125 replies to this topic

#121 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,053 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:43 AM

There are at least 15 maybe 20 starting PGs much better for building a winning team in the league than Brandon Jennings.  The guy just isnt very good man.  Not sure why you can't see that.  His stats and the eye test on the court speak to that.  You can keep believing that putting on a Laker uni is going to magically change him into a top PG.  Age is one thing but he has had 4 years experience on what was at one point a decent team.  He does not get the "he didnt have help" card.  Maybe he didnt get better and thats why others didnt elevate...just a thought

I won't even bother reading all that. I have made my point, so did you.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#122 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted July 23, 2013 - 12:00 PM

First of all he's 23. His career average so far is at 17 ppg 5.7 apg 3.4 rpg and 1.5 spg

55 point game isn't his only highlight. If you think so, that is retarded. He carried that Bucks team to playoffs in two of four season he played.

If you expect a 55 point rookie performance to continue over his entier career, maybe you need a reality check. He is no Jordan and he didn't claim himself to be the best point guard in the league.

Players play to get paid. He is for sure not a MAX guy. But it's his right to ask as much as he can get. Paul George put up one solid season and led his team, and everybody is talking as if he is the next big thing and believe he is for sure a MAX guy. His percentages may be the WORST among all starting SFs in the league. But does he have potential? Hell yes. And I'm big fan of him.

Jennings suffers from one thing and one thing only. We are in PG-loaded league. Most of the PGs are NOT unique. They are just athletic, have handle and able to finish at the rim. Out of all the PGs unique ones are probably Curry, Irving, CP3 and Rondo. You can pass others as duplicate of themselves. Jennings also belongs to that group. And he is no worse than Ty Lawson (4-year $48m), Teague (4-year $32m) , Jrue Holiday (4-year $44m). I would also give Jennings a 4-year 40-45m deal.

Jennings is not a franchise player. And his skils won't develop to be a one. He wouldn't average 22-8 even if you gave him million years. But he is a warrior and a team player. He would certainly function well as the 2nd or 3rd guy for a contending team.

Playing for teams which have no vision whatsoever is harder than you think. And Bucks is the prime example of that. They don't tank, they don't/can't pursue big names and therefore they are in that mid-league hell. Let's check Bucks' perimeter rotation in Jennings' term.

09/10 - Jennings, Ridnour, Salmons, Delfino, Redd

10/11 - Jennings, Dooling, Salmons, Delfino, Maggette

11/12 - Jennings, Udrih, Ellis, Dunleavy, SJackson, Delfino

12/13 - Jennings, Udrih, Ellis, Dunleavy, Redick

I mean what the hell are you doing? There is no single player that compliments Jennings in that bunch. Bucks traded their No.1 overall pick for Ellis, all to lose him 2 years later. I understand the reluctance to keep him since he's injury prone, but why do this?

They also traded for Redick in mid-season to lose him agian. And went after Teague, but Hawks matched their offer.

I support Jennings' decision to play for a contending team. He is right to be unhappy. He's putting up 17-6 playing with bunch of benchwarmers in starting lineup. He does not deserve a MAX contract, but he shouldn't be held responsible for team's situation and his overall inefficiency. To say he is the worst starting PG in the league is retarded. You are hating on the guy that you watched maybe two or three times in a season for no reason.

I hope Jennings can show his true talents playing some meaningful minutes. Success comes from motivation.

Amen!

Posted Image

#123 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,026 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 30, 2013 - 01:20 PM

He's been traded to Pistons. Close thread

#124 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,311 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 30, 2013 - 02:12 PM

He's been traded to Pistons. Close thread

Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings on the same team?

I hope the crowd likes the sound of clanks

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#125 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 30, 2013 - 02:30 PM

He still won't be happy in Detroit. 

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#126 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,135 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 31, 2013 - 07:23 AM

Guys a bum and belongs in the bum city. Hey at least he can buy one of those $1 houses down there now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)