Photo

Kobe takes note of ESPN predicting Lakers finishing 12th (Pg. 4)

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#181 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 31, 2013 - 02:06 AM

And i don't see the lakers going higher
Only perhaps falling behind the kings

#182 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,789 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 31, 2013 - 04:13 AM

^
Well,Grizzlies will go higher when they get Gasol back, Kings will win enough games to be better than us, Pelicans are going to maybe even make a run at the playoffs if they continue without injuries and with Tyreke catching fire. 
Only Utah will stay beneath us.

Impossible is nothing.

#183 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,068 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 31, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Without many draft picks, limited tradeable talent, a bad coach, a bloated payroll and an ancient injured superstar.

But our owner and FO are geniuses in the eyes of many on this board ....

Write off this season...but i'm not nearly ready to write off the FO or Jim. Before the season people seemed split 50/50 on tanking for draft. Now its higher as playoffs seem a ridiculous goal given injuries and record.

Still...this is when Mitch can really shine. Even Kobe was ready to give up on the Lakers TWICE and we rewarded him with finals and contracts.  A miss of playoffs every 10 years is no biggie.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

#184 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted January 02, 2014 - 01:45 PM

I just hope that Kobe decides to take this season off to rest completely. There's no reason for him to come back to a train wrecked team like this. There's nothing that the Lakers can do at this point in the season to make any significant impact whatsoever. Take the season off and get a solid pick in the draft as well as having open cap space to sign or trade for a legitimate superstar to pair with Kobe to compete for the last 2 years of his contract

#185 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted January 02, 2014 - 01:48 PM

I hope Mitch can talk him into taking the year off and heal completely. Assuring him that he's going to build him a solid championship contending team for the last couple of years of his career

#186 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,108 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2014 - 01:59 PM

1225-number of loses this season

#187 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2014 - 06:59 PM

12th is generous right now, very generous.

#188 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 10:35 PM

Looks like we may even be worse :laughing:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#189 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,544 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 12:03 AM

espn still wrong they overrated us

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#190 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted January 03, 2014 - 06:15 AM

I just hope that Kobe decides to take this season off to rest completely. There's no reason for him to come back to a train wrecked team like this. There's nothing that the Lakers can do at this point in the season to make any significant impact whatsoever. Take the season off and get a solid pick in the draft as well as having open cap space to sign or trade for a legitimate superstar to pair with Kobe to compete for the last 2 years of his contract

You know that's never gonna happen, right?

Not that I would be against it... there's just no way Kobe takes the season off if he's able to play.

He may take it slow, and I believe he will, but once he's ready to play... he'll play! That's a sure thing...

Posted Image

#191 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 03, 2014 - 12:45 PM

I'm sure Kobe will come back this year, but it's too bad.

Can't let foolish pride get in the way right now.  Kobe coming back this year is absolutely pointless on all fronts.

#192 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted January 03, 2014 - 12:49 PM

I was wondering to myself the other day if Kobe would ever consider playing some games in the D-League, just to get back in basketball shape and to experiment with his injury limitations. But of  course it would never happen. 

Then it just was reported the Rondo may start back in the D-League and it was his own idea to do it; made me respect him a bit more if that is the case. 

#193 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,682 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 03, 2014 - 01:13 PM

I was wondering to myself the other day if Kobe would ever consider playing some games in the D-League, just to get back in basketball shape and to experiment with his injury limitations. But of  course it would never happen. 

Then it just was reported the Rondo may start back in the D-League and it was his own idea to do it; made me respect him a bit more if that is the case. 

3 games into his comeback Kobe was scoring at will on Tony Allen.  He doesn't need the d-league, he just needs to get healthy. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#194 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 03, 2014 - 01:16 PM

Lakers would be well below the 12th spot if we were healthy. We were a 9-10 seed with a full team minus Nash and Kobe. Now if we still had Kobe, we'd be in the playoff hunt. Unfortunately, the injuries struck again this year, and probably one of the worst of all.

#195 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,367 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:12 PM

3 games into his comeback Kobe was scoring at will on Tony Allen.  He doesn't need the d-league, he just needs to get healthy. 

The D league thing is for him to get conditioning and bball rhythm
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users