Photo

Brandon Jennings Dream, To Play For The Lakers

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#61 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:00 AM

if there really is a chance to sign him, we sign him...
im not a big fan, but he is talented

Ultimately he's not worth it in my opinion. Not unless he blows us away in this coming season.

Jennings would only be a last resort if we couldn't sign Rondo or Wall.   But signing Jennings before either of those two are even on the market would be a big mistake imo.

Jennings is the kind of point guard that would require Kobe to have to play him off ball and do EVERYTHING again.   And going into the 2015-2016 season I'd much rather trust Nash with that role of off ball shooter, and in the next season after(Kobe's last) I would much rather have a point guard of Wall or Rondo's caliber whom is on the market that could actually take the ball out of Kobe's hands and make it happen for other players as well as Kobe. 

Jennings would have precisely the job that Nash and Blake have but all he'd have is youth.  He wouldn't have the accuracy, consistency nor the playmaking ability to make things happen when Kobe is on the bench that both Nash and Blake have.

He has talent and youth but it doesn't trump all the other things wrong with him.  Not to the extent that you sign him the season before Rondo and Wall are on the market.   It would be a big mistake on our part to do such a thing imo.

Edited by Majesty, July 15, 2013 - 05:04 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#62 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:28 AM

You bash Rondo and say he can't shoot to save his life but you want Jennings who is a career 39% shooter, can't run a team, doesn't look for assists and is a 2 trapped in a 1s body that can't create for anyone but himself and when he creates for himself it's at 39% while Rondo who "can't shoot to save his life" does so at around 48% and is a career 48% from the field(which is astounding!) while still creating for others and being a walking triple double?  Yet you call Rondo the one that's "only great with the ball in his hands" and "can't shoot to save his life" when Brandon Jennings is the guy you're trying to speak up for.....

Forgive me if I don't understand your logic at all.

The only thing astounding is you ignoring that because he can't shoot most of his baskets are layups... that's how you get your % up!

You can bend the numbers all you want. He can't shoot to save his life.

Jennings despite being a PG is more of a volume shooter... and takes a lot of 3's! That's why his % are lower.

That said, he loves the Lakers... grew up watching Kobe and respects/admires him... and is only 23! What's not to like about him?

He'd love to play in purple n gold and would be willing to learn...

Rondo on the other hand is already 27, meaning he plays the way he plays and is not gonna change now...

On top of that has a terrible attitude!

Posted Image

#63 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:51 AM

The only thing astounding is you ignoring that because he can't shoot most of his baskets are layups... that's how you get your % up!
You can bend the numbers all you want. He can't shoot to save his life.

Jennings despite being a PG is more of a volume shooter... and takes a lot of 3's! That's why his % are lower.
That said, he loves the Lakers... grew up watching Kobe and respects/admires him... and is only 23! What's not to like about him?
He'd love to play in purple n gold and would be willing to learn...

Rondo on the other hand is already 27, meaning he plays the way he plays and is not gonna change now...
On top of that has a terrible attitude!

Why would you want Rondo to change his game. He's a top 3 PG easy. Amazing vision and with this team you wouldn't need him to drop 20
A night.

#64 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:00 AM

Why would you want Rondo to change his game. He's a top 3 PG easy. Amazing vision and with this team you wouldn't need him to drop 20
A night.

I didn't say I want him to change, only it's not at 27 years old that he'll learn how to shoot... while at 23 Jennings can still develop his game.

Edit:

Top 3 PG? I'd have to disagree.

CP3

Westbrook

Parker

Curry

Irving

Then I might think about Rondo...

Edited by JasonWll, July 15, 2013 - 06:07 AM.

Posted Image

#65 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,836 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:41 AM

Man how far has Laker Nation fallen when our fan base entertains wanting Brandon Jennings.  The guy is just not a good player at all. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#66 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,291 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:31 AM

Never been a fan of Jennings.

yup

#67 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:37 AM

Wall is marginally better,  maybe. I've seen jennings in the playoffs, Kobe would approve. Wall is a good option but, that basically turns Kobe into the player Paul Pierce i when rondo was on the floor. Wheras Jennings can do a little more off ball, because he is such a threat from the 3.

plus I can't imagine Jennings missing clutch FTs, whereas I can see Wall doing so

Wall plays for the Wizards, I can't see how it would be possible for him to miss a clutch free throw considering they haven't played a meaningful game since I have been alive.

#68 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,548 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think Jennings would thrive under D'antoni.  Iverson shot a bad % early also, but I'm sure we would have taken him in his prime. A poor mans Iverson. :D

Edited by Chad, July 15, 2013 - 07:54 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#69 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,836 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:20 AM

His game isn't even remotely similar to AI.  AI shot a low % at times but he was a pure scoring machine.  Jennings isnt even a poor mans AI.  Maybe a poor man's Van Exel. 

I think Jennings would thrive under D'antoni.  Iverson shot a bad % early also, but I'm sure we would have taken him in his prime. A poor mans Iverson. :D

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#70 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,548 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:24 AM

That's who he models his game after.

Stackhouse.

Man, there are a lot of similarities. Unbelievable quickness with the ball, ability to finish around the basket, scorer’s mentality, a certain mental toughness and competitiveness about the game. I think Allen is a little more explosive at the same stage in his career. He was a guy that, even though he was 6-0, he could jump two feet above the rim! Brandon can dunk the ball and he has good athleticism, but he doesn’t have THAT sort of athleticism. As far as quickness and guts, he’s right there will Allen Iverson in those departments.

He could be Van Exel Deux. 

His game isn't even remotely similar to AI.  AI shot a low % at times but he was a pure scoring machine.  Jennings isnt even a poor mans AI.  Maybe a poor man's Van Exel. 

Edited by Chad, July 15, 2013 - 08:42 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#71 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:24 AM

I would just be thrilled to get Sanders I am actually surprised people are here somewhat down on him. He is bascially a 10-10 Center/Forward who is really young, and still improving. Plus unlike most centers whose claim to defensive fame 'ahem' are flyswatting, Sanders is very mobile and decent one on one.

#72 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:38 AM

I didn't say I want him to change, only it's not at 27 years old that he'll learn how to shoot... while at 23 Jennings can still develop his game.

Edit:

CP3
Westbrook
Parker

Curry
Irving

Rondo is better then all of those except CP3 and maybe Parker. Curry, Westbrook are better scorers but lets not pretend like Rondo isn't a better pure PG.

#73 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Rondo is better then all of those except CP3 and maybe Parker. Curry, Westbrook are better scorers but lets not pretend like Rondo isn't a better pure PG.

Oh, pure PG now...

He's a better passer in part because that's all he does! If he looked for his shot his assist number would come down...

He's as much of an asset as he is a liability.

Any of those guys is easily (!!!) a better PG than Rondo.

Posted Image

#74 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Oh, pure PG now...

He's a better passer in part because that's all he does! If he looked for his shot his assist number would come down...
He's as much of an asset as he is a liability.

Any of those guys is easily (!!!) a better PG than Rondo.

Question, what are your qualifications for someone being a top point guard?

There's different types of point guards. Scoring point guards, playmaking point guards, and the all around point guard (combination of both along with playing D)

Chris Paul IMO is the only all around point guard in the league right now that can do it all.

#75 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:32 AM

John Wall period! Jennings shot selection and play is garbage

#76 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,482 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Brandon Jennings is garbage

#77 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:44 AM

Some of you guys toss around the garbage label too easily.

#78 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,482 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:47 AM

Some of you guys toss around the garbage label too easily.

People on here think Pau Gasol is garbage, he has had 10 times the career Brandon Jennings has or will have.  

#79 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,285 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:59 AM

some of you are caught up with this efficiency stuff too much.

#80 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,251 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Edit:

CP3
Westbrook
Parker

Curry
Irving

Rondo is a triple double machine. Westbrook LOSES games for the Thunder cause he shoots them out of it. Curry is fantastic but I don't believe he'll ever live up to a superstar label. Same as Irving, not fully developed yet.

Putting guys like Curry and Irving in front of Rondo makes you look stupid. Rondo is in his prime. Curry and Irving are already injury ridden and haven't shown superstardom YET. I'm sure they will, but you can't place someone over Rondo because of potential.

Lets not forget Rondo's historic 18-17-20 night. That's just ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users