#81 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:09 AM

People on here think Pau Gasol is garbage, he has had 10 times the career Brandon Jennings has or will have.  

Pau is garbage for what he is payed.

#82 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Brandon Jennings won a playoff game as the lone star on a team.

Stats really make people lazy.

Is he is the SAME level player Pau is/was truthfully. 

1 time All-Star who could become an asset on a team that he fits with.

in NY he would be awesome, and I think in La, he would be awesome. He is a streaky shooter, but in many ways so is Kobe, but like Tony Parker, he is GREAT at get past his man and on a team like this, we may have to tell him to be a bit more selfish at times.

#83 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,388 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:34 AM

I don't want him.. he thinks he's the [expletive] and he's not. At all.

#84 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:00 AM

He is the [expletive].

Brandon-Jennings3-265x360.png

:ras:

Edited by Chad, July 15, 2013 - 11:01 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#85 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:17 AM

Question, what are your qualifications for someone being a top point guard?

There's different types of point guards. Scoring point guards, playmaking point guards, and the all around point guard (combination of both along with playing D)

Chris Paul IMO is the only all around point guard in the league right now that can do it all.

I agree with pretty much everything you said... and I'm not saying he's not a top PG (though definitely not top 5 in my book)

There are different types of PGs. Some are "pass first", others "shoot first" and others do it all...

Rondo is "pass only" because he simply can not shoot. Most of his points come from penetrations/layups...

He shot .240 from 3pt land last season and that was his best (!!!) mark over the last 4 years!

And as he led the league in assists he also led the league in turnovers...

I prefer a guy who averages less 3 or 4 assists but can actually shoot the ball.

On top of that he's got a terrible attitude.

Rondo is a triple double machine. Westbrook LOSES games for the Thunder cause he shoots them out of it. Curry is fantastic but I don't believe he'll ever live up to a superstar label. Same as Irving, not fully developed yet.

Putting guys like Curry and Irving in front of Rondo makes you look stupid. Rondo is in his prime. Curry and Irving are already injury ridden and haven't shown superstardom YET. I'm sure they will, but you can't place someone over Rondo because of potential.

Lets not forget Rondo's historic 18-17-20 night. That's just ridiculous.

Westbrook LOSES games for the Thunder? Yeah, the same way Kobe loses games for the Lakers (and I'm not comparing the two)

Makes me look stupid? Well, there's a lot of stupid people out there...

I just googled "best pg in the nba"

TOP 10 POINT GUARDS IN THE NBA (Rondo is #6 behind both Irving and Curry)

THE TOP 10 POINT GUARDS IN THE NBA THIS SEASON (Curry is #4, Irving #3, Rondo is... nowhere to be seen)

The NBA's Top 10 Point Guards (Rondo #6 once again behind both Irving and Curry)

The NBA’s top 10 point guards (Rondo #6 behind Irving, Curry #7)

Hollinger Stats - Player Efficiency Rating - Qualified Point Guards

Irving #4

Curry #5

Rondo #12

Your entitled to your opinion and I respect it but I don't think I'm looking stupid...

Posted Image

#86 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:19 AM

ncb_u_cousins-wall01_576.jpg

#87 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:22 AM

^

So much potential in an otherwise unproven imagined duo.

#88 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:23 AM

I like how people say Jennings is a cancer for wanting to leave Milwaukee, but do you see the team they put around him? You would want out too.

#89 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:24 AM

I wanted to trade Dwight for Cousins. 

ncb_u_cousins-wall01_576.jpg

#90 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:33 AM

I wanted to trade Dwight for Cousins. 

true grit and about winning. They say Cousins is a cancer just because he wants to win and look at the team he has around him. Look at the culture and organization he had when he arrived. Shaq and Kobe beat them into oblivion

#91 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Jennings is a competitor and has confidence.  He has the mindset and attitude of a Rajon Rondo but he just has never had a solid supporting cast.  Yeah he isn't a true point guard but outside of Chris Paul and maybe Tony Parker who is anymore???  The last true point in his prime was Steve Nash and I don't see any guy similar to him any time soon with a new breed of point guards.  Jennings can easily be a contributor if placed in the right circumstance.  Is he a fit in LA?  I honestly don't know, can he potentially be?  Of course.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#92 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:35 AM

^

So much potential in an otherwise unproven imagined duo.

With Kobe the imagined duo has the key for success. Who better to teach than the best 1-2 punch of all time (Shaq is with Cousins mentoring this summer)

#93 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Jennings is a competitor and has confidence.  He has the mindset and attitude of a Rajon Rondo but he just has never had a solid supporting cast.  Yeah he isn't a true point guard but outside of Chris Paul and maybe Tony Parker who is anymore???  The last true point in his prime was Steve Nash and I don't see any guy similar to him any time soon with a new breed of point guards.  Jennings can easily be a contributor if placed in the right circumstance.  Is he a fit in LA?  I honestly don't know, can he potentially be?  Of course.

I like matchups and Jennings cant handle none of the superior point guards in the league potential or talent wise.

#94 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,644 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Actually efficiency does matter but also the fact he's never really came close to duplicating a game like this ever.  Tony Delk once hit 50 in a game and he was never more than a decent rotation bench player.  Jennings is a horrible player to have if you are trying to build a championship team.  Lakers fans dont have the money or time to waste for them to try for a guy like him who doesnt even have a high ceiling to begin with figure it out. 

some of you are caught up with this efficiency stuff too much.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#95 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,644 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:45 AM

I hate statements like this.  More than half the NBA is filled with guys that have this.  Doesn't change that Jennings is a mediocre player with mediocre talent that has been allowed to run wild on a team that hasnt had much talent outside of Bogut. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#96 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:46 AM

I like matchups and Jennings cant handle none of the superior point guards in the league potential or talent wise.

I agree and that is why he isn't worth a max deal.  He is what you could label as an above average PG, and similar to alot of the point guards in his 2009 draft class outside from Stephen Curry alot of the PG's that year have also developed in to above average players.  For instance Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans (yeah he's kind of a PG haha), as well as Ricky Rubio.  All of the following players I listed are great but can any of them really matchup against the superior point guards in the league???  Maybe Jrue Holiday and Ty Lawson on  a good day but their games still have flaws just like Jennings.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#97 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Jennings does have one of the worst shot selections period.

#98 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:49 AM

I hate statements like this.  More than half the NBA is filled with guys that have this.  Doesn't change that Jennings is a mediocre player with mediocre talent that has been allowed to run wild on a team that hasnt had much talent outside of Bogut. 

Jennings isn't a mediocre player, I personally believe he's above average.  Not amazing, not great, just above average.  Him, running "wild on a team that hasn't had much talent" is probably the reason why he has been so insuccesful and incapable of taking his game to the next level.  

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#99 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Jennings vs Sessions vs Fisher vs Blake vs Farmar

In that sense, if Kobe is now a 20,ppg guard with his same skill and instinct, then Jennings can compensate from a scoring and playmaking standpoint, meanwhile is still confident and competent enough shooter to not miss many open 3 pointers.

#100 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

I agree and that is why he isn't worth a max deal.  He is what you could label as an above average PG, and similar to alot of the point guards in his 2009 draft class outside from Stephen Curry alot of the PG's that year have also developed in to above average players.  For instance Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans (yeah he's kind of a PG haha), as well as Ricky Rubio.  All of the following players I listed are great but can any of them really matchup against the superior point guards in the league???  Maybe Jrue Holiday and Ty Lawson on  a good day but their games still have flaws just like Jennings.

Ty lawson is more efficient but will jack up shots too and go ice cold because he isnt taking it to the basket. Jennings would be a different player and not really relevant on the lakers where he cant jack shots. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users