27 replies to this topic

#21 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,355 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Mitch is on the phone as we speak with the Bucks.

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,101 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:24 PM

Michael Jackson... Kobe Bryant.  Got it. 

Kobe Bryant: Michael Jackson Was My Mentor

Kobe Bryant spoke about his relationship with Michael Jackson recently with Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski.

Bryant, who had spoken about Jackson shortly after the singer's death in 2009, described the King of Pop as a mentor and credited his tough mentality to Jackson's teachings.

"It sounds weird, I guess, but it's true: I was really mentored by the preparation of Michael Jackson," Bryant told Yahoo!, adding:

Read More Here: http://www.huffingto...s_n_787780.html

Got you covered bro!

Edited by Majesty, July 14, 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:09 AM

shut up with this stupid cliche tagline! its so old & tired

With Kobe being out until at least December, will it help bond the team?? Will the fact that the ball SHOULD move a lot help everyone's confidence. LA will not have the Kobe crutch for about 35 to 45 games and a great healthy camp. Will that make them better?? It just seems I remember this story before and Pau was the starting center at that time also.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Same thing here.  Kobe is our guy but still, he has never a season ending injury let alone a career threatening one.  He can be tough and play through broken pinky's and bruised knees but this is an injury that is life changing.  Some people don't even walk the same after an achilles rupture.  The idea that Kobe is just going to storm back like nothing happened after surgury and rest is really really far fetched. 

On top of all this the man will be 35 years old.  Him not being able to be an all star player production wise again is a real possibility and the more likely one. 

actually I'm betting on the fact KB will do the smart thing.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:12 AM

3-4 knee procedures on a same knee = guys dont come out of playing like Kobe! Just look a Amare. Now do I think it will take time for Kobe to return yes but do I think it cant be done? hell no especially after D12 turned his back on Lakers. More fuel to fire.

Same thing here.  Kobe is our guy but still, he has never a season ending injury let alone a career threatening one.  He can be tough and play through broken pinky's and bruised knees but this is an injury that is life changing.  Some people don't even walk the same after an achilles rupture.  The idea that Kobe is just going to storm back like nothing happened after surgury and rest is really really far fetched. 

On top of all this the man will be 35 years old.  Him not being able to be an all star player production wise again is a real possibility and the more likely one. 

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:26 AM

All that is nonsense.  I'm totally aware of his knee issues and you should be also aware that his bad knee almost forced him into retirement and was a big reason why he played so poorly in the 2011 playoffs.  You can't compare a sports injured knee to an achilles.  An achilles injury can totally change your body structure.  Kobe never tore an ACL or had a major knee injury.  He's been a tough guy but this is beyond just being tough and playing through pain.

3-4 knee procedures on a same knee = guys dont come out of playing like Kobe! Just look a Amare. Now do I think it will take time for Kobe to return yes but do I think it cant be done? hell no especially after D12 turned his back on Lakers. More fuel to fire.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:14 PM

BOOM!

@DrewGarrisonSBN 3m
CDR said he still talks to Kobe, who has told him he is three MONTHS ahead of schedule.

:|

fist-pump-baby.jpeg

yo.

#28 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:54 AM

If you are a hooper & have been through knee injuries they are no joke & they limit your game afterwards especially after multiple surgeries, yet Kobe still managed to do his normal stat output! was the point.

All that is nonsense.  I'm totally aware of his knee issues and you should be also aware that his bad knee almost forced him into retirement and was a big reason why he played so poorly in the 2011 playoffs.  You can't compare a sports injured knee to an achilles.  An achilles injury can totally change your body structure.  Kobe never tore an ACL or had a major knee injury.  He's been a tough guy but this is beyond just being tough and playing through pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users