Photo

Now All The Lakers Need Is A Back Up PF and Possibly Another Wing Player

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,616 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Lakers have 11 players under contract. Lakers need 13-15 to fill the roster. I think the Lakers need to sign wing player. I don't think Jodie can cut it. Sorry, Jodie. Prove me wrong. I think the Laker need to sign Ronnie Brewer. He is a good young defender. Not a good shooter cause he messed up his elbow when he was in high school. But I think he'll do fine he can do the things Trevor did while his 2 years here with the Lakers. He can't shoot but can get his points slashing to the basket. I personally think if the Lakers sign him, he should start and Wes comes off the bench at the 3.

At PF, Latest news from Kevin Ding and Arash Markazi is now it's unlikely Lamar is coming back to the Lakers. Elton Brand is rumored in talks with the Knicks and the Lakers are interested in him. But he might be out of the Lakers' price range. If the Lakers can't get one of those two. I think the guys next in line who I think can contribute here are Kenyon Martin, Amir Johnson and Tyrus Thomas.

Yes, K-Mart is 35 but he's still showing that he can play defense. Just look at the past couple years. 2 years ago with the Clips and this year with the Knicks. He can still defend the pick and roll. The bench has enough scorers. They needed a little defense from the bench.

Tyrus Thomas, the former #4 pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. Still young at 26 years old. Didn't shoot the ball well the past couple years but if the Lakers sign him, all I want from him is defense. Good defender who can block shots. He didn't get to play much last year cause i'm assuming it's due to what was reported as a mere bruise knee he had. It could be more than it was first reported. That's a little concerning if that's the reason why he's not playing well. Or he sucked cause he hated being in Charlotte. What do you guys think?

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, July 14, 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think they sign a back up PF or starting (depending who it is) and then fill in the last 1-2 spots with a summer league/pre-season guy. 

I wouldn't mind Tyrus Thomas.  Another cheap option. 

One name to keep an eye is Al Harrington.   He was telling people today at the summer league that he was going to be a free agent. 

#3 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:33 PM

I think T.Thomas is the right kind of low cost/high reward player that makes sense...
martin makes more sense for a title push, but Thomas can still develop

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,441 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'd say

Al Harrington/Lamar Odom for the backup PF spot   and CDR for the backup or starting 3 spot and Bob's your uncle.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,616 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:34 PM

I think they sign a back up PF or starting (depending who it is) and then fill in the last 1-2 spots with a summer league/pre-season guy. 

One name to keep an eye is Al Harrington.   He was telling people today at the summer league that he was going to be a free agent. 

Al Harrington did well on one leg a couple years ago with the Nugs. But had surgery last summer on his other knee and didn't play much and didn't shoot the ball well last year with the Magic. And another thing is that Harrington hates playing for Mike D'Antoni.

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, July 13, 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,441 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:36 PM

Al Harrington did well on one leg a couple years ago with the Nugs. But had surgery last summer on his other knee and didn't play much and didn't shoot the ball well last year with the Magic. And another thing is that Harrington hates playing for Mike D'Antoni.

Why?  The best seasons of his NBA career were under Mike D'antoni.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:37 PM

I agree about the D'Antoni thing, seems to be a reoccurring theme unfortunately. 

We'll see what happens though.  He fits the stretch four skill set that MDA wants in his offense.  

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:38 PM

I agree about the D'Antoni thing, seems to be a reoccurring theme unfortunately. 

We'll see what happens though.  He fits the stretch four skill set that MDA wants in his offense.

WC

I am 100% on the Al Harrington to the lakers bandwagon
he would be a perfect fit as an off the bench low post scoring option...
not to mention a nice stretch 4 next to Pau

#9 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,616 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:39 PM

Why?  The best seasons of his NBA career were under Mike D'antoni.

Here's Al Harrington comments on Mike D'Antoni a few years ago.

"Hell no," Harrington said Wednesday. "He definitely didn't want me back. That was the most obvious thing of all. We all knew that he didn't want me to be there."

Their relationship soured early last season when Harrington learned that D'Antoni was trying to trade him during the season. D'Antoni met with Harrington and denied trying to move him, but the damage was already done. There were other issues. Harrington believed he could have been better utilized in the post as opposed to being a perimeter shooter.

"Communication is the key with everything," Harrington added. "I respect people that tell you what it is. Don't tell me one thing and say something different to somebody else."

Harrington, 30, claims he doesn't understand why D'Antoni wouldn't embrace him, saying "I came off the bench and did whatever he asked me to do. I don't think he liked my game so now I'm moving on.

"When we won a game and I played well he wouldn't even mention me in his postgame comments. It is what it is. I thank him for the opportunity to play but I don't think I was a guy that he really liked."

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.466194

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,441 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Ahah he wanted to be used in the post as opposed to the perimeter.  I understand :)

Wouldn't think he'd complain considering his highest point and production output as well as him being a 20 ppg starter and 17ppg player off the bench were when he played for D'antoni and he's basically been a 12-14 ppg player elsewhere I would have figured he wouldn't dislike playing for the guy. 

To each their own I guess.

#11 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:44 PM

Ahah he wanted to be used in the post as opposed to the perimeter.  I understand :)

Wouldn't think he'd complain considering his highest point and production output as well as him being a 20 ppg starter and 17ppg player off the bench were when he played for D'antoni and he's basically been a 12-14 ppg player elsewhere I would have figured he wouldn't dislike playing for the guy. 

To each their own I guess.

Harrington used to STROKE the 3 as a Stretch PF in NY...

Harrinton is the model of a dantonie low post player

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,441 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Harrington used to STROKE the 3 as a Stretch PF in NY...

Harrinton is the model of a dantonie low post player

Yeah I mean when I'd watch Harrington the best basketball I saw him play was under D'antoni while elsewhere he's been moderately effective he was a BEAST in D'antoni's system.

so I didn't think he'd complain about it that much. 

Heck if I was him I wouldn't care :laughing:   if I'm stroking it from 3 and averaging 20 points as a starter and 17 points off the bench while I'm playing starter minutes and I've been mostly a 12-14 ppg in every other system I've played him and I'm still shooting 44% from the field in this system and all im sacrificing is some post ups?  Shoooooot... I'm not gonna complain :laughing:   A guy like Gasol complaining I'd understand.  But a guy like Harrington?  Not so much, especially considering how he flourished in it more than any other system he played for.

Edited by Majesty, July 13, 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#13 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Get Elton Brand.

#14 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,528 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:01 AM

Ryan Kelly is the next Dirk guys... there's no need for Al Harrington  :cool2:

And also, I think the Lakers should give Austin Daye a look or Al Farouq Aminu.

Daye is a 6'11 shooter and Al Farouq is also a 6'10 semi athletic guy that can sometimes shoot.

Edited by lakers1o1, July 14, 2013 - 12:03 AM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#15 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,616 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:09 AM

Ryan Kelly is the next Dirk guys... there's no need for Al Harrington  :cool2:

And also, I think the Lakers should give Austin Daye a look or Al Farouq Aminu.

Daye is a 6'11 shooter and Al Farouq is also a 6'10 semi athletic guy that can sometimes shoot.

Al Farouq Aminu already re-signed with the Pelicans.

#16 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,213 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:25 AM

LO and Stephen Jackson and we set for a fun season

#17 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,616 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:45 AM

Forget about Amir Johnson. He's not a free agent this year. I was looking at the free agent list from ESPN and they listed him as a free agent. He signed a 5 year deal with the Raptors back in the summer of 2010.

#18 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:00 AM

Tyrus can play the 3 and 4. I think he would be a great fit but someone said we can't pick up amnestied players if we're over the cap. As far as PF, Hill, and the rookie are good. Pau can also play PF in a pinch. Kaman is the only big we have that can't play the 4

#19 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 14, 2013 - 02:09 AM

Harrington and LO are done. Harrington Physically and LO mentally. LO is starting to make MWP look like MLK

Yeah I mean when I'd watch Harrington the best basketball I saw him play was under D'antoni while elsewhere he's been moderately effective he was a BEAST in D'antoni's system.

so I didn't think he'd complain about it that much. 

Heck if I was him I wouldn't care :laughing:   if I'm stroking it from 3 and averaging 20 points as a starter and 17 points off the bench while I'm playing starter minutes and I've been mostly a 12-14 ppg in every other system I've played him and I'm still shooting 44% from the field in this system and all im sacrificing is some post ups?  Shoooooot... I'm not gonna complain :laughing:   A guy like Gasol complaining I'd understand.  But a guy like Harrington?  Not so much, especially considering how he flourished in it more than any other system he played for.

#20 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:36 AM

Tyrus if no l.o
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users