• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Tyrus can play the 3 and 4. I think he would be a great fit but someone said we can't pick up amnestied players if we're over the cap. As far as PF, Hill, and the rookie are good. Pau can also play PF in a pinch. Kaman is the only big we have that can't play the 4

We can pick up Thomas if he clears waivers.

#22 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 08:00 AM

Tyrus needs to be our first option. Would take him over odom

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,050 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2013 - 08:09 AM

We can pick up Thomas if he clears waivers.

I haven't followed Thomas, why has his shooting percentage been in the 30%s for the last 2 years?   Were the Bobcats playing him wrong or.. what was going on?  Cause looking at his career before then he seemed to be at least a 47% shooter from the field, didn't shoot many 3s either on the Bobcats so I am just wondering.. why such a sudden drop off?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 08:36 AM

I haven't followed Thomas, why has his shooting percentage been in the 30%s for the last 2 years?   Were the Bobcats playing him wrong or.. what was going on?  Cause looking at his career before then he seemed to be at least a 47% shooter from the field, didn't shoot many 3s either on the Bobcats so I am just wondering.. why such a sudden drop off?

Tyrus Thomas has never been a perimeter threat in the NBA.

He's an athletic four (really athletic), who can knock down the occasional midrange, block shots, and get up and down the floor.

I think his problem is that playing for the Bobcats has dropped his game and confidence.  It's tough for players to be in bad situations and a change of scenery does them well sometimes.  

#25 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 08:55 AM

I wonder who would start if we got Thomas. Him or Hill?

#26 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,121 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:11 AM

LO, never was a fan of Tyrus 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#27 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:15 AM

LO, never was a fan of Tyrus 

My hope is LO, but for some reason many reporters are starting to say it's unlikely. 

Tyrus Thomas would add plenty of athleticism and shot blocking though.  I love his activity on the court, although his offense is questionable.  

Unless Jordan Hill is the starter next season, then this power forward signing will be penciled in as the starter so lets hope it's good. 

#28 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,121 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:16 AM

do you think we can make a semi run this year? I mean we aren't exactly tanking with these signees 

#29 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:23 AM

do you think we can make a semi run this year? I mean we aren't exactly tanking with these signees 

At the current moment, I can't even make a prediction.  Our athleticism will be improved so there's a very good chance we will not get run out of the gym like we have the past few years against younger teams, but I'm still concerned with our defense. 

There's plenty of questions left for this team though.

Will Kobe be healthy?  What system are we running?  What is our starting rotation?  Can Nash turn back the clock a couple of years?

How will underachievers like Johnson perform? Can we stay healthy? 

In a perfect scenario, is this team a top 4 seed? I don't think so.  At best, we could be a 5 seed but that's obviously everything coming together for this team and playing good basketball. 

#30 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,121 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:33 AM

At the current moment, I can't even make a prediction.  Our athleticism will be improved so there's a very good chance we will not get run out of the gym like we have the past few years against younger teams, but I'm still concerned with our defense. 

Will Kobe be healthy?  What system are we running?  What is our starting rotation?  Can Nash turn back the clock a couple of years?

In a perfect scenario, is this team a top 4 seed? I don't think so.  At best, we could be a 5 seed but that's obviously everything coming together for this team and playing good basketball. 

RT

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:34 AM

We are running the Kobe system. Starters will be deliberate and methodical. Bench will be typical D Antoni.

#32 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:47 PM

No to LO or Tyrus Thomas.

Yes to Kenyon Martin (Go BEARCATS).

Yes to Austin Daye.

If not either of these 2, play Ryan Kelly...yes, I'd prefer to watch a rookie learn than watch 2 boneheads WASTE the rest of their potential...LO and Tyrus can go smoke a bowl or good kush and retire...please and thank you.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Tyrus Thomas would add plenty of athleticism and shot blocking though.  I love his activity on the court, although his offense is questionable.  

Yeah and that's where K-Mart is better, both defensively and offensively. Some of you guys make things so complicated sometimes in trying to go for too much potential and diamonds in the rough so to speak. You also need to add guys that you already know for sure what you're gonna' get out of. K-Mart is better, more consistent, and more reliable on both ends period.

I'll take K-Mart, Harrington (although his history with MDA makes it unlikely), LO, or Brandan Wright (although at this point would be a miracle considering obvious recent circumstances/reports).

Thomas is far too wild, raw, unproven, and immature for my liking.

yo.

#34 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:12 PM

Honestly, I see the Lakers as a 6th at BEST. 

That's everything coming together. Health, roster, system, chemistry, etc. I have an awful feeling we're going to finish in the middle which is exactly where you don't want to be. 

#35 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Tyrus may be a little light in the rear to truly play PF night in and out. I think his defense at the 3 and 4 would be nice depending on the matchup

#36 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Forget the stats. He's a 220lb man trying to play against 235 to 250lb men. He hated being in Charlotte and hates playing the 4. I live in Carolina. Trust me I know

#37 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:32 PM

What about Landry?

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:36 PM

^ Carl's not available. Just signed with Sacramento for a nice chunk of money. His Brother Marcus (on our summer league team currently) is too small to play PF, but is interesting at SF. Been the most impressive player so far for us in the summer league only two games in though.

yo.

#39 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:50 PM

That's who I was referring to. 

It seem like a lot of 3s play the 4 now anyway.

Could Landry guard a David Lee, Blake Griffin or Ibaka?

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Landry's around 6'7 230. Those other guys have a significant height and weight advantage on him. I doubt it. MWP was a rare exception just cause he's so damn strong & good defensively that he was able to get away with it on many instances last season & actually have success.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users