can handle getting back and forth better than most centers but he's not a fast break player.

B. Metta world peace was off the charts horrible at offense at the three's. Once again though, he probably was the best wing defender. But in MDA system. Half court defense is not needed until the the last mins of the fourth quarter. 

Ok but getting rid of a crappy defender and replacing him with another crappy defender doesn't solve anything. Our Defense is much much worse now. 

C. Pau Gasol/Kaman will be great this year. I expect them to make TONS of assists with the shooters available. And, know when to pass or work the post. Unlike Dwight.

Really because thats what everyone said of pau and dwight. The only thing having kaman there is gonna do is give pau more reason to stay out of the post. Also Kaman isn't exactly known for his passing. Actually know as a bad passer and has trouble passing out of the post especially on double teams which is when you want to pass to a shooter outside. 

D. Steve Nash will now be able to glue this team together now that Dwight is gone.

Oh thats why nash wasn't doing it last season? I thought it may have been the fact that he was always injured and couldn't do a P&R with anyone not just dwight. If we are super lucky nash will play 60 games. I would be amazed if he plays that much.

E. Kobe 

Who right now is projected to be out till december and even after that who knows what he will even be able to do. The under exaggeration of his injury is shocking. Possibly one of the worst injuries you can get and at his age.

Overall. Expect during crunch time in close games. Lakers will then start half court defense. Interesting, how it will turn out.

This team is gonna be like Golden State with more experience in the playoffs. 

The Lakers are now officially a "run and gun outshoot you team" with experience at half court offense (Kobe,Pau,Nash) during close crunch games.

I also don't believe Golden State will do as well with Iggy. The lost of Jarret Jack was HUGE. If any of you guys who watched GS last year know for a fact this

guy was such a vital piece as a backup and running the offense. Plus, the countless momentum shots season and in playoffs.

GS has young high tempo players who are some of the best shooters in the game. Also had curry who had a record 3 point shooting season. We are nothing like that team In any way. 

We are not a run and gun team. We are still a old team with injury prone players. Pau and kaman cannot do the run and gun. 

#42 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 02:44 AM

If Kobe is ready to kick by the start of the season, we are a Top 4 team in the West.

A healthy kobe who was having one of the best seasons of his life was here last season. We got 7th seed. 

#43 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,293 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 04:49 AM

people were so mad when I pointed this out weeks ago...

the west is stacked...
with a half dozen teams tanking out east, they will level them selves out with wins vs each other, while almost every team out west is in playoff contention!

#44 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:45 AM

not gonna read that aint no way they finish #13 no matter who on roster

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#45 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:46 AM

that was the rest of the roster being injured = the starters & their back ups! keep it in perspective. injury bug bettter go hex some1 else this year not LA.

A healthy kobe who was having one of the best seasons of his life was here last season. We got 7th seed. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#46 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:59 AM

Why?
1) Age and injury prone-ness. This team still skews old: Nash, Bryant, Gasol, and Kaman are all at least 31, and it's expected those four will be in the starting lineup and hog a majority of the minutes.

I was going to read it all, but when I read this, I knew I wasn't gonna like it. This argument is stupid on the "old" part, we're getting younger on FA and that team in Texas is as old as we are and they always compete, why? Because their bench and supporting cast always contributes, so, if you look at SA's bench right now, and ours, who would you take? And, will you take Manu over Kobe? Please, Pau can go head to head with Duncan and win on a regular basis (he will lose some too, of course) Parker>Nash at the moment, that would be the only aspect where they have a clear advantage towards us, but you can adjust to that on a playoff series.

The old argument is garbage.

And ranking Utah, Dallas and Minnesota over us? Also stupid, and ignorant.

I would challenge this writer to write the same review he did on us with Dallas, Utah and Minnesota (to name a few) and compare them to us, and see where he ranks those other teams, because you can make a mock playoff board with your eyes closed only analyzing one team, but I dare him to write articles describing those teams strenghts and weaknesses and see where they rank, would Minnesota be over us? Dallas? Utah? Highly doubt it.

Edited by fedefox, July 15, 2013 - 06:03 AM.

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#47 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:51 AM

I was going to read it all, but when I read this, I knew I wasn't gonna like it. This argument is stupid on the "old" part, we're getting younger on FA and that team in Texas is as old as we are and they always compete, why? Because their bench and supporting cast always contributes, so, if you look at SA's bench right now, and ours, who would you take? And, will you take Manu over Kobe? Please, Pau can go head to head with Duncan and win on a regular basis (he will lose some too, of course) Parker>Nash at the moment, that would be the only aspect where they have a clear advantage towards us, but you can adjust to that on a playoff series.

The old argument is garbage.

And ranking Utah, Dallas and Minnesota over us? Also stupid, and ignorant.

I would challenge this writer to write the same review he did on us with Dallas, Utah and Minnesota (to name a few) and compare them to us, and see where he ranks those other teams, because you can make a mock playoff board with your eyes closed only analyzing one team, but I dare him to write articles describing those teams strenghts and weaknesses and see where they rank, would Minnesota be over us? Dallas? Utah? Highly doubt it.

are we really that much better than them??  Obviously Kobe, Pau and Nash are more talented than any of those guys but they're also the oldest and towards the end of thei careers and you think shouldering so much of the team wont have an effect? All 3 of them arguably are coming into the season with the worst injury seasons

Like I said before our best players are our worst defenders and whoever can play a lick of defense arent reliable on offense

We have an availability problem with older players in high risk for missing games + broken roster + rest of the West has gotten better

Edited by MDI, July 15, 2013 - 06:52 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#48 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:05 AM

are we really that much better than them??  Obviously Kobe, Pau and Nash are more talented than any of those guys but they're also the oldest and towards the end of thei careers and you think shouldering so much of the team wont have an effect? All 3 of them arguably are coming into the season with the worst injury seasons

Like I said before our best players are our worst defenders and whoever can play a lick of defense arent reliable on offense

We have an availability problem with older players in high risk for missing games + broken roster + rest of the West has gotten better

The problem is, the more time you spent on the court, the more you risk yourself to injuries. Kobe, Nash and Pau never had the chance to sit as much as they will this season (if everything goes as planned and Young, Johnson, Kaman and everyone else contributes as its expected from them).

Nash could even come off the bench and have a field day with Young and Johnson and possibly Hill too.

I think it's just a question of how much time you're on the court, if you have a bench that can hold and sometimes even enlarge leads, your key players can get some rest and be used more as key players in key situations. (Like that team from Texas did this past playoff run)

Edited by fedefox, July 15, 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#49 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:08 AM

The problem is, the more time you spent on the court, the more you risk yourself to injuries. Kobe, Nash and Pau never had the chance to sit as much as they will this season (if everything goes as planned and Young, Johnson, Kaman and everyone else contributes as its expected from them).

Nash could even come off the bench and have a field day with Young and Johnson and possibly Hill too.

I think it's just a question of how much time you're on the court, if you have a bench that can hold and sometimes even enlarge leads, your key players can get some rest and be used more as key players in key situations.

But all 3 of them are also a year older so some slippage in their game is also expected.  Our bench has some names I suppose like Wesley Johnson (4th pick 2010), Nick Young and Jordan Farmar but these guys aren't really known for outproducing their opponents and they're not reliable 2 way players either.   Hill is the only one I can count on with this energy, hustle, defense and rebounding, rest are just meh, they've never been reliable they suddenly aren't going to be with us

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#50 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:12 AM

But all 3 of them are also a year older so some slippage in their game is also expected.  Our bench has some names I suppose like Wesley Johnson (4th pick 2010), Nick Young and Jordan Farmar but these guys aren't really known for outproducing their opponents and they're not reliable 2 way players either.   Hill is the only one I can count on with this energy, hustle, defense and rebounding, rest are just meh, they've never been reliable they suddenly aren't going to be with us

The same can be said about Green and Neal, and they, at some point of the Finals, CARRIED the team. All you need is a player in the right situation, Young's dream was to play for the Lakers, so I'll expect that hustle from him, Johnson is going to be sharing the locker room and practices with his mentor, so I'd expect it from him also.

Right players at the right time, in the right situation, that's all you need.

Posted Image
I REP THAT WEST

#51 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:17 AM

The same can be said about Green and Neal, and they, at some point of the Finals, CARRIED the team. All you need is a player in the right situation, Young's dream was to play for the Lakers, so I'll expect that hustle from him, Johnson is going to be sharing the locker room and practices with his mentor, so I'd expect it from him also.

Right players at the right time, in the right situation, that's all you need.

you're comparing Gary Neal and Danny Green to the guys we have? I'll take them any day of the week over our guys, not to mention the Spurs system has a few guys who have been constants for a decade now...Manu, Tim and Parker and the rest of the guys just fit in, thats continuity and easy to fit in. Thats why Ariza fit in so well here because we had Kobe, Sasha, Farmar, LO (whove been here for years) to guide him along.

We signed guys for the minimum because they were available and they had no other choice & other teams didnt scoop em up...we didnt sign' them because they wanted to be here to help us be competitive. Lets get real

Edited by MDI, July 15, 2013 - 07:20 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#52 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:30 AM

Best case scenario-2011 mavericks

Worst case scenario-swept out of first round.

team is better than last season

In what world?  Their outcome probably won't be much worse than last season, but their best player is injured, all their old guys are another year older and they don't have the best center in the league anymore.  Lets make some more crazy statements.

#53 Villane

Villane

Rookie

• 11 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Oh so Kaman fits so well in the MDA system too. Kaman is by no means a quick guy. He can handle getting back and forth better than most centers but he's not a fast break player.

Ok but getting rid of a crappy defender and replacing him with another crappy defender doesn't solve anything. Our Defense is much much worse now. 

Really because thats what everyone said of pau and dwight. The only thing having kaman there is gonna do is give pau more reason to stay out of the post. Also Kaman isn't exactly known for his passing. Actually know as a bad passer and has trouble passing out of the post especially on double teams which is when you want to pass to a shooter outside. 

Oh thats why nash wasn't doing it last season? I thought it may have been the fact that he was always injured and couldn't do a P&R with anyone not just dwight. If we are super lucky nash will play 60 games. I would be amazed if he plays that much.

Who right now is projected to be out till december and even after that who knows what he will even be able to do. The under exaggeration of his injury is shocking. Possibly one of the worst injuries you can get and at his age.

GS has young high tempo players who are some of the best shooters in the game. Also had curry who had a record 3 point shooting season. We are nothing like that team In any way. 

We are not a run and gun team. We are still a old team with injury prone players. Pau and kaman cannot do the run and gun. 

Kaman is not a ball dominant center and his ego will not get in the way. He won't complain and make anyone on the team feel uncomfortable. Teams double teamed Dwight cause he FAILED at freethrows. Kaman will get double teamed but not as often and will make his free throw. Did you watch Lakers season at all or just the playoffs?

My first impression of Dwight was he was able to play with other big men cause of his passing. Then, I realize after this season. The dude has tunnel vision. I play a ton of basketball and I'm sure you do too. If you didn't notice, the dude is horrible at passing and has that tunnel vision. In his Orlando days, hes lucky SVG helped him cover that up with everyone as a shooter and him being more cooperative.

Last time I checked, Lakers won two championships being all offense and poor on defense. Then, as the playoffs began and they got deepe. They improved.

Nash was injured for most of the season with never getting to play the starting 5 consistently. Have you played PG ever in your life? It takes time to gel members and know their tendencies. It's especially hard to do that when you got multiple players in and out of the lineup. You're use to having X person run this way and shoot. But, now you got this Y person standing there just reacting. (That was the worst thing MDA did; his player rotations where all over the place till the last 1/4 of the season.) Take an example of 2009 Orlando Magic. Rafer Alston was balling all threw the season and into the playoffs. Then, SVG decided Jameer Nelson should start PG for the finals. And, you know the rest, That's exactly how the Lakers season was at PG. Nash. Kobe. Blake. It's was just some desperation to get wins as well as identity crisis on the team for roles.

Kobe is Kobe. The injury would be devastating for a person who isn't a gym rat and without a medical staff of the highest quality. And, probably some of the craziest rehab tools to get back on track how to recover.

And you seriously think Kobe isn't gonna take advantage of that? 

Take out Kaman. Put Pau at 5. Everyone is a shooter you have to defend. Especially at the SG and PG who's ball handling skills understanding of offense are of HIGH IQ. Can't wait to see that!

-Last season. Teams would of loved having Metta and Pau shoot those outside shots and 3s. 

2011 Dallas Mavericks proved, yo some crazy stuff can happen.

And lastly, you don't seem to be optimistic at all. Are you sure your a fan?

Edited by Villane, July 15, 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#54 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:54 AM

you're comparing Gary Neal and Danny Green to the guys we have? I'll take them any day of the week over our guys, not to mention the Spurs system has a few guys who have been constants for a decade now...Manu, Tim and Parker and the rest of the guys just fit in, thats continuity and easy to fit in. Thats why Ariza fit in so well here because we had Kobe, Sasha, Farmar, LO (whove been here for years) to guide him along.

We signed guys for the minimum because they were available and they had no other choice & other teams didnt scoop em up...we didnt sign' them because they wanted to be here to help us be competitive. Lets get real

Would you take them a year ago? Easy to take them now when they all had career seasons. I highly doubt you'd take them a year ago, probably nobody wanted them, except from that team in Texas.

We also have guys that have been constant for a decade or close to it, Kobe? Pau? Nash is a first ballot HOF, and he has one of the highest basketball IQs out there so he can blend in easily and is probably the nicest teammate in the world.

The guys we acquired via FA can become Green and Neal, or even better, Young scores, Johnson is a freak going to the rim, he could thrive with Nash and Young on the fastbreak. As I said, right players at the right time, in the right situation.

I doubt Johnson and Young couldn't have gotten better deals out there, even in Europe they'd get more money than what we're giving them, so I don't know how real you want to get.

Posted Image
I REP THAT WEST

#55 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:13 AM

The fact that Dallas is ranked as the 8th makes the argument invalid. It is a three way race with Minnesota, Portland and LAL. I would still give the preferences to the Lakers because I still think Portland needs more depth and experience despite Aldridge being very good, and I still think Minny suffers from the injury bug too much despite an improved roster.

I think GSW is easily top 4 record in the regular season, maybe top 3. Don't know if it will translate into the post season but experience says it doesn't very far. I think Denver is a wild card, granted they still have young talent and I am sure Shaw will be a solid coach, but that doesn't mean they will fare good in their first regular season with all the changes. Grizz as well, same roster but they will miss Hollins deeply.

The top 4 of SA, GSW, Clips, and OKC are a given however you want to shuffle them. But the remaining 4 are a big toss up given the uncertaintites. That definietely goes for Houston who could end up as a 6th seed easily. So the LAL have a reasonable chance to get a 7-8 seed.

#56 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:50 AM

Would you take them a year ago? Easy to take them now when they all had career seasons. I highly doubt you'd take them a year ago, probably nobody wanted them, except from that team in Texas.

We also have guys that have been constant for a decade or close to it, Kobe? Pau? Nash is a first ballot HOF, and he has one of the highest basketball IQs out there so he can blend in easily and is probably the nicest teammate in the world.

The guys we acquired via FA can become Green and Neal, or even better, Young scores, Johnson is a freak going to the rim, he could thrive with Nash and Young on the fastbreak. As I said, right players at the right time, in the right situation.

I doubt Johnson and Young couldn't have gotten better deals out there, even in Europe they'd get more money than what we're giving them, so I don't know how real you want to get.

obviously you dont know me I would've taken them friggin 2 yrs ago

Young scores but hes inefficient and doesnt pass well. Johnson takes less than 1 shot a game going to the rim so whats the point of being a freak if you dont take enough shots at the rim and not good enough to handle the ball to get to the rim?

This team sucks to be honest. We have names and thats about it. If we're smart we'd sit out Pau/Kobe/Nash as much as possible and just get the most L's to get a high draft pick

The worst place we want to be is making the playoffs or barely miss the playoffs we will lose out of on top 10 draft picks and it doesnt help the rebuilding process...this is what Dallas has been doing they barely miss the playoffs and even though they have capspace and a championship coach nobody wants go there because there is no youth and budding potential

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#57 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:43 AM

This is what we're trying to cash in on. Its not just Wiggins its the next 5-6 dudes after that. Not saying scouts are right these are forsures but Class of 2014 has been getting hyped for 2-3years now

http://insider.espn....class-nba-draft

The 2014 draft, on the other hand, is stacked at the top thanks to a few top returning underclassmen and a phenomenal freshman class. Several NBA scouts and GMs said our 2014 Top 100 draft prospect list may be the strongest ever. Wiggins is the consensus No. 1 prospect in our Top 100 after talking with numerous NBA scouts and executives. He is one of the most hyped prospects ever to come out of high school and draws comparisons to a young Tracy McGrady. Wiggins received the top vote from every scout and GM I spoke with.

Wiggins is an elite athlete who does just about everything well. He has great size for his position on the wing, is an explosive leaper and can score from beyond the arc and off the bounce. While there are times when he appears to be a bit disengaged, his talent -- both physically and from a skills perspective -- is off the charts.

While Wiggins is the current king of the 2014 class, he'll have his hands full fending off contenders to the throne. Overall, scouts believe that there could be multiple franchise players and as many as eight NBA All-Stars in this group. That's a big-time draft.

Heck we may even land in the top 7-8 and not land an all star but that illusion of one can be a huge selling point. This is the new age of superstars where they buy the media stories, hype, exciteement, etc ahem *like Dwight*

Edited by MDI, July 15, 2013 - 09:43 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#58 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:45 AM

obviously you dont know me I would've taken them friggin 2 yrs ago

Young scores but hes inefficient and doesnt pass well. Johnson takes less than 1 shot a game going to the rim so whats the point of being a freak if you dont take enough shots at the rim and not good enough to handle the ball to get to the rim?

This team sucks to be honest. We have names and thats about it. If we're smart we'd sit out Pau/Kobe/Nash as much as possible and just get the most L's to get a high draft pick

The worst place we want to be is making the playoffs or barely miss the playoffs we will lose out of on top 10 draft picks and it doesnt help the rebuilding process...this is what Dallas has been doing they barely miss the playoffs and even though they have capspace and a championship coach nobody wants go there because there is no youth and budding potential

This.  Unfortunately, you are talking about professional athletes all on one year contracts who will be trying to get paid.  Fortunately, the team is composed of players who are either bad, old, injury prone, has beens, never weres, the greatest player of his generation or a combination of those things.  I don't see them making waves, their roster is not good, and they are top heavy and going to have to rely on Kobe just as much as last season, except he won't be playing part of the season and will be coming off an achilles the other part of it.  This team could realistically be buried by the time Kobe plays.  Everyone on this board to almost a man hated Pau Gasol, he will be by far the best player on the team when they tip for the 1st game, just to put things into perspective.  People can be optimistic, its a great quality to have, but being realistic is a great quality as well.  This roster is bad, though I think they will be fun to watch.

#59 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:57 AM

ppl who think we should tank are either pessimistic, not patient to see if the team build chemistry or do not know the magnitude of kobe's hard work to comeback stronger
lakers never tanked even when we had smush and kwame

we aren't talking about the raptors nor the wizards or pistons

we're talking about LAKERS yo

if you think we should tank (lose), you shouldnt bother watching til we get that pick you want

#60 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Kaman is not a ball dominant center and his ego will not get in the way. He won't complain and make anyone on the team feel uncomfortable. Teams double teamed Dwight cause he FAILED at freethrows. Kaman will get double teamed but not as often and will make his free throw. Did you watch Lakers season at all or just the playoffs?

My first impression of Dwight was he was able to play with other big men cause of his passing. Then, I realize after this season. The dude has tunnel vision. I play a ton of basketball and I'm sure you do too. If you didn't notice, the dude is horrible at passing and has that tunnel vision. In his Orlando days, hes lucky SVG helped him cover that up with everyone as a shooter and him being more cooperative.

Last time I checked, Lakers won two championships being all offense and poor on defense. Then, as the playoffs began and they got deepe. They improved.

Nash was injured for most of the season with never getting to play the starting 5 consistently. Have you played PG ever in your life? It takes time to gel members and know their tendencies. It's especially hard to do that when you got multiple players in and out of the lineup. You're use to having X person run this way and shoot. But, now you got this Y person standing there just reacting. (That was the worst thing MDA did; his player rotations where all over the place till the last 1/4 of the season.) Take an example of 2009 Orlando Magic. Rafer Alston was balling all threw the season and into the playoffs. Then, SVG decided Jameer Nelson should start PG for the finals. And, you know the rest, That's exactly how the Lakers season was at PG. Nash. Kobe. Blake. It's was just some desperation to get wins as well as identity crisis on the team for roles.

Kobe is Kobe. The injury would be devastating for a person who isn't a gym rat and without a medical staff of the highest quality. And, probably some of the craziest rehab tools to get back on track how to recover.

And you seriously think Kobe isn't gonna take advantage of that? 

Take out Kaman. Put Pau at 5. Everyone is a shooter you have to defend. Especially at the SG and PG who's ball handling skills understanding of offense are of HIGH IQ. Can't wait to see that!

-Last season. Teams would of loved having Metta and Pau shoot those outside shots and 3s. 

2011 Dallas Mavericks proved, yo some crazy stuff can happen.

And lastly, you don't seem to be optimistic at all. Are you sure your a fan?

Ok first off your acting like replacing dwight with kaman made us better. Thats a joke. Kaman is ok. He was a good sign for what we need in this REBUILDING YEAR. Dwight is so much better than him it ridiculous.

I don't know where you are getting this bad passing from. Dwight was great at handling double teams and passing out to the shooter. Why do you think when he was in orlando they went to the finals. Its because they just surrounded him with shooters for him to pass out too.  

No defense. Phil may have not preached defense but we had good defense. I guess you can't remember game 7 of the finals where we pretty much won the game because we shut the celtics down. Hell in both those championship seasons we were ranked 4th and 6th in the league so I have no idea where you are seeing we had bad defense.

Yea nash was injured and he will be again this season. The guy will always be injured. He's gonna be 40 years old by mid season. Also its not like were the same team. Literally half our team has new players and kobe will be out for the first 2 months so nash will still be playing with mostly new players. Pau,kobe,meeks,blake are the only players nash has played with who are still on this team. I dont count hill because he only player 29 games. 

Kobe is still human. I know he's got amazing work ethic and he will still be a good player on our team. He will not be what he was last year. This isn't some small broken leg or a ACL tear. This is by far one of the worst injuries you can have. The only reason he still can go on with his career is because modern medicine in amazing. 

2011 mavericks had a good coach, a healthy superstar player, a great defensive center in chandler at the time, great bench who included Jason terry.They had a great squad of players. Idk why everyone is comparing them to us. They were a good team. We are nothing like them.

This is a bad team. Its ok to have a bad season. People are in for a really long year. The best thing you can do is have realistic expectations. There is no logical reason to think this team would make even the playoffs.

And yes I am a fan. Im not a homer. I don't see any laker team and think we champions. Any season I see we won't win a ring is a failure because were are the lakers not the rockets or some other dumb franchise. This is not a championship team. Look at the past lakers teams to win it. This team is a joke compared to them. Accept were are in a rebuilding state and this season will more bearable. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users